Superheroes minifigures

legoman1234legoman1234 Member Posts: 33
I would like to know what is the cheapest way to get more lego superheroes minifigures.
They have very big prices.
Is best way to get them buy used figs on bricklink? Or buying head,torso or legs seperately?
I don't want new, perfect condition minifigures, just normal condition.
Can you help me with advices?
Thanks

Comments

• DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247

Buying separate parts will end up cost you more (unless you already have bits and pieces).

I'll got the bricklink route, eBay has lot of fakes...

Drmnez
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,789
    Used will be cheaper, but you will want to ask upfront if they have scratches, chew marks, etc.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    Buying sets ensure authenticity. I used to buy on eBay but only from 99%-100% feedback guys if it was stand alone figs. 

if cost is an issue you can always try and trade for the ones you want
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    Visit all of your big supermarkets and look for reduced to clear items and, damaged stock that has also been reduced. You needvto do this as often as possible and, try to make friends with the regular staff in the toy area.

I found 2x #76015 with 50% reductions because the boxes were toast.

Also, during an easter promotion at Tesco they were selling #76003 for half price. A few days later they had an extra 25% off. £15 for a £40 set. 

It doesn't happen often but when it does, its worth all the effort.

• MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^but is it really worth all the effort?
    Let's assume you live next door to all the major supermarkets, and go there regularly to do your shopping.  This removes the need for petrol and travel time to be factored in (obviously this would never happen, but for the sake of argument...).  If each time you go to the shop you spend between 2 and 5 minutes poking around the lego section, averaging between all the supermarkets maybe this equates to 20 minutes a week, maybe even more.  You scored a £25 discount (on retail, amazon regularly price sets 25% under that) around 9 months ago - meaning 10 hours of fruitless searching since that discount - effectively you value this time at less than £2.50 and hour (at best).
    OK, you might score more bargains than that (or maybe you bought loads of that set and sold them for a huge profit), but also the real world costs of getting there and those times you popped in ONLY to look for Lego etc. need to be added.
    I used to chase every single thing that I liked from HUKD, but when I actually thought about it properly, it just wasn't worth the effort.  Yeah, I'll check fleaBay and amazon prices in the evening when watching TV, but I don't kick myself when I miss a bargain because I was doing something else.  Each to their own I guess.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    @MattsWhat : true, I'm aassuming the OP lives close to some supermarkets.

I'm the hunter gatherer here at home so I'm in there quite regularly.