Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,326
    Well, ours (at the Mall of America) was the first in the USA, so there! 😛
    Astrobrickspxchris
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 65
    ^ You have FIVE local Lego stores?! 
    Depends on what one means by 'local'. Here in the Chicagoland area we have 5, plus a LDC in the area, but it would be a painful drive to go to all of them in one day.

"Local" means I can drive to it within an hour.  I think the "Check Store Stock" option on Lego.com only lets you search within 60 miles.  There are five stores within that radius for me.  There's a few areas in the US that have a high concentration of Lego stores. Boston/Providence, NYC, DC, Chicago, LA, SF...  Yes, we're lucky!  :)
    Astrobricks560HeliportKungFuKennyjmeninno
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 55
    edited March 29
    Out of boredom, I checked Google Maps, and it would take 3 hr 13 min to drive to all 6 of our regional LEGO stores and back home. 3hr 47m if you add a detour to Brickmania.
    560Heliportgmonkey76
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,247
    edited March 29
    ...And I was grateful just to have one LEGO store within an hour of me...

I do however have the flagship store and headquarters of Bricks & Minifigs only about 20 minutes away.
    KungFuKennyOubird
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 65
    edited March 29
    Out of boredom, I checked Google Maps, and it would take 3 hr 13 min to drive to all 6 of our regional LEGO stores and back home. 3hr 47m if you add a detour to Brickmania.
    You could visit all 5 in the Boston/Providence area (and return to the first one for a complete loop) in 3 hours, 3 minutes (give or take depending on traffic...but add a bunch of time for parking and walking into the malls).

In the Bay Area, it would take 5 hours, 3 minutes to do a loop (again, depending on traffic) to visit all 4 around the Bay and then head up to Sacramento before returning to the starting store.  Take out Sacramento and just do the 4 around the Bay and it's 2 hours and 15 minutes.  Do the loop clockwise and pay no bridge tolls.

I was just thinking...  Between the 4 in Massachusetts (I've never been to the Providence store) and the 5 in the SF Bay Area, plus Mall of America (20+ years ago), and both Disney park locations, I've been to 12 different Lego brand stores.  I don't think I'm forgetting any.  I've been to some cities with stores (like Providence and Toronto), but haven't actually been inside the stores there.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 217
    Of course none of these count any of the time it takes to drool over stuff IN the store!
    560HeliportCymbelineYellowcastlegmonkey76BumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 326
    I've only been to one on Long Island, NY, both Disney locations & the two Metro Denver area ones.  The last two are closest to me now but hour & a half one way to the closest one, 30-45 minutes between the two and then about 1 hour & 45 minutes back home from the furthest one so about 4 hours round trip not counting shopping time.  Definitely requires a day trip with multiple shopping stops & a meal or two.  It's been over a year since my visit to the Disneyland locaction and longer since the Denver area ones.  All my purchases over the past year have been online or the local Targets & Walmarts and my first covid era trip to local Bricks & Minifigs was about 2 weeks ago wearing mask & gloves.
    KungFuKenny
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 594
    I have the opposite situation, my closest Lego stores are 6+  hours in one direction or 8+ hours in the other, that being said, I've visited 6 diff stores since December. not too bad, lol.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 514
    DFW has two stores and an LDC.  I tend to avoid the LDC because you don't get VIP points, but they do give a small discount to VIP card holders.  If I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else, I'll check the LDC.
    KungFuKenny
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,097
    I’ve been to our local store, Rockefeller Center, and the Chicago Water Tower store, along with others in DFW, Houston, Seattle, and the West Coast.  My favorites by far though are Les Halles in Paris and Leicester Square in London...here’s a pic of the 2 story Elizabeth Tower/Big Ben model in London from our last pre-Covid trip ...

Looks like @Paperballpark may have to scale up his Palace of Westminster MOC again... :P
    gmonkey76560HeliportKungFuKennyRonyar
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,030
    Not a chance!
    gmonkey76FizyxKungFuKennyOubirddavetheoxygenman
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,716
    [email protected] down in the U.S.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 537
    Seems to be back up.  I was even able to add the Space Shuttle to my cart, though I'm not pulling the trigger on it w/o the extra VIP offer.  However, I do see that #40355 was automatically added to my cart along with the ongoing #40449.
    Website is very glitchy for me.  Nothing new I'm really interested in right now but every time I try to view anything I get 404 error.  I threw something in my cart to see what GWP's would get added but now I can't view my cart to see what was actually added since the promos aren't showing on the offer page for me.
    edited April 1
    karrit said:
    Website is very glitchy for me.  Nothing new I'm really interested in right now but every time I try to view anything I get 404 error.  I threw something in my cart to see what GWP's would get added but now I can't view my cart to see what was actually added since the promos aren't showing on the offer page for me.
    Space Rocket Ride #40335 and Easter Bunny's Carrot House #40449.
    Ronyar
    The queue is actually functioning now, so it might be back up for real now.  I was able to get through all the glitches, but had the order confirmation page glitch out enough time I won't be surprised if I have to call customer service and cancel 4-5 extra orders in the morning -.-
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,026
    edited April 1
    I added the shuttle but nothing appeared in the cart as a GWP. Not sure if that is normal or if the site is acting up
    Marshallmario
    I added the shuttle but nothing appeared in the cart as a GWP. Not sure if that is normal or if the site is acting up
    Hmm, I just refreshed my cart page and both GWPs are still showing up.  No telling what would happen if I actually proceeded to check out, though...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,046
    Same here.
    Marshallmario
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,046
    Went ahead and ordered one despite the lack of GWPs. I wanted at least one right away since I need one as a gift. No glitches with the web site.
    Took a while but was able to order the shuttle and coin last night, no GWP.
    strange. I placed an order  yesterday and got no gwp either.
    MarshallmarioKungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,831
    Yeah, I briefly toyed with the idea of getting the shuttle when I saw that some got the Carrot House and the Space Rocket ride added as promos- when I saw they weren’t added for me I emptied my cart.  I’ll just wait a few months until double VIP or some other promo becomes available...
    panchox1SeijiAmasawaMarshallmarioReesesPiecesgmonkey76Oubird
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 121
    Was going to order Winnie the Pooh House today so I could get the Carrot House. It didn’t show up in my cart either so I’m going to wait. :(
    KungFuKenny
    When I finally was able to see my cart last night the only freebie that showed was the Vidiyo sticker sheet.  If the Bunny Carrot House had shown up I might actually have bought something but at least I already have one of those.  Tried adding several different items with different prices.  Looked like multiple items were adding to cart each time but then the cart would only show the set I had added if I went to check out.  Looks like I will be saving toward June releases since there are no good GWP's this month.  Doubt I'll bother with May the 4th since the only SW set I  want is Trouble on Tatooine.
    KungFuKenny
    Yup, every time I put something new in my cart, it shows Qty 3.  When I actually go into the cart it just has the one thing. :o(. I bought the shuttle to execute my free coin order.  How stupid am I?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,026
    Yup, every time I put something new in my cart, it shows Qty 3.  When I actually go into the cart it just has the one thing. :o(. I bought the shuttle to execute my free coin order.  How stupid am I?

Yeah same here..weird, not surprising though knowing LEGO's site.
    gmonkey76Onebricktoomany
    Elf Clubhouse back, Pooh now flushed.
    jmeninnoKungFuKennygmonkey76Onebricktoomany
    Roses are back in. Tulips were too but I missed those. :-(
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomany
    I got the notification about the Tulips last night but didn't have the time to try to put together an order.  Figured they would go fast.  I'll hold out for the rumored upcoming Double points promo this weekend & see what I can get if it happens.
    oh! didn't know about that. shoot. Not sure I can justify another order so soon. well, I mean I could but, ya know....
    Someone posted it on that insta leaks place so I don't know if it's true or just wishful thinking and now I can't even get the page to load everything to verify the dates posted.  I thought they said it starts 4/10.
    Finally found the post again & it claims double VIP points 4/12-4/20 but I can't find anything anywhere else that corroborates it yet.
    KungFuKennyMarshallmariopanchox1
    Double Points is live now.  Valid 4/12-4/20 online & in store or by phone
    Bumblepants560HeliportFizyxMarshallmarioAstrobrickspanchox1madforLEGOLegoEveryoneOnebricktoomany
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    Assembly Square is available on backorder if you still need one.
    madforLEGOOnebricktoomany
    well, I guess I should go see what's available......
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    looks like my double vip point where not added to purchase guss i have to contact lego
    edited April 14
    dragon114 said:
    looks like my double vip point where not added to purchase guss i have to contact lego
    If it was an online purchase, the points are not added until the order actually ships...(in-store points are added immediately)

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/online-help/lego-vip/earning-and-spending-lego-vip-points-408100000008260
    Astrobricks
    I also had an issue on a purchase the other day where in the cart, only single points were showing.  However, once the order actually went through double points WERE applied, and I (thankfully) did not need to contact CS about it.  So @dragon114 I would definitely check (if the order has shipped) your VIP history for how many points were ACTUALLY added, vs. the totals it shows in the cart, because the cart is definitely wrong sometimes.
    KungFuKenny
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 732
    So maybe I've missed something...is LEGO points still 1 per $1 spent?  I purchased the TIE Fighter helmet in mid-March to get the Easter Bunny House and I received 340pts.  It has done this for months.  Thanks!
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 55
    scotty12 said:
    So maybe I've missed something...is LEGO points still 1 per $1 spent?  I purchased the TIE Fighter helmet in mid-March to get the Easter Bunny House and I received 340pts.  It has done this for months.  Thanks!
    They're ~6.5 points per dollar now
    Yo_dA
    scotty12 said:
    They're ~6.5 points per dollar now

Also important to note is that conversion carries back over the other way for the VIP vouchers as well, so a 20$ voucher now will cost the same amount in raw dollars spent as 20$ of points redeemed the old way. 
    edited April 15
    They changed the system In order to confuse/obfuscate the process so that our minds can’t immediately convert back to dollars spent and/or out us with our spouses.
    BumblepantspxchrisMarshallmariogmonkey76
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 732
    Ugh!! Darn spouses always keeping a check on things!  It's not like I'm trying to go 30trillion in debt like the U.S. government or anything.
    1265gmonkey76oldtodd33Oubird
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,528
    Fizyx said:
    I also had an issue on a purchase the other day where in the cart, only single points were showing.  However, once the order actually went through double points WERE applied, and I (thankfully) did not need to contact CS about it.  So @dragon114 I would definitely check (if the order has shipped) your VIP history for how many points were ACTUALLY added, vs. the totals it shows in the cart, because the cart is definitely wrong sometimes.
    I hope, I ordered a few hours after the promo went live and it showed single points. The day after it showed double points.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    i checked my order an was only single so contact customer serverice and they added them
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 329
    This is how my space looked honestly its just sloppy 
    mh3490 said:
    This is how my space looked honestly its just sloppy 
    I agree that is pretty bad...It looks like you could do a little cleanup work on it. If it was mine, I would think about using a very mild metal polish and gently cleaning the raised edges with a Q-tip to get rid of the overflow/excess paint. You could also touch up areas with dings or blemishes.  That said, it should have come from Lego in much better shape...
    Anyone know if you get double vip points on the pre orders? Looking at that HP chess set.