Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hidden unknown piece in Ninjago

I don't know if it's been noted before, but if you have a pair of those soft gold triangular shuriken, don't throw away the sprue block they come on. The centre block features a hollow anti-stud, and can attach to studs as some sort of 4-legged gold parasitic bug, or possibly a Spider-Man tracer bug.
Jenniwardmsnowhitiekiki180703

Comments

• AidypieAidypie Member Posts: 15
    I agree. Makes an excellent greeble for the sides of control panels and ships.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,749
    Yep, I noticed that when I got my first Airjitzu sets back in May! I was on the LEGO Inside Tour at the time and actually brought this up with some of the Ninjago designers on the tour with me. They mentioned that it wasn't actually meant to function as an anti-stud, and that it was just a happy accident (one which probably wouldn't have transpired if it had been made of a harder material with less flex).

It's not the first time that a sprue has just happened to have other uses or connectivity, but it's one of the most significant I've seen since it's a part that could make such a nice gadget or greeble.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^I like keeping green sprues for use as vines.