Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brick Bank - Missing sand blue plates

noclistnoclist Downtown Cleveland, yoMember Posts: 30
My Brick Bank is missing 2 pieces, 1x4 plates that I belive are the sand blue color. They are shown in step 112 of the instructions. However, when searching the missing pieces database for this set on lego.com I'm unable to find it. Any suggestions?

Piece number: 4169412
link to the part: http://brickset.com/parts/4169412

Comments

• GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    edited January 2016
    contact customer support, brickset shows that this set doesn't have any of those parts in it (instructions agree with you) so Lego must have missed it in it's parts list. seeing as the parts list on brickset comes direct from Lego. also double/triple check all the bags there is a chance the pieces are stuck in a corner somewhere, happens to me a lot.
  • noclistnoclist Downtown Cleveland, yoMember Posts: 30
    I think what happened was they accidentally packed 2 1x4 plates of the dark grey color, because I have 2 extra of them. So the weight of the parts was probably correct and it passed inspection even though the color was wrong.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    noclist said:
    I think what happened was they accidentally packed 2 1x4 plates of the dark grey color, because I have 2 extra of them. So the weight of the parts was probably correct and it passed inspection even though the color was wrong.
    Did you accidentally maybe use the 2 sand blue plates in place of the dark grey ones?
    I'll check over the build, but I don't believe so. They also made another color mistake and gave me an extra yellow transparent 1x2 plate instead of white transparent, so I wouldn't be surprised if the extra grey 1x4s are an accident as well.
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    edited January 2016
    I have read many complaints that sand blue and dark grey are hard to distinguish in the instructions for the brick bank.

I will find out this week-end :)
    It is difficult to distinguish, especially if building in dim lighting. I have to have a desk lamp right over the instruction manual to be sure.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    The only time I've ever been "missing" pieces in the past was a similar situation...there were two of a very similar piece in the set instead. A quick call to LEGO had the issue resolved.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,021
    I also had two pieces missing from the Brick Bank. Both from bags numbered as #2. One white column from the side of the laundromat, and one white 1x8 brick. I couldn't believe it. I have never had such big elements missing from a set. I carefully looked at every piece of packaging material over and over again, but I couldn't find them. Based on what I have been reading on various LEGO forums, missing pieces are starting to become the norm, which is really sad. :( 
    Wow, full bricks? I've had missing plates before, usually 1x1s or cheese wedges. Never seen a full brick missing. The sand blue plates I have been questioning were also from Bag 2.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,322
    I also had trouble with bags #2. I had extra of one plate and not enough of the other. I checked the colors to be sure I didn't make a mistake but the two colors are hard to tell apart in the instructions. In the end I just subbed one color for the other as you couldn't see it from the outside. 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    My Town Hall had 2 1x8 Dark Orange bricks missing with no extra pieces leftover either.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    edited January 2016
    noclist said:

My Brick Bank is missing 2 pieces, 1x4 plates that I belive are the sand blue color. They are shown in step 112 of the instructions. However, when searching the missing pieces database for this set on lego.com I'm unable to find it. Any suggestions?

Piece number: 4169412
    link to the part: http://brickset.com/parts/4169412
    There's a fundamental problem with that. 4169412 isn't in Brick Bank; 6111685 is. Both are sand blue 1 x 4 plates. I don't know what the difference is.

However, 6111685 is new. That probably explains why it isn't available, or listed, on the replacement parts site. What's listed there site isn't an inventory - it's a list of available replacement parts. Its absence doesn't mean that it's an error.

If somebody ends up with a tally of similar missing and extra parts that are equal, then the usual explanation is that the wrong piece have been used in the wrong place.
    madforLEGOcheshirecatkiki180703
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,925
    Not the brick bank, but so far we have had 3 missing pieces in the Ewok Village my son is putting together. Two are pieces that simply are not ones that could have been mistakenly used elsewhere. I am not sure about the third yet. I am waiting until we have the complete build done (we currently have scrounged for as close as we can get to parts from our own bricks), but it looks like this may be our first set with missing pieces.