Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2 Star Wars buying questions

legoleppylegoleppy MarylandMember Posts: 61
1) I would like to collect the bigger iconic OT sets.  I have the DS, AT-AT, the most recent OT MF. I have my eye on the #75060 Slave 1, #75095 Tie Fighter (I could be ok with waiting for the new TIE Advanced coming out later this year),  and #10240 X-wing (is this still around?).  I know it's preference, but what is everyone thoughts on these sets?  Do you think they'll update any of these soon?  These will be for display.

2)  I want to get a few of the buildable figures.  Will the first wave (Grievous and Darth) be discontinued anytime soon since the new ones were released on Jan. 1?

Ok, that was more than 2 questions.  Thanks for your help.

Comments

• CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 217
    Some of the sets you've mentioned fall into the UCS category, most notably #75060, #75095 and #10240. It's unlikely we'll see them being remade at that scale within the next ten year. Red 5's X-Wing is the only UCS set to date to have been refreshed but with over a decade between the original and current version. Other sets like the system scale Falcon come around every two to three years. I don't think there's ever been a time when a system scale Falcon or X-Wing haven't been on the shelves. 

I have both the X-Wing and Slave 1 and think they're both great, I prefer the Slave but that's a personal preference. The Tie is on my shopping list. I'm also a collector primarily of UCS scale display models.

No idea about the buildable figures. I imagine they'll be given a 12month shelf life similar to the micro-fighters so maybe they'll disappear in summer? Merely speculation on my part and I'm sure I'll be corrected.