Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,848
    jmeninno said:
    So, was there a Black Friday minifig in the US?
    No idea. Hoping that LEGO is just throwing them in boxes like the LEGO employee poly so many years ago.
    jmeninno
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 458
    edited December 2019
    jmeninno said:
    No idea. Hoping that LEGO is just throwing them in boxes like the LEGO employee poly so many years ago.
    I don't think it was in the US.  I went to a store today and asked about it specifically.  They didn't mention the minifig but said they had been out of all promos for a while.  I don't even know if they had any promos left when Black Friday started.
    jmeninno
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 249
    jmeninno said:
    The Lego store employee I talked to didn’t know anything about the minifigure
    gmonkey76jmeninno
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,599
    edited December 2019
    ^Same here. The ones I talked to said not for the US market.
    jmeninno
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    I like it when you buy something you want to keep in a nice box and Amazon sends it to you in a padded envelope. And it arrives crushed by the courier. yay.
    560HeliportFizyxtomahawker
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,528
    I actually called Lego CS yesterday since my store had no idea what I was talking about. Lego CS told me it is EU only. 
    gmonkey76jmeninno
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,423
    edited December 2019
    Gingerbread house GWP set is available, also Lego Movie 2 figures are down to 1.99 per pack
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 159
    edited December 2019
    2xVIP this weekend (starting friday)
    panchox1
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 37
    Full-size Gingerbread House also sold out. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,450
    2xVIP this weekend (starting friday)
    Why do they make it so hard to find out how long double VIP lasts? The web site shows one of those asterisks, but then there is no 
    “ * Offer valid...” text anywhere on the screen, nor even a link.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,026
    I’ve never found the SAH site particularly user friendly.  Now I just consider it another part of the LEGO puzzle and try to enjoy the hunt.  
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 622
    FYI for those hunting for the mini-batmobile, the Lego Store in Pentagon City (DC area) had them in stock as of last Sunday. 
    ReesesPiecesmadforLEGOmak0137SumoLegokiki180703
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 448
    FYI for those hunting for the mini-batmobile, the Lego Store in Pentagon City (DC area) had them in stock as of last Sunday. 
    I’ll see about driving up this weekend.
    scotty12
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 37
    @monstblitz Don't let other people know about our secret store!
    monstblitzSumoLego
    I ended up going to Potomac mills and picking up a few sets. They still had the gingerbread house.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,242
    dspigel said:
    I was interested to know how the drive was from Seoul to DC.  Probably got dicey around Greenland, given the climate change...
    560HeliportAstrobricksPyrobugCymbelinedspigelPapaBearsklambmak0137kiki180703
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,974
    I'd think the drive through North Korea would be the most... interesting.
    AstrobricksCymbelineM1J0E
    SumoLego said:
    dspigel said:
    I was interested to know how the drive was from Seoul to DC.  Probably got dicey around Greenland, given the climate change...
    For some reason I can't update my location. I've tried several times but I guess I'm stuck in Seoul forever.
    panchox1KungFuKennykiki180703
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    dspigel said:
    For some reason I can't update my location. I've tried several times but I guess I'm stuck in Seoul forever.
    I can't either! At least I'm not alone.
    dspigel
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 284
    The Easter Bunny House #853990 is now showing available on LEGO.com U.S. and Can. starting Feb 1 at 7.99 USD or 10.99 CAD.
    madforLEGOLittleLorikiki180703
    Cymbeline said:
    The Easter Bunny House #853990 is now showing available on LEGO.com U.S. and Can. starting Feb 1 at 7.99 USD or 10.99 CAD.
    Interesting- word was that it was to be a GWP promo... I wonder if the $7.99 is just a placeholder or if it will be available for sale by itself?
    @KungFuKenny It looks like it will be available for sale as it comes up under the "coming soon" heading when you click on "availability" in the new listings.
    KungFuKenny
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 809
    Three promos are live if your cart contains the threshold needed for the Rat ($80?) and also I believe $40 of Star Wars goods.  Hidden side car comes with the threshold of $45.
    BumblepantsMooreFXAstrobricksstluxPyrobugkiki180703
    edited January 25
    The GWP from Feb 07 to Feb 14 is the Friend's Chocolate Box with Flower #30411 for purchases over $35 in the February calendar. 
    PyrobugM1J0E
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,450
    jmeninno said:
    Three promos are live if your cart contains the threshold needed for the Rat ($80?) and also I believe $40 of Star Wars goods.  Hidden side car comes with the threshold of $45.
    I just added #10270 Bookshop to my bag but only see the hidden side dragster promo added. No rat.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 809
    ^I tried again yesterday with a big Star Wars set, just to see what would happen.  I.e. to see if all 3 promos were still in stock.  My guess is the Rat promo sold out.  Might have luck in store getting all 3 promos.
    The Rat promo is supposed to end tomorrow, so it's reasonable it sold out. I got the Rat and the Drag Racer yesterday in-store.
    AstrobricksMooreFX
    edited January 26
    I believe the Rat has been gone from the US SAH since sometime yesterday (?)— I got the dragster and another Obi Wan poly today
  • CathyVTCathyVT VermontMember Posts: 129
    Cymbeline said:
    No spares at all in this set. Bummer - I was hoping for a 2nd fried egg. :)
    FizyxKungFuKenny
    I saw it in the store yesterday.
    edited February 10
    The rewards page finally has another reward.  You can enter to win a 2012 SDCC Shazam minifigure.  Only 15 entries per person.  
    madejp86
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 710
    edited February 20
    Let me know if something like the following has happened to you:
    You buy LEGO sets for years from an address and then on a $417.86 portion of an order the company says that my address was incorrect and when you confront them to the fact that they have shipped you sets there they change the excuse and say the package was likely damaged and was sent back to them. Then you receive invoices for both the regular set portion and the Bricks and Pieces part and they say that is a system bug but to not expect the order at all only to be told the Brick and Pieces portion will arraive on the 21 or so and to expect my funds: 1) from 1-2 bussines days, up to 3 bussines days and then after you finally receive the funds up to 7 days. I missed on the VIP patch because while they told me I could buy the sets again the $$$ hadn't arraived and I was pissed at them so now I got VIP points, missed on the ISS patch and haven't gotten an answer if they will find my address this time with the parts order oh, both the main portion of the order and the parts and Pieces have each a gift for my parents.

Pictured above are my LEGO figures mad at a figure because part of a factory hasn't arraived yet and the only reason they haven't thrown him into an Acetone pool is because of two things: they can recycle his parts into another figure and because the funds the Empire payed have been returned.
  • HardworlderHardworlder CaliforniaMember Posts: 2
    Hello, I haven't used [email protected] before and I was wondering how the GWP works since I am interested in the upcoming Steam Engine 40370. First, is there a time they typically go live, like midnight local time? Second, I see it is for purchases over $99 in my region. I am thinking about getting another modular building, if I spend over $199 do I get two GWPs? Or do I have to make two separate purchases each over $99 to get two? I am not trying to hoard them, I just thought I might get one for me and then one as a present for my nephew. Thanks!
    edited February 26
    Hello, I haven't used [email protected] before and I was wondering how the GWP works since I am interested in the upcoming Steam Engine 40370. First, is there a time they typically go live, like midnight local time? Second, I see it is for purchases over $99 in my region. I am thinking about getting another modular building, if I spend over $199 do I get two GWPs? Or do I have to make two separate purchases each over $99 to get two? I am not trying to hoard them, I just thought I might get one for me and then one as a present for my nephew. Thanks!
    The GWP promos typically starts for the US at 12am EST. The GWP is one for any amount over 99 USD purchase(so $199 gets you one). Sometimes the actual LEGO stores may allow for two gifts for such a purchase, but most will not as the system is typically set up to scan one gift for qualifying purchases

• mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 492
    When the Disney Castle came out, I was able to make 3 separate purchases to get the GWP #40222 online.
    Rumor on The Brick Fan is that there will be double VIP points March 20-29, at least in the US.  If true that will stack with the free DOTS mini frame, the Easter egg promo, and the free Easter bunny promo...
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/
    Pyrobug
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 180
    According to the calendar, the DOTS mini frame promo ends on the 22nd, and the other two promos don't start until the 23rd, but yeah, if the two promos and the double points are live on the 23rd, then it will be the best promo offer in some time.
    Pyrobug
    Locomotive promo live, and Fiat 500 is available.
    KungFuKenny
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 497

The US site hasn't crashed yet either--in fact, it even allowed me to buy via PayPal using Internet Explorer (did me out of a Year of the Rat promo earlier because it wouldn't let my order with the ISS go through until after the Rat had sold out)!
    KungFuKennymadforLEGO
    Yeah, I had waited on the CNY Temple Fair until tonight so I could snag this promo.  I had thought about waiting a week to get the DOTS frame also, but didn’t want to miss out...
    ReesesPieces
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 947
    Yeah, I had waited on the CNY Temple Fair until tonight so I could snag this promo.  I had thought about waiting a week to get the DOTS frame also, but didn’t want to miss out...
    I was in the exact same boat.  I actually waited on the Temple Fair previously and it was temporarily sold out which made me a litte nervous about it too.
    I am surprised that the #40370 train promo has lasted this long. I guess LEGO has managed to do a number on train enthusiasts over the past ten years.
    PyrobugMooreFX
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    Star Wars visual dictionary is $8.99. Not a bad add-on if you still need the bacta suit Finn. 
    vanvonfull
  • izxizx USAMember Posts: 36
    edited March 5
    Are this year's CNY specials on [email protected] expected to go poof very soon like last year's APAC-exclusives did?  If not, can we expect to eventually see them on Amazon.com, etc.?
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 302
    edited March 20
    So, double points today - the 40th train is still a thing too. If I preorder the Star Wars helmets, when will the train ship? Will it ship asap? Does it get held back until April when the helmets are available (and if so, do they hold the stock for it?)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,548
    So, double points today - the 40th train is still a thing too. If I preorder the Star Wars helmets, when will the train ship? Will it ship asap? Does it get held back until April when the helmets are available (and if so, do they hold the stock for it?)
    Add a keychain or something currently in stock and you should get the train with that. 
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 302
    And if I didn't? :) Do they hold the train back and keep stock to ship when the rest gets sent out?