Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hulks minifigures

Are Hulks from sets 5000022 (polybag) and 850814 (keychain) similar?
I thought about buying keychain and removing rings to get minifigure only. Is it worth?
That polybag is very expensive. (I have one Harry Potter hair for Hulk to hide head hole.
Many thanks!

Comments

• Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    The key chains  ones are glued so you won't be able to swap hair so will be left with a hole in it
  • legoman1234legoman1234 Member Posts: 33
    Are minifigures similar?
    No the mini figure in the poly bag  can be taken apart like other figures from sets
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 504
    As far as I have seen they are identical.

I can't say for certain that the Hulk keyring hair is not glued to the head but previous keyring hair has not been. I have several star wars keyrings that I have removed the keyring part and they were definitely not glued. The metal spike that goes through the hair, head and body keeps them together. Once this is removed those prts can be changed. The only parts that are glued on my keyrings are the body and legs.

If the hair is glued to the head on the Hulk keyring then this is a new developement. It would be worth spending a couple of quid to find out.

If the hair is indeed glued to the head and removal of the keyring part leaves a hole this can easily be filled in with modeling clay. The fact that the hair is black would probably mean the hole wouldn't be very obvious or noticable anyway.

Bob
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,035
    I bought the keyring version some time ago so I didn't have to open my poly for display. The hair wasn't glued and using the soldering iron removal technique it was an easy conversion to add a new hairpiece without a hole in it.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBCCCkiki180703SirBen
    Had read elsewhere  they were glued but if not that seems like a good way to get one for display 
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBkiki180703
  • legoman1234legoman1234 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2015
    iso3200 said:
    I bought the keyring version some time ago so I didn't have to open my poly for display. The hair wasn't glued and using the soldering iron removal technique it was an easy conversion to add a new hairpiece without a hole in it.
    Thank you!
    Can you tell me if your hulk keyring have one side face like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0h3iG-TFjc#t=07m018s
    or two side like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUE7L15Dr0#t=01m02s  
    I'm a little bit confused. Two "same" keyrings with two different head printing?
    According to Brickset, there are only one:
    http://http//brickset.com/sets/theme-Gear/subtheme-Key-Chains-Super-Heroes
    Can someone help me, please?
    I can't quite remember. Currently the figure is in an Ikea picture frame. I'd have to get him out. Will ask my son as it's on display in his room right now.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    iso3200 said:
    @iso3200 what is the soldering iron removal technique?  Is it easy and painless?
    ReesesPieceskiki180703
    edited December 2015
    Let the heat do the hard work. As the metal pin heats up it softens the plastic, and with light leverage it'll pop out with next to no damage.

Technique 3 at The Brick Blogger

ReesesPieceskiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    iso3200 said:
    @iso3200 what is the soldering iron removal technique?  Is it easy and painless?
    For you, painless. But the same cannot be said for the minifig! (without wanting to restart the is a keychain a minifig debate).
    kiki180703Yodalicious
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    My hulk keychain head is dual sided. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,928
    iso3200 said:
    Let the heat do the hard work. As the metal pin heats up it softens the plastic, and with light leverage it'll pop out with next to no damage.

Technique 3 at The Brick Blogger

Oh, the humanity!

- Keychain collector(s) shudder in terror -
    kiki180703Yodalicious