Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

76052 - Batman Classic TV Series, Batcave

Comments

• MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 589
    Correct me if I am just not seeing it but how could Lego skip on the Shark Repellant Spray Can!?

You could argue to me that this is a small detail but I will come right back at you and tell you that this set already has loads of stickers, I am sure that they could spare one for Shark Repellant
    Pitfall69monstblitzbrickupdatekiki180703Sethro3
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    Pitfall69 said:
    i would love to see the price part breakdown of this set.
    so we can see what is jacking up the price.
    could it be that wallpaper?
    the 1x4 print?
    i may order that brick from bricks and pieces
    but i am not going to pay the RRP for this set, if it go's on sale at any point. then yes i try to get it but it have to be a good sale price to.
    I think I know what is jacking up the price: LEGO wanting more money and seeing where the fans will draw the line when it comes to nostalgia. Otherwise they are trying to say that licensing is really taking up like 1/3 of the cost to make the set? I find that pretty unbelievable. There is really no one piece in this set where you could claim that, unless they are trying to claim that all of the figures being cast and made are the reason, which I find hard to believe as well. Unless the cost of large stickers just went up, cause those sure appear to NOT be printed parts.
    if this is lego testing us to see what we will pay, then we need to do a boy cot of this item.
    it is not on.
    lego is pricey enough as it is now we don't need lego getting greedy.
    i think on this one the AFOL member need to try to get this messages back to TLG.
    we may pay got High priced set like Ghostbusters firehouse HQ, but not for a set that seem to be an out there price point.

(looks at price per-part) really? it's only 9.1p / 10.6c (so what is the Ghostbuster HQ then?
    5.9p / 7.6c ) ok so now i going to have to get a 2nd HQ fore parts.
    I feel like I am reading a post from Bizzaro. 

Nobody is going to boycott. If you think it is too expensive; dont buy it. This is a must have set for me as I grew up watching this on TV. I don't think anyone likes the prices of ANY IP driven set, but if you want it bad enough, you will pay for it.

Adam West as an offical LEGO minifigure; I must have...

point.
    i have been thinking on this
    i dont know how them can do the ghostbusters HQ at the Price per part with the cost of it's IP if a IP per part is normal around 10c a part.
    the what look's to be a price jump here, is the point that it a lot of part's at 10.6c
    it soon all add's up.

still i will have to be skimming the bottom of the wish list for me to get this one,
    as it would take time to save up for it.
    maybe i try to get it with my berthday money. ( i almost always get money. unless i ask for XXX, but this is part the price point any one will spend on me :(
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    That looks like an analysis, and I like analysis, but I can't read that.
    SumoLegomr.piggleskiki180703michall
    you lot have Dirty Minds!

replace xxx with name of item you are after.
    say like replacing xxx with "UCS Millennium Falcon" :)

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,409
    you lot have Dirty Minds!

replace xxx with name of item you are after.
    say like replacing xxx with "UCS Millennium Falcon" :)

I don't think XXX and UCS MF are interchangeable ;)
    SumoLegoMattsWhatchuckpdougtskiki180703
    Dirty Minds
    Dirty Minds
    Dirty Minds
    all i see are Dirty Minds!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,086
    It appears that opinion is labeling this set as an 'Atomic Pile'.

I like it, but the price tag will probably ensure a short life.  Also looks like it's taking the place of the Tumbler.
    bandit778kiki180703
    NickF22 said:
    ^^ I think it has technic pins to clip the sections together?
    Friction pins?  Sounds like it's a modular!
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Hmm, seems similar to these Mego sets:

http://reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com/2012/07/bat-palooza-mego-bat-toys.html

At $270 it should have included a robotic T-Rex and giant penny and the rest of the museum pieces...
    Leekiki180703
    the dam thing, is growing on me.
    at this rate, i well end up picking it up.
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496
    I had rather carefully argued myself into thinking the GBHQ was a suitable, if very expensive, replacement for the Fire Brigade I chose not to buy way back when. At least it could sit near my other modulars without looking out of place. Now I'm in deep trouble--this DOES NOT FIT with the modulars, particularly because from the outside there's a lot of slabs of rock where there ought to be rooms for Wayne Manor, and yet I want it a lot more than I do the GBHQ. And there's Brick Bank to be fitted into the budget as well...and everything just keeps getting more expensive. To think I passed up on Arkham Asylum because I thought it was too pricey for me!
    Amanda1983
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,591
    legomason said:

At $270 it should have included a robotic T-Rex and giant penny and the rest of the museum pieces...

That's Batman the Animated series, and not 1966 Batman. Only thing missing is the Batboat but that wasn't in the Batcave. If I remember correctly they had to drive to the harbor for the Barboat, and the airport for the Batcopter.
  • RobertoRoberto Imola, ItalyMember Posts: 117
    sklamb said:
    ..Now I'm in deep trouble--this DOES NOT FIT with the modulars, particularly because from the outside there's a lot of slabs of rock where there ought to be rooms for Wayne Manor, and yet I want it a lot more than I do the GBHQ. And there's Brick Bank to be fitted into the budget as well...and everything just keeps getting more expensive. To think I passed up on Arkham Asylum because I thought it was too pricey for me!
    If you're looking for something which fits with modulars, there is no way that this batcave can be suitable at that purpose.
    I think Lego has gone too far away with this set and has lost a great chance with it. The set lacks a precise identity. You can't come out with a set like this which is presumably targeted for mature AFOL who would buy it mainly for displaying purposes. The audience for this set have displaying priorities over playability ones. I'm not saying that the set is completely bad: the minifigures are great, so are the vehicles and the cave section. But what I really don't understand here is the configuration of the building, which is good only for the sake of that beam. At least Arkham Asylum was good for both aspects and both audiences, with a very nice building which was expandable. I think this was the perfect chance for LEGO to come out finally with a good looking Wayne Manor, or at least only a good facade of it like for the AA.
    jondesouzaCEpharmjodkiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    sklamb said:
    I had rather carefully argued myself into thinking the GBHQ was a suitable, if very expensive, replacement for the Fire Brigade I chose not to buy way back when. At least it could sit near my other modulars without looking out of place. Now I'm in deep trouble--this DOES NOT FIT with the modulars, particularly because from the outside there's a lot of slabs of rock where there ought to be rooms for Wayne Manor, and yet I want it a lot more than I do the GBHQ. And there's Brick Bank to be fitted into the budget as well...and everything just keeps getting more expensive. To think I passed up on Arkham Asylum because I thought it was too pricey for me!
    It fits in perfectly with a modular street!
    Well, it does if you call raising the entire street to make room for the batcave underneath, purchasing at least 4 sets to make a decent manor and extend the poles to the batcave underneath and bricklinking some grounds for your manor 'perfect'.  So nearly perfect.
    Amanda1983
  • RobertoRoberto Imola, ItalyMember Posts: 117
    MattsWhat said:
    It fits in perfectly with a modular street!
    Well, it does if you call raising the entire street to make room for the batcave underneath, purchasing at least 4 sets to make a decent manor and extend the poles to the batcave underneath and bricklinking some grounds for your manor 'perfect'.  So nearly perfect.
    Well, this is not how to fit the Batcave with modulars or entire cities, this is just how to to fit modulars or entire cities with the Batcave.
    Jern92kiki180703
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    I never would have imagined that the Wayne Manor part of the set would only be slightly bigger than the seasonal sets from last year.  When I buy a set that is >$150, I expect the build to be impressive and coherent. This is just a grouping of what should be 3-4 normally priced sets. 

The height of the set obviously comes from trying to shoehorn in those spiral poles. I wonder how many more D2C sets will have that this year. I'm fully anticipating the Hoth set to have one so that the Tauntauns have a fun ride. That's why the set was delayed until this year, so they could include those poles. 
    ^it's the UCS snowspeeder I am worried about... Maybe it unfolds to reveal a playset interior like Mighty Max (including pole).
    sir_Bricksalotkiki180703
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    I think its great.  At first I did not like the stickers (nor do I ever), but I do see they were very accurate to the show, and that may have been a challenge getting so many different printed pieces.   I think there are a lot of details here that are correct that are really going to make this a very desirable set going forward.

Also I was surprised how much my son likes this set.  It helps that the 60's Batcave, etc. was in the LEGO Batman 3 Video Game as a 'hidden' level I think.
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    There just isn't really space to play in my opinion.  The big reactor thing (I forgot the name) takes up that whole center cave section, the other one is a parking space, and the Wayne Manor is tall just for the poles.  I would have to do some major modifications to really utilize those spaces, and I don't want those little computer pieces just loose on the ground, I want them to be connected to the set.  If it were cheaper, I would be more forgiving.  But for that price, no, I'm sorry.  I was looking forward to this set too.
    MrJ_NYkiki180703
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    edited January 2016
    holy piececount to MSRP ratio batman

i would love to like this set but i d rather have 2 separate sets that are done good!

a batcave and a wayne manor

chopper and helicopter as seperate sets too!

+ if oyu buy all the sets you dont have double minifigs. so every set unique minifigs ...

i really hate me for not likeing the set. but its just not appealing to me. maybe its bacause the building only has 1 wall. i like my buildings with 4 walls and roof!
    Leekiki180703
  • yg77yg77 Member Posts: 32
    i want to like this, i really did, but i actually hate it.  Mostly because it was such a cool concept and it should have been great, but instead we get some super expensive, weird half finished moc looking thing.  That plain baseplate as the cave wall front...seriously?  the hideous gap in the side of the "building"?  The random equipment with nowhere to go?  This is a massive dissapointment imo
    MrJ_NYkiki180703
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    Finally a set I don't want.  My pocketbook thanks me.
    i am flip flopping, on this set,
    i think a number of points will rule this a no get,
    point 1 ( i have no super hero set's. ) i am not at this time planing to start collecting them any time soon "winter soldier mini fig don't count". (he was free)
    point 2 (price) i can get 2 to 4 other set's i am after for the price of this one set.
    point 3 (space to display it) if you going to get a set from a theme you don't normally buy then you will wish to display it more if not full time, most of my display points are ever changing display places. and most of my display's last 1 to 2 week's before getting changed for some of my other models. (in other words i am already out of space.)
    Point 4 (i only like the look of about 70% of the model,) there are part's i like and part's i don't, if some one splits off the Batmobile then i may get it from Bricklink with Robbin and batman.  also i may try to get my self the Wallpaper brick for Moc-ing with.

this post has help me make up my mind.
    the it look's cool (even some of the bad bit's) can not overcome the point's listed here.
    unless i come in to a lot of money this is off my list :( it makes me a little sad. but if you don't have endless money (or space) you have to limit your self.
    TwoToneBrickskiki180703
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Would it be possible for you to proofread your notes before committing?
    SumoLegokiki180703MattsWhat
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    I'm sure any bricklink store selling just the Batmobile with Bats and Robin will be asking about half the cost of the whole set :p
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @willobee498 I was wondering what a set of those figures might cost.  They are really the only thing that interest me here.  Well the car perhaps as well.  I guess it will be a pass.  
    Sethro3
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^I would certainly enjoy birthday XXX more than I would enjoy birthday money ;)
    "Meesa gonna call you Candii. Meesa love you mooey mooey long time"
    SumoLegoPitfall69gmonkey76kiki180703AdeelZubairCM4SGoldchains
    edited January 2016
    Is dyslexia different in the UK? Just wondering? 
    Has anyone done an analysis of the parts in this set? I think I remember someone complaining about the Winter Village Cottage's price point when it came out. There was much discussion about all the small plates that made up the snow covered roof. 
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 509
    I love the way this thread has attitude about this set moved and shifted.   In the beginning most of the posts were loving this set and thinking it's the greatest ever (or least the greatest Batman set ever).  Now most of the posts are about how it's too expensive and how poorly executed things are. 
    Pitfall69SumoLegoYodalicious
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    @willobee498 I was wondering what a set of those figures might cost.  They are really the only thing that interest me here.  Well the car perhaps as well.  I guess it will be a pass.  
    I'm just guessing, so we'll have to wait and see. But a quick glance at bricklink shows that the Joker from the Tumbler UCS is $35, and that's just a figure. 
    tallblocktookiki180703Pitfall69
  • empireempire BC, CanadaMember Posts: 43
    Love the design, hate the price. Throw that cash at UCS Star Wars instead.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    @LusiferSam the thread took the turn it did due to the fact this set turned out like a bad blind date
    tallblocktooPitfall69Rsa33
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,788
    I love the way this thread has attitude about this set moved and shifted.   In the beginning most of the posts were loving this set and thinking it's the greatest ever (or least the greatest Batman set ever).  Now most of the posts are about how it's too expensive and how poorly executed things are. 
    I think that many here would love the set at 199.99 USD (where I -and others apparently- think the price point should be if the set is at 2500+ parts), but a 70 USD increase over that is getting people scratching their heads. Especially when such a set will likely not be on sale in the US at all.

I really like the Batmobile and maybe the Vintage looking figures than the whole set. Probably will bricklink the car and maybe buy the figures if someone is breaking up the sets (even if the figures will likely be 20 per figure)
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,963
    No interest in the theme.
    Do not like the look.
    Too expensive.

dougtskiki180703legomental
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 724
    Nostalgia sure is expensive.
    same type of thing happened in the Nexo Knight's post. only the other way round.
    started out with hate, and turn to love. lol
    thedingman5kiki180703
    edited January 2016
    ^ It always is.

Inexpensive nostalgia is not really nostalgia.
    LusiferSamkiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    ^ It always is.

Inexpensive nostalgia is not really nostalgia.
    now that all come down to what trip's that feeling of nostalgia.
    for me i get that feeling looking at Nexo Knights.
    it remind me of visionaries and i love that show.
    the 66 batman was a little before my time, i was a child of the 80's/90's
    that's not to say i never seen the 66 batman, i have.
    just not as big as a impact on my childhood
    Visionaries.  That's funny - my kids were playing with those last week.

Cheesy holograms are perfect '80's nostalgia.
    madforLEGODedgecko
  • TwoToneBricksTwoToneBricks KCMember Posts: 37
    What a beast!! I only want some of the trinkets, sadly it would probably cost the equivalent of the set and then some. Maybe someday it'll be worth getting. 

It's just so dang massive!

• sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496

I think I may have worked out the pricing now. Obviously they started by calculating the price of one of the big super-modular style Ideas sets (wasn't there a Wayne Manor as well as a base for the X-men that each got ten thousand votes a year or two back?), then mentally sliced the set in half and got down to work making it meet Lego building standards. In that process things got simplified, naturally, (and the Batcave rose aboveground in some mysterious way) but the price stayed stuck at half of what the original MOC might have cost.

And no, I'm not seriously suggesting that this set is a rip-off from Ideas, any more than the GBHQ was, but the numbers do sort of work.

Comparing this set to the two big Simpsons sets does leave me with my mouth hanging open and my wallet squealing loudly....

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    The two Simpsons sets are great comparisons.  2500 and 2200 pieces. Similar minifig counts.  Licensed.  Yet this batcave represents a 35% price increase (US) compared to those two sets. AND it has a lot more stickers and a lot less custom printed parts. 
    Bumblepantskiki180703madforLEGO
    I'm just guessing, so we'll have to wait and see. But a quick glance at bricklink shows that the Joker from the Tumbler UCS is $35, and that's just a figure. 

Not the best way to guess imo. That set only has two minifigures and they are completely unique including hair. My guess would be someone trying to sell all vehicles and minifigs would want to cover the cost, so crudely, 270/12 means we are looking at about $22 per fig/vehicle. In reality no one would pay that for the penguin and they would pay more for the batmobile, but I reckon it gives a reasonable guess.
    i think that DC IP is the highest that lego work with.
    Simpsons and Ghostbusters had to have been great work by lego, it show that the cost of the IP has to have a big impact on set's, i did winder why it look like super hero set's look to have lass parts in them.

MattsWhat said:

Not the best way to guess imo. That set only has two minifigures and they are completely unique including hair. My guess would be someone trying to sell all vehicles and minifigs would want to cover the cost, so crudely, 270/12 means we are looking at about $22 per fig/vehicle. In reality no one would pay that for the penguin and they would pay more for the batmobile, but I reckon it gives a reasonable guess.
    i would pay £5 for the minifig's and £35 to £40 for the batmobile
    more then that and i would pass.
    and yes i would view it as a ideas set. as it would sit next to Ecto 1, the TARDIS, Wall-E when i get him and the two cars from the Simpsons set's
    i would pay £5 for the minifig's 
    This is not going to happen.