Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

76052 - Batman Classic TV Series, Batcave

AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
edited January 2016 in Collecting
Images removed at the request of LEGO.
ShibraygunnTheLoneTensorBumblepantscheshirecatbinaryeyeCircleKGothamConstructionCobrickupdateTXLegoguybluedragonvwong19BuriedinBricksLegopantsrichlBrickDancerYodaliciousLegoboyScogalichuckpbandit778matticus_bricksmadforLEGOspepperricecakeBrickarmorGoldchainskiki180703piratemania7

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,014
    damn that's cool, the wayne manor section is a bit of something and nothing, but I really like the look of the set...that Batmobile should have been a set on it's own!
    TheBrickLaddmadforLEGOkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,480
    I was fully expecting to be able to ignore this. but holy crap that is awesome. Oh my. I might have to rethink my spending strategy for this year.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    Is the RRP known? Looks like a $250 set to me.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Wait... this is REAL?! I too am totally speechless. Wow!
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Looks amazing. I don't see a classic tv Freeze though which I thought we saw some leaked pics for.  Wonder if there will be a poly to accompany this.

I've all but sworn off Super Hero sets, but I may have to make an allowance for this one depending the price.  

PS - Anyone else have the classic Batman theme music playing in their heads right now?
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Is that a Bruce Wayne minifigure? Sold!
    andhekiki180703
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 625
    I want just the batmobile
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ I can hardly make it out, but figs look to be:

Bats, Bruce, Dick, Robin, Alfred, Joker, Cat Woman, Penguin, and Riddler.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 625
    ^ great list of figs. Me. Freeze is poly bag to go with it
    CircleKkiki180703
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Eek. Cant wait!
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    l usually stay away from Super Heroes but l'm gonna have to get that
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 241
    Oh my word yes.

edited January 2016
    I might be reading too much into it, but it looks like they have used the same pole as in the GBHQ (2 of them in fact), its hidden behind the front and back walls on the right (and accessed via a sliding bookcase by the looks of things).  I'm calling a play feature where you can put the Bruce and Dick minifigures in at the top and get Bats and Robin pop out from the covered section at the bottom.  Now that would be truly awesome.
    richlandheBumblepantsRainstorm26Adzbadboykiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,212
    since when do TLG builds so much in SNOT?
    ^not to mention having the back of plates visible front on (even if it does make pretty awesome damask wall paper)
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 241
    MattsWhat said:
    I might be reading too much into it, but it looks like they have used the same pole as in the GBHQ (2 of them in fact), its hidden behind the front and back walls on the right (and accessed via a sliding bookcase by the looks of things).  I'm calling a play feature where you can put the Bruce and Dick minifigures in at the top and get Bats and Robin pop out from the covered section at the bottom.  Now that would be truly awesome.
    Judging from the pics on the back I'd say you're right! The last Batcave had a similar elevator set up for Bruce changing to Batman, but this one is awesome.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Absolute must buy
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    @MattsWhat if that feature was included i think it would be shown on the back of the box, but maybe not.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    The $350 I saved by passing on the Firehouse will come in handy when I purchase 2 of these to make a mega Batcave.
    TheLoneTensordougtsKevin_Hyattkiki180703
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 536
    That is cool.
    edited January 2016
    Is it me or are the plates with edge studs on the front of the house impossible with existing parts? Unless of course the poor quality of the image is stopping the join between tile and plate being visible.  A plate with edge studs on two adjacent sides would be cool.

Edit: To be fair maybe I am just excited, the whole facade looks pretty smooth and it can't be one piece!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited January 2016
    The costume-transition is shown on the back of the box right?  There are two pairs of "poles."  In the manor, they are really close together and look smooth (like antennae), and the ones at the bottom are separated more so (and are spiraled like in the GBHQ).  I'm thinking it's like @MattsWhat suggested, in that you toss Bruce and Dick into the shaft and Batman and Robin swirl out at the bottom.

Also, Shakespeare's bust activating this makes me all kinds of happy.
    andhekiki180703

^ I was wondering the same thing, but can't make it out well enough due to the quality. We must send the owner of this set a high quality camera ASAP!

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    MattsWhat said:
    Is that a Bruce Wayne minifigure? Sold!
    Yes I can't believe they stole my idea https://flic.kr/p/wgFCB9

I'll be asking TLG for some rights money.

But in all seriousness, the set looks great. We talking £200?

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    @TheLoneTensor Good spot, they do look further apart in the pictures on the back of the box. On the front I thought it might be a perspective thing, but on the back they definitely look further apart. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Vehicles look good, as do the figs. The building doesn't look too good to me though.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,212
    MattsWhat said:
    ^not to mention having the back of plates visible front on (even if it does make pretty awesome damask wall paper)
    so that's how it's made? I was wondering if it could be a new texture or just stickers
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Holy cow batman, this went from meh to POW 
    chuckpkiki180703Galactus
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 147
    Dear Lord, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

WANT!!!
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    edited January 2016
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/147610821948819/permalink/1011422072234352/

I completely forgot about it with all the hype!
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Yep, that's a day one purchase for me.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,889
    Just found out it's all made out of technic bricks and plates........

So robin can say Holy Lego bricks Batman.   :)

I'm now leaving alright.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 683
    Holy heart failure, Batman! That set is is like 66 different kinds of cool. Day 1 purchase!
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,410
    I rarely buy new sets, but this is one I will be buying. 

If they come forth with a Batboat they will have the 1966 Batman movie pretty well covered, and that would be the perfect set to include the Bat Shark Repellent and Bomb that TheLoneTensor mentioned, if they are not in the 76052 set.

Time to start looking through train parts to MOC a turntable for the Batmobile :)
    gmonkey7677ncaachampskiki180703chuckp
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,135
    But we have to wait until mid Feb. I guess Series 15 will have to do in early Feb.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,179
    AWESOME! I have been buying Super hero sets here and there for the personal collection and this will be one of them. REALLY hoping this is a 180 USD set only (though 160-the price of the Arkham Asylum when out would be better)
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    edited January 2016
    Interesting set.  Grew up watching the re-runs.  The only thing missing is a tilting mechanism so that you can recreate the shows dutch angles for the fight scenes.
  • ArmyofdarknessawArmyofdarknessaw PAMember Posts: 22
    Wow this set looks great. It was not on my radar before, but it sure as heck is now.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Adam West minifigures. Sold!
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 465
    I think I'm likely in the minority on this, but I absolutely hate 60s TV series.  I spent most of my childhood despising Batman because of it.  And I largely still hate Robin for the same reason.  As to why anyone likes this garbage is beyond me.  William Dozier did nearly as much damage the superhero genre as Fredric Wertham.  The 60s TV series and Schumacher movies I have a particular name for, but won't print here as it would be highly offensive and get me trouble.

As for the set, it looks interesting and I'm likely to consider getting it, even given my opinion of the source material.  There's some interesting looking elements and I'm looking forward to see better pictures it.  The price is of minor concern.  My guess is $350 plus.  Given the villains, the vehicles, and a bit of the action, I'm thinking this is based on the movie. 

RomanticWarriorkiki180703vwong19BlueTaco

^ I have a hard time thinking it'll be $350. Even with all you said--the minifigures, the vehicles, etc. - it doesn't look like it has a piece count that warrants that price. The Death star was 3,802 pieces, the Helicarrier was 2,996, and the new Firehouse is 4,634. This set doesn't look like it'll be close to any of those in terms of piece count. Even if it pushed to around 2,000 pieces, you'd have a hard time getting the non-hardcore enthusiasts to bite at $350.

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,889
    edited January 2016
    I really like the set, this version of Batman was one of the few superhero programs that got any sort of airtime in the UK when I was a kid. Although to do the show (or the film) justice it really has to come with some thud, zap and kapowee stickers or printed parts, (can't see if it does as the image has now been taken down)
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,259
    edited January 2016
    News from someone in the know on EB -
    2526 pieces
    $270
    brickupdatekiki180703
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    CircleK said:

I've all but sworn off <insert theme> sets, but I may have to make an allowance for this one depending the price. 
    Oh how many times have I defeatedly said this to myself.  Curse you Lego!
    brickupdateCircleKkiki180703
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    I guess the classic TV Batman works in colors other than black and dark shades of grey. 
    chuckprichl
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 586
    This will be a double purchase for me.  One to stash, one to play with!
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,391
    I am planning to cut back on my Lego purchases this year...after this set is released. The last time I was this pumped up for a set was when TLG announced the UCS Tumbler.
    brickupdatekiki180703
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,381
    They had me at classic tv Catwoman. Catwoman should only be Julie Newmar, lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt. If only I knew how to link to the Adam West on the Simpsons Clip. I now want to MOC the Mr. Plow episode of the Simpsons.