Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,647
    edited May 1
    I have noticed that LEGO CS does not always put up a notice when their CS line is closed for the day.
    My guess it may be due to that or that now that BnP is open online people are now all calling to place orders (though from what my brother said that CS was available for you to place BnP orders through even though the electronic method was suspended)
    flightriskMooreFX
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 294
    I’m laughing at all the “deals” we got today. I have 42 items in my [email protected] wishlist right now. That includes a white baseplate, 2 keychains, and 7 sets that are not released or available for preorder plus the Razor Crest. So let’s call it 31 sets. Of those, just 8 are actually in stock. 9 are backorder. 13 are “Temporarily out of stock”. 1 says “sold out”. That incredible!

also, what does sold out mean? It’s the y-wing microfighter. Is that one probably gone for good already?
    KingAlanI
  • super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 75
    When did lego change the vip points system? 

autolycus said:
    I’m laughing at all the “deals” we got today. I have 42 items in my [email protected] wishlist right now. That includes a white baseplate, 2 keychains, and 7 sets that are not released or available for preorder plus the Razor Crest. So let’s call it 31 sets. Of those, just 8 are actually in stock. 9 are backorder. 13 are “Temporarily out of stock”. 1 says “sold out”. That incredible!

also, what does sold out mean? It’s the y-wing microfighter. Is that one probably gone for good already?
    LEGO has not been producing much LEGO since the Covid-19. I think it can easily be said that the shortages of sets is due to this.

flightrisk
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,007
    #5005878 buildable Mothers Day card (with any $40 order through May 10th) looks fun

#40407 the SW promo doesn't strike my personal fancy and I've had mixed results flipping promo items before, but it remaining in my cart well after midnight gave me more time to think. Theme specific promos have been difficult to find stuff for me before. But I felt better taking a quick look.

I decided to pull the trigger on #75244 Tantive IV. (maybe because it reminds me of #10019, one of the sets I missed as a kid, like how I got one of the modern midsized X-Wings because I never got the one that was out when I was a KFOL)

The only Sales and Deals item that interests me is #40198 but the last thing I need is more to part out on BrickLink.

Other sets on my wantlist I probably could find on regular store sales eventually

flightrisk

autolycus said:

LEGO has not been producing much LEGO since the Covid-19. I think it can easily be said that the shortages of sets is due to this.

Of course. There's also obviously a huge surge in orders being placed. I'm not upset about it. A little disappointed that there weren't better deals on some of the SW sets.

I will start to be much more than a little disappointed if a few sets end up having been effectively retired 8-9 months sooner than normal, and without ever having been on sale at all. I know sales on certain types of sets aren't common, but they were always fairly predictable. Retiring Modulars, Creator Expert, and Star Wars sets have usually been on sale at Black Friday or May 4 (SW only, clearly).
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 98
    The next "big" sale will probably be "Christmas in July". With all the current back order and out of stock sets I don't expect there will really be much to choose from.  Plus they'll probably recycle one of last year's holiday promos again.
    autolycus
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,876
    Pyrobug
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 421
    I don't think there will be another sale until the end of the year holiday sales.  I didn't expect much this May because of the reduced capacity from COVID-19.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    Everything seems to be sold out. The only thing on my want list that's not is the Harley. Never seen them have stock this low.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,013
    leetshoe said:
    Everything seems to be sold out. The only thing on my want list that's not is the Harley. Never seen them have stock this low.
    Yeah, it's pretty sad lately. For want of something interesting to build, I'd picked up #75948  (I'm blaming you @snowhitie ). Deciding I might as well grab the other sets for the Hogwarts moduar build, I was a bit shocked to find them OOS on [email protected], Amazon, and TRU. [email protected] has a projected two month backorder for them.
    I'm assuming transport logistics in this environmet has more to do with it than production issues. I don't imagine Lego has depleted their reserves of these basic sets. Stores might have sold their on hand stock, but I'd imagine Lego has piles of these in a warehouse somewhere. 
    snowhitie
    klinton said:
    leetshoe said:
    Yeah, it's pretty sad lately. For want of something interesting to build, I'd picked up #75948  (I'm blaming you @snowhitie ). Deciding I might as well grab the other sets for the Hogwarts moduar build, I was a bit shocked to find them OOS on [email protected], Amazon, and TRU. [email protected] has a projected two month backorder for them. 
    FWIW, I have usually found their backorder timelines to be very conservative. I have always gotten the set before the projected time, and sometimes significantly (weeks) earlier.

With that said, however, I placed an order on Monday and another one on Tuesday. The Monday order had 1 backorder item, 1 in stock purchase item, and multiple freebies (May 4, Mini Droid Commander, Mother's Day Card, and a trolls polybag that I wasn't expecting). The order Tuesday had 1 in stock item (Hogwarts Great Hall that _just_ came back in stock Tuesday morning, briefly) and the Mother's Day Card. Across both orders, everything that is in stock is listed as "In Warehouse" still. They clearly have a big backlog from the weekend orders.

And I know it's mostly from large # of orders over the weekend because the order I placed last Friday already got to me on Tuesday.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,945
    klinton said:
    Yeah, it's pretty sad lately. For want of something interesting to build, I'd picked up #75948  (I'm blaming you @snowhitie ).

:) Sorry? Was really wondering why someone was mentioning me in this thread! I am sure you won't mind after it arrives, enjoy! Can't wait for home schooling to be over to get a bit more into Lego myself!
    klinton
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    I had a problem with an order and placed a call today after waiting 4 days for a response to my email...the Lego rep said the Mexico factory/distribution center was shut down, which is why they are out of stock on so many items.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    I am trying to place an order but I keep getting server errors. And the kind of errors that aren't caught and display an "oops" message, just generic server errors. ...

Well was just now able to place an order. I used my promo code for the droids thing but it didn't appear on the order.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 919
    leetshoe said:

Well was just now able to place an order. I used my promo code for the droids thing but it didn't appear on the order.
    When I placed my order with the droids code, it accepted the code bu the item did not show up on the order  confirmation either.  But don't worry, I just received my shipment and the droids poly is in there.
    madforLEGOKungFuKennygmonkey76
    Random question: If I place an order for an item on backorder and then my local Lego Store reopens before it ships, will they allow me to cancel the order? Or will I have to go througb the process of waiting for it to ship and then returning it? I can't see anything about cancelation of backorders on the site. Has anyone had experience with this?
    My May the 4th order says waiting for new stock.
    I ordered something on backorder which I'm not used to doing even during normal times.
    the promos are still in process, do non-backorder items ship separately or do they wait to have everything?
    edited May 30
    KingAlanI said:
    My May the 4th order says waiting for new stock.
    I ordered something on backorder which I'm not used to doing even during normal times.
    the promos are still in process, do non-backorder items ship separately or do they wait to have everything?
    They ship them item by item as they come in stock. Each item will change from 'waiting for new stock' to 'backorder' to 'warehouse' to 'shipped' before you get it. The whole process is fully tedious right now.
    KingAlanI
    Yep, I've passed the 2 moth mark of waiting for my originally back ordered Disney Castle.  It has been waiting new stock for most of the time.  Originally was supposed to be a couple of weeks & then went to early May, then within 60 days before changing to waiting for stock all withing about a weeks time. 
    KingAlanI
    [email protected] has both the Dune buggy promo and hot rod promo available with purchase.
    PyrobugOnebricktoomanypxchrispanchox1
    I had used PayPal, the pending authorization no longer shows up in my PayPal account. I sent a contact form to LEGO customer service asking what to do about this
    KingAlanI said:
    I had used PayPal, the pending authorization no longer shows up in my PayPal account. I sent a contact form to LEGO customer service asking what to do about this
    They'll just do the usual authorization, then charge when it ships for each item. The initial authorization from your original order will have long since expired. Didn't you get an email explaining this when you ordered (and once a week, every week, until the items in question ship)? It also provides updates on estimates for expected ship dates.
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 356
    putting together an order but the GWP promo is not being added to my bag. Are they out already?
    panchox1 said:
    putting together an order but the GWP promo is not being added to my bag. Are they out already?
    I just added something to my cart just now and the hot rod showed up correctly.
    madforLEGO
    edited June 4
    Anyone else seeing a lot of cancelled orders? I had both cancelled when I added the code for the mini droid commander set (and of course the codes do not work anymore), and then I had another other cancelled when I bought something this past weekend. I know with the paypal orders the payment takes so long sometimes that the transaction cannot proceed but I used a credit card and had an order cancelled (and of course no explanation for any of the cancellations)
    Thebrickfan.com is noting polys are available, including disco and tears of a clown batman poly
    mak0137
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 919
    panchox1 said:
    When I placed an order last night, the GWP didn't show up when I used the polys to go get right over the GWP $ cap.  When I met the cap with other items (had the polys along with it), the GWP showed up.  In other words, the polys might not be counted on making the $ cap for the GWP if that is the case for you.
    KungFuKenny
    I do not think the polys are contributing to the GWP amount.
    KungFuKenny
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 356
    edited June 5
    yup! I am trying to order polybags and BaP. thanks for the tip!
    klinton said:
    KingAlanI said:
    They'll just do the usual authorization, then charge when it ships for each item. The initial authorization from your original order will have long since expired. Didn't you get an email explaining this when you ordered (and once a week, every week, until the items in question ship)? It also provides updates on estimates for expected ship dates.
    nope, no recurring emails, just one when I ordered and nothing about the authorization expiring

KingAlanI said:
    nope, no recurring emails, just one when I ordered and nothing about the authorization expiring

I've recieved one of these every Monday since I placed the order. It's just a stock form letter followed by a list of the items yet to ship with updates on their expected ship date. The dates seem to fluctuate a bit, with different projections every week. The longest one out, estimated at 60 days following my initial order, was actually the first to arrive. This past Monday it offered the same expected date on two of the items, but then one of them was in the warehouse the next day.

Dear Clinton,
    Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship the out of stock item(s) to you.
    If you made your payment via credit card, please note that while we will authorize your card shortly, it will not be charged until we ship the out of stock item(s). You will receive a separate email notification at that time.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. If you’re worried your order will not arrive in time and you wish to change or cancel the item(s) below, please contact us at 877-518-5346.
    Best regards,
    The LEGO Customer Service Team

KingAlanI
    Last update I got for the Disney Castle I ordered on 3/28 was on 4/6 stating it would ship by 5/31.  It's been radio silence on that order since then.  Obviously 5/31 has come & gone with no update other than the generic e-mails they've been sending occasionally regarding supply chain, closed factory, we'll send your item as soon as we can, yada yada.  Status shows waiting new stock.
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 402
    I placed a Pick a Brick order last week and qualified for the Hot Rod and the Beach Buggy.  Already received the promos and waiting on the pick a brick.
    Bumblepants
    klinton said:
    KingAlanI said:

I've recieved one of these every Monday since I placed the order. It's just a stock form letter followed by a list of the items yet to ship with updates on their expected ship date. The dates seem to fluctuate a bit, with different projections every week. The longest one out, estimated at 60 days following my initial order, was actually the first to arrive. This past Monday it offered the same expected date on two of the items, but then one of them was in the warehouse the next day.

Dear Clinton,
    Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship the out of stock item(s) to you.
    If you made your payment via credit card, please note that while we will authorize your card shortly, it will not be charged until we ship the out of stock item(s). You will receive a separate email notification at that time.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. If you’re worried your order will not arrive in time and you wish to change or cancel the item(s) below, please contact us at 877-518-5346.
    Best regards,
    The LEGO Customer Service Team

I got an email like that only once
    Fizyx
    Finally got an update on my Disney Castle.  They now say it will ship by 6/25.  We'll see.
    I got my first update on my 20th Anniversary Slave 1 order from May 3 yesterday. It says it will ship by June 25. It initially said it would ship within 60 days, so that’s still right on time for mine. If it slips any further, they will miss their original timeline though. Hoping it doesn’t happen, but won’t be surprised or too upset if it does. Thankfully it’s a set I didn’t really need, and certainly not for a gift or anything.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    The diner I ordered in early April arrived yesterday so product is definitely starting to come through the supply chain. Only a matter of time until the backorders get filled. 
    autolycus said:
    I got my first update on my 20th Anniversary Slave 1 order from May 3 yesterday. It says it will ship by June 25. It initially said it would ship within 60 days, so that’s still right on time for mine. If it slips any further, they will miss their original timeline though. Hoping it doesn’t happen, but won’t be surprised or too upset if it does. Thankfully it’s a set I didn’t really need, and certainly not for a gift or anything.

I was somewhat annoyed that the Mothers Day promo didn't ship time

got a reply from TLG CS that sounds like I don't need to reauthorize the payment, I just need to keep waiting

not particularly interested in the hot rod
    edited June 13

KingAlanI said:
    got a reply from TLG CS that sounds like I don't need to reauthorize the payment, I just need to keep waiting
    Nope. That's what the 'processing' phase of the order is. They run the authorization, then pack your order, then charge it when it ships. You don't need to worry about it at all. It's all automatic.
    I did speak to CS last day. The girl I reached was amazing (as always). I was canceling an item on the order that I happened to find in a shoppe. She apologized for the delays and gave me the VIP points I would have earned had I purchased it from them. She did mention that they are on track to completely fill their current backorders by early July. So, it shouldn't be too long of a wait anymore. :)
    KingAlanI
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 131
    klinton said:

they are on track to completely fill their current backorders by early July.

Good to hear - thanks.  Will plan accordingly and hope.  
    My Disney Castle has been shipped, at least the label is printed & Fedex is awaiting the item.  Estimated delivery is currently by 6/18 which unfortunately will miss my birthday by 2 days.
    karrit said:
    My Disney Castle has been shipped, at least the label is printed & Fedex is awaiting the item.  Estimated delivery is currently by 6/18 which unfortunately will miss my birthday by 2 days.
    Yeah, looks like my 20th Anniversary Slave 1 is maybe a day or two behind your castle. Had a new CC authorization and the order is now showing “In Warehouse”. No shipping info yet.
    Looks like LEGO is messing around with their BnP section again.
    Got notified that Fedex has picked up my Disney Castle so It's finally on it's way still estimated for delivery by 6/18.
  • MalkanMalkan COMember Posts: 42
    Just got the Barracuda Bay that I ordered over 2 months ago.  I heard that they're slapping US stickers onto European boxes and that's what this looks like.  Guess they're doing that to help fill all the backorders they have over here.
    KingAlanI
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 198
    Is anyone else having trouble completing a BaP order. I can add the pieces to my bag but cannot complete the order. The elements stay in my bag so at least I don't have to start all over again - yet.
    Yep, that is what I am seeing too, added a bunch of stuff into my BnP order, but could not add it to my cart.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,558
    Placed a BnP order on June 4th and got a notice it shipped today. Definitely faster than my last order that I had to call customer service on as it sat in warehouse for over a month, and they sent a replacement order.
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 402
    I ordered from PaB on May 31 and it shipped June 9.  Hasn't arrived yet but should be close.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 330
    Ideas tree house #21318 back in stock at US [email protected]  Been waiting for this one to have availability for a while.