Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    I probably would've ordered the Crocodile locomotive if the spend threshold for the skating was $100 but there isn't anything else left remotely interesting to pad an order up to $150.
    PapaBearMynattKungFuKenny
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    Looks like a bunch of the 2021 sets are getting their catalog entries at [email protected] (listed as 'coming soon')
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,055
    They are adding in #40362 Endor micro build with $75 SW purchase currently... unfortunately they have nothing (I mean nothing!) available to buy.  I don’t want the grievous or knights of Ren ships, and all that is left are keychains and those dumb Action Battle sets they can’t seem to move (even at 30% off).  I don’t know why they have promotions available when they have no stock to sell... sigh...
    madforLEGOSeijiAmasawaAstrobricksBumblepantsgmonkey76
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 493
    They have about 6 out of 70 Star Wars sets that are in stock on their website.  Can't imagine them selling out of the promo with nothing to sell.  Hopefully the promo is still available when the new x-wing and tie fighter come out in January.
    KungFuKenny
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 551
    They are adding in #40362 Endor micro build with $75 SW purchase currently... unfortunately they have nothing (I mean nothing!) available to buy.  I don’t want the grievous or knights of Ren ships, and all that is left are keychains and those dumb Action Battle sets they can’t seem to move (even at 30% off).  I don’t know why they have promotions available when they have no stock to sell... sigh...
    That's probably the point!  To get rid of all that Bantha poodoo...
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,306
    Just received a shipping notification that my Elf Club House I purchased back in November has finally shipped! This is well before the December 17th ship anticipated ship date they previously sent. 

Super excited about the reality of getting the set well before Christmas now!
    PapaBearKungFuKennyMooreFXCymbelineevantylergmonkey76mic27
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,494
    Just received a shipping notification that my Elf Club House I purchased back in November has finally shipped! This is well before the December 17th ship anticipated ship date they previously sent. 

Super excited about the reality of getting the set well before Christmas now!
    Careful. It’s not reality quite yet :)
    Switchfoot55Cymbelinegmonkey76mic27
    Based on the growing aftermarket for that set, I wouldn't be surprised if the delivery driver swiped it and sold it for some fast cash. 
    gmonkey76
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 99
    What have been you experiences with crushed [email protected] packages? I got home yesterday to a badly damaged outer box held together by tape. Inside, a big set box was crushed and thorn and a smaller one was just crumpled. What should I expect from LEGO if I call CS to complain?

FizyxPapaBear
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 258
    edited December 2020
    I have had one box come crushed from LEGO.com. It was a gift, so I let customer service know. They sent me a perfect replacement and paid for the return of the damaged set. If you aren't happy with what you received, then you should contact them.
    Astrobricksrd1899FizyxmadforLEGOKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,133
    I would send them pictures of the boxes too.  I think it looks like it likely happened in transit, and someone tried to patch it up... I imagine that LEGO wouldn't be too happy to see something like this happening to their packages, especially when they are being delivered to the customer.  The slightly crushed box is one thing, it happens and could have happened just from stuff shifting during shipping.  But the ripped open and basically destroyed box for the #71722 is abysmal.   Based on my LEGO CS experience, they will likely be happy to replace the sets at the very least, and I would bet they will have some words for the shipper.
    madforLEGOKungFuKennygmonkey76
    LEGO CS is pretty good about replacing, though it looks to be more the fault of the shipper.
  • JRBricksJRBricks HoustonMember Posts: 40
    edited December 2020
    Was this shipped by FedEx? When FedEx used to only deliver to a physical address my packages were almost always beat up. Now they send to USPS if you have a PO Box. Since then I’ve had zero damaged packages. 
    Ah just saw you’re in Canada. Does Lego ship FedEx to Canada?
    JRBricks said:
    Was this shipped by FedEx? When FedEx used to only deliver to a physical address my packages were almost always beat up. Now they send to USPS if you have a PO Box. Since then I’ve had zero damaged packages. 
    Ah just saw you’re in Canada. Does Lego ship FedEx to Canada?
    If the yellow shipping label on his box is any indication, then yes.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 551
    All of my last few [email protected] purchases have come crushed to varying extents but nothing as bad as the pic above.  They've all contained large sets so that certainly stacks the odds against them.  In one of my more recent orders, I requested replacements that also required replacements and the process was via e-mail.  It took a loooooong time to resolve due to the holiday season.  In the end, I had to accept a top-to-bottom crease at the front of the box because, 1). I was tired of dealing with this situation and, 2). the item ended up selling out, so no more replacements via shipping even if I wanted to drag this out.

What does suck is that some of these large sets come from the factory in overboxes, if Amazon is any indication.  I don't recall ever getting one shipped that way from [email protected] (maybe my original Saturn V did, but it's been so long and it's not with me at the moment...) but they'd prevent a lot of heartache if they shipped a set in its overbox if it comes with one and then packed that whole thing in a shipping box.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 99
    Yup, it is always FedEx here. They usually leave by the door, but every now and then the tracking shows "business closed" (it's neither a business nor closed) and I have to drive two cities over to pick it up at their depot because they say the sender doesn't allow them to retry delivery.
    Astrobricks
    Just in time for Christmas! I see that the #854049 Pumpkin and Bat Duo are back in stock at [email protected]
    Why not. Most of us are living the Nightmare Before Christmas anyway :-/
    KungFuKenny560HeliportCymbelinegmonkey76autolycusBumblepantsmic27
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 670
    Man, there is nothing in stock. Guess those ice rinks will show up for sale or for VIP points pretty soon. Can't buy anything to get one. 
    madforLEGOgmonkey76MooreFXSwitchfoot55
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 868
    They will probably hold all the extra ice rinks for Christmas in July (or is it June?) next year. What they don’t dump then, they’ll sell for VIP points maybe next fall.
    bpk2300
    Maybe as a Christmas on Hoth GWP for May the Fourth ;-)
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    I can't believe how picked over Lego Shop at Home is right now.  I just tried to find gifts for my niece and found nothing. I knew it was bad, but man did it get worse.  I added $150 worth of stuff only to find out it looks like the ice rink promo is gone. 
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    No idea how the Ice rink is gone, they didn't have anything to make the $150 threshold. I thought they'd be sitting on a ton of them.
    ReesesPiecesjmeninnoRonyar
    I feel pretty confident the closed out the Ice Rink promo just to get it off the calendar, but that we'll seem them surface again in the future. Likely a July GWP. At least, that's what I hope. 

Found a guy locally who has one listed for a reasonable price. I may just pull the trigger with him and seal the deal. 
    madforLEGO
    edited December 2020
    Ice Rink is still showing for me when I add enough to get >$150. (e.g. Hogwarts Astronomy Tower and 4 Privet Drive). It shows up in my cart, and it's still in the promo banner at the top. My cart also shows the free holiday gift wrap.

Edit: @monstblitz , If you placed an order and it didn't show up, I would reach out to customer service about it.
    PapaBearmonstblitzKungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    My bad guys, I was looking at after tax amount - not pre-tax, hence the promo not showing up.  Looks like it's still live.
    AstrobricksPapaBear
  • JasoMacJasoMac Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone think they are likely to restock anything before the end of the year?
    JasoMac said:
    Does anyone think they are likely to restock anything before the end of the year?
    Some items have come back into stock and then are gone again. With most Christmas delivery limits reached you may start to see stocks appear after this weekend

Fizyx
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    edited December 2020
    Nebulon B in stock

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nebulon-b-frigate-77904

Edit: maybe. Waiting for new stock?

Edit 2: seems to go in and out of stock
    sklamb
    Says out of stock for me. 
    Yup, Lego’s web site running smooth as silk like usual.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76sklamb
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    Specifically says Sold Out for me. Sigh. Back to finding piecesparts on Bricklink!
    Astrobricks
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,055
    For those who missed it, The Monster Book of Monsters GWP looks to be a promo in January...
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-harry-potter-the-monster-book-of-monsters-30628-confirmed-for-january-2021-gwp-release/
    madforLEGO
    For those who missed it, The Monster Book of Monsters GWP looks to be a promo in January...
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-harry-potter-the-monster-book-of-monsters-30628-confirmed-for-january-2021-gwp-release/

That will only be good if LEGO actually has any sets in stock :-)
    AstrobrickskarritKungFuKennyFizyxsklambgmonkey76pxchrisRonyarNateMN2020
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    Rather like everyone's problem getting the Ice Skating GWP! (I know, saying the obvious--but the only thing on my Wish List I can actually buy at the moment is Extra Dots 2, which isn't going to get me any GWP at all!)
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 122
    A gift with purchase isn't much of a promo when there is next to nothing left to purchase!  I'm really surprised and disappointed at seeing so many sets listed as out of stock.  It here was even the option to buy them on backorder it wouldn't be so bad.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 792
    Is the prevailing wisdom that things will be re-stocked Jan. 1? Or will they just have the January releases?
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 416
    A few things might be re-stocked but most likely it will just be the January releases.
    PapaBeargmonkey76Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    karrit said:
    A few things might be re-stocked but most likely it will just be the January releases.
    And then sold out again until April.
    gmonkey76flordjmeninno560Heliport
    karrit said:
    And then sold out again until April.
    Well, once the holiday season is over, it shouldn’t be so bad - once the backlog is satisfied that is :)
    560Heliport
    They had really gotten a handle on (most of) the stock issues around October. Then the holiday season kicked in and annihilated supply. Surely stock should start to improve again in January-February. I sure hope it does, with the expected classic car GWP...
    560Heliport
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,567
    edited December 2020
    I don't know about [email protected], but in-store, I was at the Mall of America store last night, and they had restocked a number of sets that weren't there the last time I was there [which was Sunday :)]. 
    #75318, #75979, #75284, others.
    I'd guess that at least some stuff will be back in stock quickly online.
    Astrobricks
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 899
    [email protected] is working greaaaat.
    canon03FizyxKungFuKennygmonkey76sklambmustang69
    Yeah, I guess I should not be surprised. I was trying to submit my order when the site took a giant #$#$
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,133
    Lucky.  I haven't even been able to get anything in my cart yet -.-
    sklamb
    I managed to get an order through, but I saw my browser decide to prompt me that it would not allow the fingerprint (whatever firefox was reporting) once it was verifying my Visa credit card, so I'm hoping the order went through and does not get cancelled.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 415
    I was able to add to my cart but couldn't get past payment now my cart is empty again, sigh!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    edited January 1
    If it shows your cart as 'empty', just refresh the cart page until it appears again or if you just go to add to cart again you'll have an extra in the cart, and then you will need to fight to get it back to the number you wanted

• NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 258
    Mine keeps saying I owe $0.00 and won’t let me place the order.
    KungFuKenny
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 899
    edited January 1
    Most of the items I'm trying to add still state "Coming Soon on January 1, 2021"...

Grrrrrrrr........
    gmonkey76