Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comic-Con 2016

Has anything been leaked about Lego's plan for this year's Comic-Con? I got tickets during the pre-registration for all 4 days, so I'm excited! Did anyone else get tickets?

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,901
    What's a Comic-Con?
    VorpalRyu
    Where do I get in line?
    kiki180703VorpalRyu
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,100
    If there's a MARVEL minifigure & anyone can get an extra, I'll pay double what you paid to get it... :)
    SumoLegokiki180703xiahna
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2016
    VorpalRyu said:
    ... I'll pay double what you paid to get it... :)
    Is this true for all previous Comicon figures too? I can get you any you want if it is :)
    xiahnaVorpalRyukiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,943
    VorpalRyu said:
    If there's a MARVEL minifigure & anyone can get an extra, I'll pay double what you paid to get it... :)
    Don't forget that they will have paid at the very least travel and admission price to get it...could be a far worse deal than you think ;-)
    xiahnaVorpalRyukiki180703
    @MattsWhat, the deal only stands for people getting this years fig from directly from the Lego booth... :D

@Shib &? They're already there, its a good deal, I'm offering double what they're paying at the Lego booth for the fig... :D
    xiahna
    VorpalRyu said:
     I'm offering double what they're paying at the Lego booth for the fig... :D
    That wasn't what you said in your other post :-P got to watch out for those terms and conditions when making a deal!
    xiahnaVorpalRyukiki180703Pitfall69
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    #facepalm Oh goodness, I do apologise for my husbands antics. Sometimes it's hard to see he's being a sarcastic prick over the internet. He's referring to the fact that double of $0 is still 0. But if anyone can offer a reasonable price he would prefer to buy from someone here over dealing with e-bay.
    VorpalRyuToc13kiki180703
    I got that, I was winding him up in return
    xiahnaVorpalRyugoshe7kiki180703RonyarGoldchains

I will remember this...

VorpalRyukiki180703
    edited January 2016
    To be honest, if a ComCon newbie had a agreed to that deal, I wouldn't have made them stick to it, a jokes a joke, but that would just be cruel. :)
    xiahna
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 566
    Mando, we usually see what the exclusives are a week or two ahead of SDCC.  We got a VERY LONG wait.  

Congrats on getting passes!!  Such a tough get every year.  Now the next step...good luck getting a hotel. ;)
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,345
    @Mandalorian_Builder if you get any of the minibuilds(if they have any) or the sets and want to sell any I'm interested. Also interested in the figures, but they are usually too much for me to justify.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,674
    I did NYCC for one day in 2014 (in order to attend the LEGO Group's Bionicle reveal), and I can honestly say I would probably not have the stamina to attend an event that size for four days! If there are any Bionicle, Ninjago, or Nexo Knights exclusives, I might end up buying them on eBay after the fact, depending on their price and whether the designs interest me. But it's a LONG time before we find out any news about what exclusives there might be. We're not even to Toy Fair yet!
    SprinkleOtter
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    I got all excited seeing this thread, thinking 'already?'. Ah well, guess it'll be another 6 months until there's some news. time to start saving!
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 838
    I really hate when ppl try to include travel, stay, and admission into the cost of CC exclusives. 
    VorpalRyuxiahna
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,876
    ^ Ha, I know that look very well.
    chuckpSumoLegoxiahnaGoldchains
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    Gooker1 said:
    Mando, we usually see what the exclusives are a week or two ahead of SDCC.  We got a VERY LONG wait.  

Congrats on getting passes!!  Such a tough get every year.  Now the next step...good luck getting a hotel. ;)
    I went about 10 years ago, before I came out of my dark ages unfortunately, and got a four day pass the Sunday before it started. It meant I had to spend 2 1/2 days on a bus from Washington DC, but it was worth it.

Ahh, the good old days!
    edited January 2016
    Pitfall69 said:
    xiahna said:
    #facepalm Oh goodness, I do apologise for my husbands antics. Sometimes it's hard to see he's being a sarcastic prick over the internet. He's referring to the fact that double of $0 is still 0. But if anyone can offer a reasonable price he would prefer to buy from someone here over dealing with e-bay.
    I can't imagine my wife being in this forum; she already rolls her eyes at me when I talk about the forum.
    She seemed pretty thrilled about PitfallCon...
    gmonkey76xiahnabandit778kiki180703Pitfall69Goldchains
    Pitfall69 said:
    xiahna said:
    I can't imagine my wife being in this forum; she already rolls her eyes at me when I talk about the forum.

I got annoyed by him going on about what was on the forum, but only giving me half details before switching to something else. The joys of living with someone who has ADHD, So I did the only logical thing and joined up myself... And now I'm doing most of the big purchases -.- I blame you all with your infectious enthusiasm...
    VorpalRyukiki180703catwranglerGoldchains
    edited January 2016
    ADHD is great, so what are your opinions on the Doctor Who set, think we'll see a Daredevil set, do we know what the ComCon exclusives are yet? Bored now...

Why do people think I have ADHD?
    SumoLegokiki180703xiahnaGoldchains

^normally it's worse. But you get the idea lol

VorpalRyuGoldchains
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 697
    VorpalRyu said:
    ADHD is great, so what are your opinions on the Doctor Who set, think we'll see a Daredevil set, do we know what the ComCon exclusives are yet? Bored now...

Why do people think I have ADHD?
    Maybe they will have daredevil and Jessica jones for comic con to go with the TV shows.  Would be nice but I'd be jealous I wouldn't be able to get it.
    ^ Agreed.  That would be very bad for my pocketbook.
    VorpalRyukiki180703
    edited January 2016
    I'm hoping if we're getting a Ghost Rider set, that a retail release Daredevil set is in the pipeline. I'd like to see TLG start doing sets that have the previously released SDCC MARVEL minifigures, even if they are slightly different, I have Jean Grey (Phoenix), Taneleer Tivan (the Collector) & the Sam Wilson Captain America, but I think it's a shame there hasn't been a set with these characters. Especially Taneleer, a small set with some of his collection would have been awesome for an extra GotG set.
    xiahna
    There's always a possibility with the upcoming GotG and the Infinity War.  Tivan still has the Aether and the Adam Warlock cocoon.

It would certainly make the minifigure less exclusive, but who cares?!  (Not sarcasm.)
    VorpalRyukiki180703
    @SumoLego, might want to rewatch GotG, the cocoon is empty in the end credits scene with Howard...
    ReesesPieceskiki180703xiahnaSumoLego
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,372
    They should wait until the Defenders comes out. Daredevil,  Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Hellcat (Patsy Walker aka Trish). Also Howard the Duck, Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange were members. 
    VorpalRyu
    edited January 2016
    @Bosstone100, you left out Namor, Hulk & the Silver Surfer... :)
    xiahna
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,372
    @VorpalRyu - I left them out on purpose actually. We've seen the Hulk so he won't be in there plus the massive CGI expense. I'm honestly not sure where Silver Surfer fits in because of his association with the Fantastic Four. And finally two reasons for excluding Namor. First, I think there is some murky rights issues and second, I think with his ability to swim and to fly, he's better suited for the big screen again considering the CGI expense. 
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Come on, do we seriously have nothing with SDCC being so close?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
    I'm sure something is coming.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 566
    Probably won't hear anything about it til early July.  They're always pretty late.  
  • legomyeggoslegomyeggos Member Posts: 35

standing in the hot sun for that SDCC Lego Line for a 50/50 CHANCE of acquiring a fig is what's making the minifig value so high...

but be careful when buying this year...they all might just show up in sets later on...

• Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,177
    edited May 2016
    If it's Johnny Blaze......or that 616 Dr Strange floating around Asia.......
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,177
    Please not Arrow and his moving pull up bar or his pretty brain...

Shoulda called this thread: What Lego Exclusives We Dont Want To See at ComicCon.

SumoLegocatwrangler
  • Brick_BreakdownBrick_Breakdown Niagara FallsMember Posts: 88

standing in the hot sun for that SDCC Lego Line for a 50/50 CHANCE of acquiring a fig is what's making the minifig value so high...

but be careful when buying this year...they all might just show up in sets later on...

There have been some close reprints like black superman and dark knight turning grey and the closet being green arrow (even though sdcc green arrow's torso, leg and face print are still exclusive) In the last 2 years (2014, 2015) lego has put a great effort into character decision that they dont have to produce in a set (the collector might be touch and go due to the upcoming films but lego might still keep him exclusive and even he is produced it'll be completely different print) but you'll never see arsenal, zur en arrh or sam wilson captain america in sets and its safe the say that the 2016 figures will be carefully picked keeping in mind that they don't want to screw up on character decisions like green arrow 2013. I'd say future comic con figures probably will never see the inside of a set.