Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Marvel spring & summer 2016 releases

Comments

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
    I am sure the Spidy pictures are fine, given they are from a 2003 set :) not sure how much the new set is based on this one or what Lego DNA they share.
    SumoLegoShibAdzbadboykiki180703prevereVBaskin2008
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,233
    also thought the set looked a bit shitty before I saw the box lol
    VBaskin2008
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,574
    edited January 2016
    ^ That is Spiderman v Green Goblin - The final showdown from 2003
    xiahnakiki180703VBaskin2008
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,501
    edited January 2016
    Vortex said:
    Heard great things about the new marvel sets, particularly the Spider-Man bridge set . Found some photos, hope it's acceptable to post them now ( no water marks)
    First we already  had images of the batman  set it's already released 
     Second that spiderman  set is from 2003
    madforLEGOVBaskin2008
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,233
    yeah, you know, I had figured it out the first time lol
    VBaskin2008
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    I'm not going to try and guess on the unreleased set. TLG always do what I least expect, so I'm going to wait and see lol.
    As for how they compare to last year's releases? honestly I think they are evolving pretty nicely. As the MCU grows and develops it's nice to see this reflected in the sets, through both costume design on the minifigs, and their accessories, to over all set concept and design. The brick built Ant-Man is pure genius (imho)
    Over all I think TLG have done a great job with them. I only really have one overarching problem with these sets, and that is we don't have enough room for the ones we already have, let alone finding more space for these -.- (but I'm sure we will because @vorpalRyu will be getting them, no if's, but's or maybe's)
    VorpalRyutallblocktookiki180703gmonkey76Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    We should have pictures tomorrow. The Germany show allows photos. That's assuming these sets are displayed. The non-licensed stuff we'll see in a few hours for sure. 
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Well I'm glad it's an older Spider-Man set because this was not doing anything for me. Looking forward to photos of the new wave and that  £250"Super Car"!
    VBaskin2008
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 530
    whats that flamy piece on the pumpkin head from green goblin??? new moulded head or normal minifig head with headgear? 

VBaskin2008
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    @wardm my assumtpion would be headgear, since is looks similar to Ghost Rider's headpiece.

So close to having the sinister six
    wardmINDYJONASVBaskin2008
  • INDYJONASINDYJONAS ThailandMember Posts: 33
    Let's conclude what we will expect in marvel summer sets (as far as we know now):

#75057: Web Warriors Bridge Battle - ca. $99.99
    • Minifigures: Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Aunt May, Scorpion, Spider Woman (?), Scarlet Spider (Ben Reily Version?), Unknown Guy on right pillar (Please insert correct Name HERE) 
    #76058: Ghost Rider Team Up - ca. $29.99
    • Minifigures: Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Hobgoblin
    #76059: Doc Ock's Tentacle Trap - ca. $59.99
    • Minifigures: Spider-Man, Doc Ock , Captain Stacy, Vulture, White Tige

Which is the best in the bunch?
    Which one the mediocre or even the worst?

- My own point of view -
    I would probably favor the Ghostrider set. Although I have some objections which might be fade away when seeing more detailed final pictures and video reviews:
    - Ghostrider's hair looks a bit like a strangely shaped, translucent, red colored wig..
    - His chains I have not yet inspected yet.
    - Hobgoblin's colors look questionable, too lollipop-like, but maybe linked to the source comic material.
    - The bicycle appears of course out of proportion. But does it have functions, how does it look from other angles or in detail? 
    VBaskin2008
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 746
    The unknown guy is Kraven the Hunter.

Also, how about the doctor strange set?
    INDYJONASkiki180703VBaskin2008
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 241
    If #75057 is only ca$100 I'll be very pleasantly surprised!
    VBaskin2008
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I thought the mech on the doc ock set was a bit obnoxious looking at first glance
    YodaliciousrichlINDYJONASkiki180703VBaskin2008
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Have to agree. Some of those that went to the show were big fans of the mech, but looking at the images, I don't like it. That's just first impression and it could definitely change, but first thought is that it's the set I like the least.
    edited January 2016
    The unknown guy is Kraven the Hunter.

Also, how about the doctor strange set?

Thanks for clarification. Do you more about his background ? Where does he come from? Real identity? Address? Hobbies? Favorite food?

For the doctor strange:
    I read somewhere that only a vignette a la TBBT was displayed. 1 buildable Monster was visible ( correct me if I am mistaken) but the Minifigures are still kept confidential. Waiting on a possible image taken by zusammengebaut.com or promobricks.de.
    Amanda1983VBaskin2008
    I wasn't a big Spider-Man fan growing up so I don't know too much about him.  Only thing I read/know is that he is out for the thrill of the hunt.  Once he defeats Spider-Man, he ends up committing suicide...pretty dark story.
    INDYJONASkiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
    Kravens claim to fame is that he actually beat Spider-Man in the comics 
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Well he beat one of Spiderman's clones, Kaine to be exact, but we won't bring up that convoluted mess....
    INDYJONASVBaskin2008
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    @huw are we permitted to post a sketch of the Dr Strange set? I think I could have a go at drawing a rough sketch of it from memory but won't if it will incur the wrath of Lego UK again... 
    VorpalRyukiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    @huw are we permitted to post a sketch of the Dr Strange set? I think I could have a go at drawing a rough sketch of it from memory but won't if it will incur the wrath of Lego UK again... 
    Make it a members only forum post
    INDYJONASVorpalRyukiki180703VBaskin2008
    Regarding the confidentiality problematic at toy fairs, showing just placeholder boxes as for the Minifigures is the only safe way nowadays in our information society where almost everybody owns a permanent and mobile Internet connection through a phone plus camera.
    Logically if lego shows more, the more will be seen and spread as information became faster than ever.
    VBaskin2008
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,190
    edited January 2016
    I really do want the Ghost Rider Minifig, though it leaves a bit to be desired for me, that and the motorcycle is just silly IMO.
    INDYJONASVBaskin2008
  • DangermouseDangermouse Baker StreetMember Posts: 15
    Do we know when the micro racers and Captain America sets are out ?
    VBaskin2008
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,501
    Do we know when the micro racers and Captain America sets are out ?
    March I believe 
    DangermouseVBaskin2008
    Watch there be Chinese knockoffs on eBay mimicking these sets.
    SumoLegokiki180703gmonkey76VorpalRyuchuckpAmanda1983VBaskin2008
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    I know these are fake because there are no buns.
    kiki180703gmonkey76bandit778VorpalRyuAdzbadboyMynattAmanda1983VBaskin2008
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 442
    edited February 2016
    Loving the Deadpool sets, can't wait to get them! The marketing has been great for this movie.

@SumoLego from what I've seen on one the posters for the film Deadpool has a great set of "buns" (hoping I used US slang correctly, buns means ass-cheecks, right?).

Was looking at the Spider-Man bridge set and it occured to me that it would have been very cool if lego made a Batman, half-a-bridge set as well. Two sets that could combine into one bridge. They wouldn't even need to match stylisticly. I would be happy with a grey and red "New York" bridge for SM and a black and grey, more ornate, gothicy bridge for Batman.

Just a thought. I might MOC the Batman half once I have the SM set.

Bob.
    VBaskin2008
    edited February 2016
    I meant hot dog buns for the camping set.

I suppose I'll keep my commentary (envy) of Ryan Reynolds's physique to myself.

I noticed the 8 million piece count.  I think that would qualify as a modular.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBgmonkey76VorpalRyuAdzbadboyINDYJONASjohnhenzkiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • Aerros1Aerros1 California, USA Member Posts: 22
    SumoLego said:
    I meant hot dog buns for the camping set.

I suppose I'll keep my commentary (envy) of Ryan Reynolds's physique to myself.

I noticed the 8 million piece count.  I think that would qualify as a modular.
    The piece count is also Jenny's number. For a good time call....
    gmonkey76mldj77goshe7SumoLegokiki180703DedgeckoVorpalRyuAmanda1983VBaskin2008
    still no word on dr strange?? 
    VBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    wardm said:
    still no word on dr strange?? 
    I also find it odd that they showed it at the London Toy Fair but not the other two.
    VorpalRyukiki180703VBaskin2008
    Deadpool the movie was a perfect adaptation of the film.  But there definitely be no sets based on the film - for two reasons:

1) He's part of the Fox/Marvel continuity (thus crappy ancillary products and no movie-related sets, and 2) There is nothing about the film that is kid-friendly that Lego would want to associate with.
    VorpalRyuwardmxiahnaAdzbadboykiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,186
    @SumoLego, I thought the movie was AWESOME too, just hoping my wife didn't get any ideas for next year's International Women's Day...

It is a shame though that the FOX/MARVEL war of attrition means that even if Lego were willing to release sets, MARVEL won't sign off on them. Just curious about where the final events played out, I'm wondering if FOX is giving MARVEL the finger, or is it FOX suggesting their want into the MCU...
    xiahnaAdzbadboykiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
    Frankly, if I were Marvel, I would want to keep the Mutant Universe separate from the Avengers Universe.  

Two multi-billion dollar franchises are better than one.

I am surprised that they opted to put Spider-Man into the Avengers/MCU.  Much like Batman, Spider-Man has an extensive rogue's gallery of villians and teammates to populate a separate universe.

Three multi-billion dollar franchises would be better than two.

Hopefully, the last FF movie will have killed that movie franchise off, and it can go back to Marvel.  Not sure what Universe would be the best fit for that franchise, but that's what smart folks at Marvel can figure out.  GotG is a perfect example of their ingenuity and faith in their properties.  (And the fact they've refused to make another stand-alone Hulk movie.  Which I'm sure they have the sense would hurt a very popular character.)

Considering there are five Mutant related films on the horizon (Deadpool sequel included), I wouldn't expect those movies to slow down anytime soon.

I don't see where it benefits either group to combine aspects of characters in the franchises.  (Between Fox and Marvel.)  Whereas it is clear that whomever is in charge over at Sony probably realized that Spider-Man is on a trend of diminishing returns.  Instead of self-financing new projects that may not hit those billion dollar figures, take less risk and 'free' money by licensing him back to Marvel.  

If sure that decision made easier by the FF failure.  

And don't get me monologuing again on the DC Universe, but they are royally screwing that up beyond recognition.

@VorpalRyu

My wife literally laughed out loud at the broken-wrist Tyrannosaurus Rex joke and the baby-hand as well.  And everything having to do with Althea.  She still thought the movie was stupid and that Deadpool is a jackass.  And why would he wear a bathrobe?

VorpalRyuINDYJONAScatwranglerAmanda1983VBaskin2008
    Jeez, that was a long post.  My apologies.
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited February 2016
    Well he beat one of Spiderman's clones, Kaineto be exact, but we won't bring up that convoluted mess....
    Er....I'm pretty sure in the 80s, Kraven beat Spidey's ass, buried him Alive, and then assumed the Spider Man identify to further humilate him.

Also.....

Pretty sure it was Kaine's bat sh*t crazy daughter who beat up Kaine then sacrificed him to resurrect Kraven.

(Kraven....seriously.. Doesn't that mean scardy cat? )
    Goldchainskiki180703VBaskin2008
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    ^^^you are correct, it was the Kravinoffs that defeated Kaine, then used him to resurrect Kraven.  It has been a while since I read Grim Hunt.  
    Legopassion8kiki180703Amanda1983
    The Civil War and all the mighty micro's were allready available in Bart Smit in Belgium. I picked up the airport battle and it's a great set! The Giant Man build is almost perfect, the minifigure line-up is great, the tower looks ok and the quinjet isn't as small as I'd have thought it would be. Really in love with the set! 
    Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431
    edited March 2016
    SumoLego said:

She still thought the movie was stupid and that Deadpool is a jackass.  And why would he wear a bathrobe?

It's a Ferris Bueller's Day Off reference. From the end of that movie.
    Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431

Just had a closer look at 76047: Black Panther Pursuit in the Lego Store over the weekend, and I have to say that it looks really good except for one thing - Black Panthers hairpiece. It looks like his mask/helmet is wearing a wig:

http://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/76047-1/76047_alt8.jpg

That's upset me as I otherwise think that set is excellent, but it's putting me off buying it.

CircleKkiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
    BP's jet is pretty cool looking though, just keep him flying the jet and you won't notice the hairpiece as much 
    Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    omg

ferris buellers day off

i want a lego set of the ferrari house!
    VBaskin2008
    MaffyD said:
    SumoLego said:

She still thought the movie was stupid and that Deadpool is a jackass.  And why would he wear a bathrobe?

Yes, I know.  That was to illustrate my point.
    Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Chubbles said:
    BP's jet is pretty cool looking though, just keep him flying the jet and you won't notice the hairpiece as much 
    Word. I grew up on Marvel and have thoroughly enjoyed the MCU, but I try to steer clear of the superhero themes. I'm just not a huge fan of buying sets I feel are lacking in order to get a cool fig here and there.

That said, all of the Civil War sets look pretty decent and they are calling to me.  I just want to swoosh BP's jet around while doing bombing runs on my three year old's head. I have to talk myself out of buying it every time I'm at the store.

Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    MaffyD said:
    SumoLego said:

Oh em gee! I totally missed that connection until you just said that.
    SumoLegokiki180703Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Another solid vote for the airport battle over here.  A good minifig line up and a fantastic giant man build, even his stickers didn't put me off.  I don't have the last iteration of the quinjet, apparently this one is a lot smaller, but I really like it, it's a solid little build.  The also-ran airport part actually suprised me with a couple of interesting little play features too, making it a bit more of an interesting build than it could have been.  All in all, quite impressive stuff.
    Amanda1983VBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    edited March 2016
    I think it's time to speculate what could possibly be included with #76067 - {Untitled Captain America: Civil War} set.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the set is designed and ready for production however it also includes a Spider-Man (Tom Holland) Minifigure and LEGO have yet to receive the designs of the costume until after the release of the movie or whenever Marvel release Holland in costume to the public. Apparently no merchandising company has received any glimpse at any concept art or the final Spidey suit.

I'm also guessing Vision, Baron Zemo and Hawkeye will be included given the lack of presence in the other three 'Civil War' sets. I think it could be an expansion for the #76051 - Super Hero Airport Battle set.
    INDYJONASAmanda1983VBaskin2008
    ^ If we are doing addition by subtraction, then there ought to be a helicopter in that set.
    Coolguy5000MaffyDflordAdzbadboykiki180703Kevin_HyattAmanda1983VBaskin2008