Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

When Will The Non-Force Awakens Winter Sets Be Released in the USA?

I haven't been able to find any answers for this.  As much as I like TFA sets, they are very expensive when compared to the other sets in the winter wave, which is where I plan to spend my money.

Comments

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I've heard conflicting reports of Feb.-March or possibly sooner but in limited supply.  I think this happened last winter too.  
    PooPotato
  • PooPotatoPooPotato USAMember Posts: 8
    Thanks for the reply matthew!
  • peterjohn0peterjohn0 New Jersey, USMember Posts: 8
    So besides trying to get Star Wars Lego collectors to spend their money elsewhere (jump into the Nexo Knights line or drop $350 on a Ghostbusters firehouse) due to lack of new Lego Star Wars products - have there been any further details on why OT/PT related Winter 2016 sets that have been for sale in the UK since mid-December were a no-show at US retail on January 1st?

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,761
    Different themes get released Jan/Feb in different markets. Will all even out in February. Happens every year.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    edited January 2016
    March, most likely (or late February for the stores that don't read street dates).

They appear to be planning a Star Wars release for every window of releases:

January launch will feature TFA
    March launch will feature everything the US didn't get in January
    June will feature all of the new items that were recently named on @just2good s channel.
    And the August/Sept release will most likely feature Rogue One (complete with absolute silence from the Bothans, just as it was for the first wave of TFA).

Keep in mind that this is just assumptions on my part based on Lego's typical release schedule as reference.
    dougts
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    have there been any further details on why OT/PT related Winter 2016 sets that have been for sale in the UK since mid-December were a no-show at US retail on January 1st?

this happens every year for winter Star Wars sets in the US
    dougts said:
    have there been any further details on why OT/PT related Winter 2016 sets that have been for sale in the UK since mid-December were a no-show at US retail on January 1st?

this happens every year for winter Star Wars sets in the US

Not last winter it didn't. I could have bought every Winter 2015 Star Wars set on the 1st of January last year. Why do you guys keep saying "this always happens" when last year that wasn't the case at all.
    well, maybe last year was an anomaly then.  I know it had been the case for several years in a row.
    edited January 2016
    so apparently it is every other year:
    in 2015, it was January 1
    in 2014, it was February 18 launch date in USA
    in 2013, it was December 28 (2012)
    in 2012, it was February 2nd
    in 2011, it was December 30 (2010)
    Mynatt
    Ok - fair enough - every other year it is then - seems like an odd year to not have the stuff come out as close to the movie being in theaters as possible - but I guess that's the reason why we got most of the TFA sets (even if you follow the TFA-only logic though, it's still a mystery why the Resistance X-Wing Microfighter wasn't part of the release group)
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    March 1st I believe.