Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

So I got gifted this by a buddy who used to work for LEGO

northernbrick67northernbrick67 Member Posts: 28
edited December 2015 in Marketplace
It's the new employee one called the Borkrum Riffgrund 1. Dunno if anyone's interested in it, but I'll sweeten the deal by throwing my 3 Admiral Yularan polybags with it.

Again, I' like to reiterate, I DO NOT do online shipping/trades. I prefer to handle my trades in person (or a proxy) and in cash. If interested, just PM me.

Comments

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Surely this should be in the marketplace @Captain_Rex @drdavewatford 
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,283
    Where are you located?
  • northernbrick67northernbrick67 Member Posts: 28
    whoops, my bad, i'll repost it there
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,283
    whoops, my bad, i'll repost it there
    No need to re-post, they'll move it for you.

Again though, it'd be helpful to know your location. :)
    madforLEGO
    Made a new post in marketplace
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,374
    Surely this should be in the marketplace @Captain_Rex @drdavewatford 
    Moved.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Where are you located?
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,044
    @luckyruss He's in the GTA (Great Toronto Area) in Canada.
    MasterBeefyluckyruss
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    So how did an employee 'friend' get hold of a gift given out this week if he only 'used' to work there?
    Not that it matters though, still a nice set.
    Xefankiki180703MasterBeefy
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Somebody who used to work for the company is likely to have friends who are still there.
  • david325david325 Member Posts: 138
    At least you're appreciating your gift by selling it on so soon after receiving it. 
    kiki180703MasterBeefybobabricksBengh_ZeranJern92
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,377
    ^ Eh?
    kiki180703Brickaholic
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Eh?
    I believe it was sarcasm... :)
    bobabrickskiki180703
    Sum people don't do sarcasm

;-)
    SumoLegoJern92
    edited December 2015
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Eh?
    I believe it was sarcasm... :)

tallblocktoo
    Bazinga!
    kiki180703
  • jamie75jamie75 Member Posts: 12
    Everyone is different!

But, my family is under the impression that if there is a Star Wars logo on something, I will love it. So, I get a lot of Star Wars items, I don't like, coloring books, kids books, stuffed/ plush characters, bubble bath, body wash. Things I wouldn't buy for myself and like I said, don't like.

But, they were gifts and I was raised to appreciate gifts, no matter what. I won't sell them or get rid of them, or throw them out. They were gifts. Some one saw it and thought I would like/ love it.

All the items I get, I don't care for, go in my Star Wars room. Just like it was something I would buy for myself. Just like my Lego sets, action figures, posters, ect. 

So, I wouldn't ever dream of selling it. Some of the items I have go over the years, I'm glad I didn't sell. One of my aunt's passed away over the summer and she got me a lot of things I wouldn't buy for myself. Now, they have some sentimental value to me, since they were from her.

Also, you should hope that if you do sell it, your "friend" doesn't find out. I wouldn't be too happy if I found out someone I bought something for sold an item I bought for them as a gift.

But, again, everyone is different, Jamie
    I think you might be putting two and two together and making something other than four. It's quite possible that the OP was given the set knowing that he or she would sell it - the actual gift being whatever sum could be raised for it.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^I believe making 4 would be assuming that the op was actually a current employee who wants to sell his set without getting fired (although I don't think the policy extends to the Christmas gifts.) I say, good luck to him. No point in filling your house with stuff you don't really want... Shame I can't do this myself really. 
    monkeyhanger
  • jamie75jamie75 Member Posts: 12
    If that's the case, fine! But, from what I read. He used the word gift. If it was giving to him to sell and raise for something else, great. But, then I would have used the word given, not gifted.

Jamie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,203
    These sets are Christmas bonuses. Lego knows full well they are sold on. It's better for them to give a set that costs them $10 but the receiver can sell for $200 than give out $200 bonuses (or $10 bonuses). Insert your own numbers but the economics remains. A cheap gift for Lego but valuable to their employees so good for their morale.
    kiki180703MasterBeefymonkeyhangerMynattGoldchains
    edited December 2015
    Have either of you thought of looking at the poster's history?
    ^^ They also gave an extra month's salary as a bonus.  And don't for get the chair!
    Close this thread. Someone got the set. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.