Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bad experience ordering from shopko.com

ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
Just wanted to post a little PSA about ordering from shopko.com.  I ordered two #75103 sets on Saturday, 12/19.  The orders were shipped 12/23 and did not arrive until today, 1/4.  (That's 16 days, I honestly didn't know UPS even offered a service that slow.)

The sets arrived today in two separate BAGS, battered, crushed, and bent.  I intended to build these so I'm not as miffed as I would have been if I had planned to sell them or give them as gifts, but I figured I should pass on this experience so that no one places an order with them with the intention of reselling them or even giving them as a gift.

I know stuff like this has happened with Amazon in the past but I still find it pretty astounding that $180 worth of Lego would be shipped this way!
Poochy

Comments

• groundedgrounded Central OhioMember Posts: 73
    Bummer.

I ordered some large City sets from Shopko last year during one of the BOGO 50% + 20% off everything sales, and I had to email them a week after the order placed since I never got an email receipt/acknowledgement my order went through. And then my order shipped about a week after I get a terse 'Yeah, we got your order' reply.

Probably will not be ordering from them again.

Apparently they have a retail presence (in my state, nonetheless!), but I have never seen a store. Someone described them to me as 'The saddest K-Mart you can imagine'.
    eggshenSethro3kiki180703
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I agree. It is add if Kmart and Sears had a very sad baby. My city alone has 4 and they all are the same. If people think Wal-Mart is bad, this is just sad. And most of their sets in store are above msrp. 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    You can get amazing deals on Lego at shopko. If you haven't been, you're not even trying. They fairly regularly have sales and coupons that stack and overlap. I saw reports of people getting some of the new star wars sets at close to 50% off over the holidays
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Agree with @pharmjod that good deals do pop up from time to time. I've had some good finds there in the past, but I'm just lucky to have three in the area. 

That said, I almost never go there unless I know a sale is going on. Most of their regular prices are horrible and I'm always amazed that they stay in business when compared to other "big box" retailers in the area.
    Sethro3kiki180703
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I think that is my problem then. I just never go there, so I don't pay attention or know when they have sales.

I guess last summer I randomly walked in and they had the new Avengers Ultron sets 25% off or something. But that was very random.
  • eastonlioneleastonlionel USAMember Posts: 14
    Also, if you check their website, they do have sales listed on there and you can have an item shipped to the store if it is not in stock at the store.  In general their selection is smaller than any of the other big box stores.  They don't seem to carry any sets over $100.  I can't speak for other areas, but our local store (the one I frequent the most, there are three in the area) is actually a very nice store, much less crowded than Target, and usually better prices/sales than Target.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    Unfortunately for me my closest store is over an hour away (hence the purely online order.)  It seems that an online order with in store pickup is the way to go.  

I recall someone explaining how before Christmas they were able to stack coupons on a TFA set and stop by the store on the way to work to pick up the item.  Then that evening they would receive a coupon because of their purchase, redeem it on top of the sale price, and pick up another TFA set the next morning.  I believe they repeated it several times getting 35% off a half dozen or so TFA sets.  Pretty cool!