Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Maaseik, Belgium!

JurgenMJurgenM Maaseik BEMember Posts: 9
edited December 2015 in Introduce yourself
It took a few years to get to this moment and it al happened when I bought and build a new trainset for my nephew. While building that set I just wanted tot build again, with my own Lego.

Hello I' m Jürgen, 30y, from Maaseik, Belgium. 
My first Lego experience started when I was 6 years old. One of the first sets I've got was a Castrol gas station/ carwash (don' t know which numer, yet), and the Lego system train 4558. And then it went on, fire department an police station (both smal), everything for the train (station 4554, containers, Lego system 4555, and many more), and another train (which I like) the crocodile 4551, space shuttle center, airport, the first underwater sets and... .
Also a lot of Lego technics and some Lego model team like 5591.

So thats it for now. First I have to sortade everything, clean al the bricks and then I can start rebuilding all.
kiki180703

Comments

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,521
    Welcome to Brickset.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,035
    Welcome. Good luck with the sorting and cleaning, the building is always the most fun.    

Always nice to see a fellow Belgian find his way to Brickset.     hope you like the community here as much as I do. Feel free to ask any questions or used to search for action to look around for tips on cleaning,or sorting or whatever you might think off!
  • JurgenMJurgenM Maaseik BEMember Posts: 9
    Thank you both.
    Yes indeed, I hope I can start building soon. Today I' ve tested the railway tracks. Nothing worked! All the tracks are eroded I guess. After some trying, I got a smal circle to work. Another search on the forum how to clean the tracks ☺.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,761
    The nickel-coated 9v track system is pretty robust and shouldn't corrode. Just give it a wipe over with some alcohol of some sort rather than with anything abrasive and it should be as good as new, as long as the connections are still tight.
  • JurgenMJurgenM Maaseik BEMember Posts: 9
    Huw said:
    The nickel-coated 9v track system is pretty robust and shouldn't corrode. Just give it a wipe over with some alcohol of some sort rather than with anything abrasive and it should be as good as new, as long as the connections are still tight.
    Yes that's true. They aren't corroded but it looks like a yellow layer on top of de rails. Thanks for the tip!