Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    madejp86 said:
    is the fountain really worth it?
    I think the fountain set oddly enough was meant to pair with the Brick Bank, just as last year's Flower Cart was with DO. I say that only b/c of the included plain faced figure. I wanted it for that reason alone really. It also has the added benefit of going with the new City Park set which was also a plus for me. 

I agree with @madforLEGO - It was a good enough promo to warrant an exclusive purchase for me (Brick Bank).  The only other sets I want right now are a couple of the new Creator 3in1's - I would rather wait for the eventually sale on those than pay retail for them just to get a promo.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    @erequena I came back from my Dark Ages in October last year, so I am also catching up... and making a lot of damage to my bank account in the process.

@eggshen That was one of the December 2015 promos; I doubt they will have any left by now, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Here's an image of the promo so you know what to ask for.
    http://toysnbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/December-2015-LEGO-Brand-Retail-Store-Calendar.jpg
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 532
    @JooTog thanks!
    Wow - Already recieved the order I placed on Tuesday. Pretty fast turn around considering Brick Bank was on back order. I ordered a Mixel and the Modular which also netted the Fountain. In true [email protected] fashion, the fountain and the Mixel were placed under the Modular. -_-  Fountain was crushed. 
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    Weird Lego ship all 3 item I order separate and the fountain with the keychain
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Is there no packing material in your packages when you open them?
    Dedgecko said:
    I fell all 3 of them will have lots of air
    Dedgecko said:
    Nope. 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    CircleK said:
    Wow - Already recieved the order I placed on Tuesday. Pretty fast turn around considering Brick Bank was on back order. I ordered a Mixel and the Modular which also netted the Fountain. In true [email protected] fashion, the fountain and the Mixel were placed under the Modular. -_-  Fountain was crushed. 
    I'm not surprised.

It's almost like an assembly line of packing goes on in their shipping warehouse.
    Minimal consideration for the items shifting around during shipping.
    And you're pretty much screwed if you have a heavy box mixed with smaller boxes: expect crushes or dents.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    Not too sure it really matters if the items are on top or bottom, the box is flipped in shipping many times anyway.

BTW, is Lego [email protected] still shipping in those lock flap bottom boxes?
    77ncaachamps
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 176
    ^ Last few I have ordered, if a larger set, have had them.
    edited June 2016
    If so, I'm thinking these are packed upside down.  The RSC flaps are taped on the bottom via a carton sealing machine, the items placed into a box, self lock pressed and closed, the box moves down the "line".    Self-lock flaps reopened, free gift, posters, what-not dropped in, inspected, re-closed, and then taped.  Flipped over and then shipped.  Dunno, but my guess.
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 212
    I've had lots of problems as of late with smaller/medium sets arriving damaged from [email protected]  They put too much packing material in there and smash down the box before they tape it, therefore smashing the top 2-3 items in the box.  My boxes have been pretty much mangled.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,876
    Got my order yesterday. It did come in one of those weird bottom flap boxes. Wedding Favor Set only box with significant damage, but I'm building that anyway. Fountain box has minor edge/corner wear. TBBT and Merlok's Library boxes look OK. Debating about whether to build Merlok's Library and Fountain. Merlok's doesn't look as futuristic as some Nexo sets so it should fit in better with traditional Castle. Maybe I'll order more and BL those. (Can I get another promo with another order?)
    "One free set per household." D'oh!
    Can't wait to get my crushed box today.
    SumoLego
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    KingAlanI said:
    "One free set per household." D'oh!
    Not necessarily.  I already have one fountain with my online order of a MINI Cooper. I have a second fountain to be delivered today with my order of discounted Speed Champions sets.  A while ago, there were stories about the freebies getting removed from multiple orders, but I have not heard of that happening recently.  As long as you don't abuse the system, there should be no problems.
    ^ And it is not tied to your VIP number either as I have gotten duplicates of promo sets by visiting different LEGO stores and [email protected] There are 3 LEGO stores within 25 miles from home :-)

I was denied once a second promo when I visited the same store a week later and the same cashier recognized me.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 89
    I've placed three orders on June 1st and received my three fountains yesterday, so no restrictions at this time. Oddly, the backordered Fun in the park set will arrive tomorrow - I wouldn't have minded if they had waited to ship everything together.
    #70324 is a good deal at $19.99 anyway, would be a great deal if I can indeed get another Fountain.

I used PayPal for my previous order, funded with balance and credit/debit card. I got hit with a foreign transaction fee on the card. This isn't an issue when paying directly with a card. I'm guessing their PayPal account is registered overseas and their credit card processor domestically.

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Fascinating.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329

I have not tried their PayPal option yet.

That should be a call to the [email protected] customer service.  There's no justification if you live in the US and you are purchasing items from the US to be hit with that type of fee.

They may not be able to reverse the fee, but maybe they'll throw a freebie your way.

pharmjodKingAlanI
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 176
    I used the Paypal option once tied to a credit/debit card and did not get hit with any conversion fees.  This was maybe two months ago.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    I would not be using Paypal if all I was doing was charging to a credit card. I only use Paypal if I find the online shop I'm using a bit dubious/unknown, if I have not shopped a lot there before, or if I have Paypal funds in my account.
    If I'm buying from LEGO and need to use a credit card I would just add the card into the system.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,062
    I have found it interesting that LEGO [email protected] has decided to allow purchases with PayPal.  Just screams reseller to me - it's almost a ploy to get resellers to use their monies with LEGO.  A sort of, reinvestment if you will.  Whatever the reason I think it was a clevery thought out plan.

As for the every day usage - I do not know when you would find value in using paypal over a normal credit card - again, unless someone gifted you funds or paid for something and you have a paypal balance?
    Mordoor
    Reason I have PayPal: eBay, Bricklink, Brickset

Where I use PayPal: eBay, Bricklink, Brickset
    Ronyardragon11477ncaachamps
    I used my PayPal balance, but needed to use a credit/debit card for the rest of it. I just placed an order directly with another card, no problems. (I got 4 more #70324 and the order includes a fountain). I sent LEGO a contact email.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    I've got to ask, what's with the love for #70324? Are there particularly rare pieces in that one?
    BuriedinBricksKingAlanI
  • erequenaerequena TXMember Posts: 52
    @pharmjod I'd like to know too, doesn't seem that great. Or is it semi- exclusive?

The sales and deals section has refreshed and they added a couple more intereting sets (and lots of bionicle)
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I liked it because it connects to the fortrex to make it bigger.  Plus maybe it's the only way to get that ghost merlock.  Plus wasn't it a target exclusive?  I don't think it was widely available.  I only have one built and connected to the fortrex but maybe that's why it's a bit popular.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Where is this ghost Merlock you're talking about?
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Actually just saw the holographic merlok comes with the fortrex and not this one, my bad
    It is a Target exclusive and given it is nexo knights, I fully expect to see these for 50% off or more at Target. That's why I was asking if there was something special about the set. Just curious.
    So all those promos being crushed by big sets (e.g. modular) due to, I guess, poor packing decisions/care on [email protected] part... well, I ordered $80 on PaB last weekend so I got the #40221 Fountain and voucher promos. As expected, they were shipped separately as the PaB is coming from Poland and the rest from within the USA.

The fountain and voucher arrived today. Here is the box they used :-S

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    Interestingly enough my last LEGO package came with the VW Camper van a bit beat up but he Promo Fountain fine.
    pharmjod said:
    I've got to ask, what's with the love for #70324? Are there particularly rare pieces in that one?
    I would say so. It has the only Ava minifig, a lot of neon orange, many tall bricks, and some other pieces worth more than a few cents. I parted out mine for $42.39 even at below average prices. I also listed my Fountain. I'd been meaning to do that anyway, thanks for the motivation on that bit of BrickLink work. Also, it's a good deal to help get Fountain, 25% off instead of 20% and decent per piece anyway.

pharmjod
    Thanks. I always forget about parting out as I don't have a bricklink store.
    KingAlanI
    pharmjod said:
    Thanks. I always forget about parting out as I don't have a bricklink store.
    There are a lot of things that you don't think about on the outside or seem obvious from the inside. Also, BrickLink sellers need at least that kind of margin for stuff that doesn't sell, has to be discounted, waiting, and actual sorting.

• exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 212
    [email protected] uses too much packing and they don't care if it crushes boxes.  I placed 4 orders for the fountain and I had warped boxes from packing in all of them. One fountain was a pancake.
    What is funny is that the box is designed to protect  & contain the bricks inside, which for the most part is a success.  Somewhere along the line in collecting we have flipped to where we need to protect the box that protects the product.  Some even put a value on the condition of the shipping box that protects the box that protect the product.

From a building standpoint, do buyers fuss over the condition of the products box?  For collectors, I'm sure they do.  Which now can be a good thing, it is harder and harder to find the perfect box, especially with the new fiber board in use

dougts
    I don't care about the box when building, since I recycle it anyway. I do care for reselling in case a customer cares. I listed a Fountain with a near mint box, if I get one with a damaged box I may build that.
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158

@KingAlanI

"25% off instead of 20%"

I must be dense today.  Can you explain this please?

@KingAlanI...I think you should try selling a slightly damaged one, too, and use that one to  sell your near mint one for more.  

@KingAlanI

"25% off instead of 20%"

I must be dense today.  Can you explain this please?

[email protected] has a lot of sets on sale for 20% off. I thought #70324 was 25% off instead, but I did the math wrong, it's marked down 20% as well.
    ryjay said:
    @KingAlanI...I think you should try selling a slightly damaged one, too, and use that one to  sell your near mint one for more.  
    For contrast? If I sell one with a damaged box, I may part it out since I lose some of the advantage of keeping it in the box. Sometimes I have new/used/varying degrees of wear of the same part.

• tfranklin84tfranklin84 Member Posts: 103
    Sorry if his was already posted, but set 60096-1: Deep Sea Operation Base
    is on sale for $79.99, not bad since it's a [email protected] exclusive and is just enough for the free fountain. 
    Got my 2nd order. Fountain in mint condition. It was put in one side of the shipping box, air packs cushioning it and separating it from the 4 70324.

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,062
    ^yeah both my fountains came in great condition -  I tend not to worry so much about box condition because at some point I always plan on opening the box.  But generally, always receive good stuff from [email protected] - maybe an exception here or there.
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    My first order had an absolutely destroyed fountain box, so i just built it.  My second order was pristine so i kept that when in the box.
    Another Brickset user is interested in one of my Fountains. He's taking the slightly more damaged box because he's building it anyway. I'll see if I can get a lot for the other, if not, I'll build it.
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    I must have gotten lucky then I had 5 serpate large box purchases and all 5 of my fountain boxes were in pristine condition.