Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2016 = 35% more expensive to buy LEGO in Spain

ObiWanKenobiObiWanKenobi SpainMember Posts: 19
I just placed an order in LEGO shop today and realized that buying LEGO in the LEGO shop online in Spain is 35% more expensive than last year.
All sets have been increased by 35%.
Is it the same in the rest of the world?
Not happy with this
:_( 

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,463
    ^look on main page. Lots of [email protected] pricing errors happening.
    ObiWanKenobi
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    They rarely increase the price of a set, although it's sometimes necessary because of changes in taxation. A notable exception was the original Winter Village Toy Shop.

On that basis a change of this size tends to be because they've broken something.
  • ObiWanKenobiObiWanKenobi SpainMember Posts: 19
    ^look on main page. Lots of [email protected] pricing errors happening.
    Yes, it's just an error from the web site. The issue with the prices on the web site it's already fixed.
    Tomorrow I'll call them to solve it.
    Thank you!

• madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 211
    Legos seem way more expensive in Poland then US
    What has Poland got to do with anything?

And sets are more expensive everywhere compared to the US.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    TigerMoth said:
    What has Poland got to do with anything?

And sets are more expensive everywhere compared to the US.
    No, not Canada ;)
    I thought Canadians complained about their prices?
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    @TigerMoth Maybe, but if you look at the Brick Bank, it's $169.99USD which is equal to $235.47CAD and our price is $219.99CAD or even the GBHQ, it's $349.99USD which is equal to $484.82CAD and our price is $399.99CAD. It's a bit because of our currency that is really low right now (around $1.40CAD for $1USD) but it's still cheaper here.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 692
    TigerMoth said:
    I thought Canadians complained about their prices?
    They used to, then the Canadian dollar absolutely collapsed. So has the Japanese yen. LEGO is probably cheapest right now in Canada and Japan than anywhere else.

Funny how they don't complain anymore. I thought LEGO was out to screw Canada?

Or maybe they never were and it's simple economics? Yeah, that's probably it. 
    kiki180703
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited January 2016
    Comparatively cheap in Australian these days to. Especially those sets that were released early 2013 as our dollar had been at parity or better with the USD for nearly two years and so TLG finally started to adjust some pricing. Ironically almost straight after our dollar plummeted to .90 USD and within a year was close to .70USD which is where we are now.

Most sets are pretty close to the the US price these days. GBHQ=$365USD, BB=$182.5USD & UCS TF=$219.99.

Being that most sets, including exclusives can be had at a discount, which brings almost all sets to less than the US price. (20% off is a pretty standard discount. Although sometimes it's hard to find some exclusives due to poor stock levels). 
  • ObiWanKenobiObiWanKenobi SpainMember Posts: 19
    I just called LEGO costumer service today and explained the problem I'd experienced.
    They confirmed it was a generalized problem.
    LEGO is going to give me back the extra money I payed for the sets, they already add to my VIP account 100 vip points and send me a keychain for the inconvenience!
    :)