Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    The Disney CMF are back in stock.
  • DonDon San DiegoMember Posts: 63
    @TheLoneTensor The poster was on top of the Sandcrawler, and the minifig was on top of that. And a fair amount of packing material around the sides.

I am now wondering what the acceptable level of set box damage is. Nothing horrible for the Sandcrawler, but there is at least one subtle crease. (the get-the-light-to-reflect-just-right kind)
    I'm not too concerned since I intend to build it, and probably never resell it, but still.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    #21302 Big Bang Theory set is 47.99 now
    KingAlanI
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,876
    #21302 Big Bang Theory set is 47.99 now
    I've seen that sale before, which makes sense for good set but high MSRP. It was out of stock last time I went to order. I'll get #70324 (also on sale) and #40165, which I've thoguht about before, for free shipping and the fountain. The starter sets represent themes I already have plenty of. 40165 is a LEGO exclusive, so I'm not going to find it cheaper elsewhere. Wedding and Fountain might go together. There's no VIP promo right now, so it's a good chance to use my points.

Yeah, Im holding off until June 1 for sets due to the fountain promo.
    BumblepantsKingAlanI
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    ^Me too. Hoping sales stay active or new ones go live.
    KingAlanI
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    I'm also waiting for the Fountain promo. 
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    what is the fountain?  Is that the one with the statue in the middle?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    ryjay said:
    what is the fountain?  Is that the one with the statue in the middle?
    Yes.
    #40221 Fountain
    monstblitz
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,062
    Really looking forward to midnight...
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    fountain is up and free shipping on orders of $35 or more
    dragon114 said:
    35 or more? It only appeared for me if I have 75 or more in the cart
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 481
    You have to be a VIP member to get free shipping for a $35 purchase. OTOH you also need to spend $75 for the fountain set....
    dragon114 said:

sklamb said:
    You have to be a VIP member to get free shipping for a $35 purchase. OTOH you also need to spend $75 for the fountain set....
    Ahh, sorry.. read @dragon114 's comment too fast...

Too bad the $35 isn't a different month. With a promo as good as the fountain it is worth spending the $75 even if you don't want it. That will easily be $15-25 in trade or sale value. Personally, I am thrilled to get a flame yellow bike without buying a silly Friends hamster train and the fountain will look great in any City.
    bandit778KingAlanI
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    Are some of the sets getting released ahead in Europe? I don't see a lot of new listing under ninjago, marvel or Disney. 
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 781
    Are some of the sets getting released ahead in Europe? I don't see a lot of new listing under ninjago, marvel or Disney. 
    Yes, as is typical with big launches.
    Seems like people are buying the Airplane and Limo set and Fun in the park to get the promo as both are on back order.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    I'm holding up on City sets for the July promo.
    Yes, as is typical with big launches.
    Dang it.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Seems like people are buying the Airplane and Limo set and Fun in the park to get the promo as both are on back order.
    I was looking to snag the Fun in the Park, but it was on back order wary this morning. Tried my local store but no dice. 

I placed the order anyway- hoping that I receive the promo item in the first shipment. I worry that it'll be out of stock it they wait and try to ship it with the last set...
    LegoTT said:
    I was looking to snag the Fun in the Park, but it was on back order wary this morning. Tried my local store but no dice. 

I placed the order anyway- hoping that I receive the promo item in the first shipment. I worry that it'll be out of stock it they wait and try to ship it with the last set...
    Fairly certain they send out the promo in the set is on backorder
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    JooTog said:
    What's the July promo @JooTog
    LegoTT said:

Ugh, I may have to cancel the order then. 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    You can order something in stock and they'll ship it with the in-stock item.
    I'm pretty sure that's what happens.
    LegoTT said:
    LegoTT said:

Ugh, I may have to cancel the order then. 
    they send the promo out asp
    madforLEGO
  • chibhawkchibhawk USAMember Posts: 17
    @LegoTT, I've placed orders in the past that had backordered items, and whatever is in stock (including the promo) ships out together.
    I've even received a promo item by itself with the other item backordered. Give it a day first to make sure before canceling.

My order today has the items and #40221 "In Warehouse", with #60134 "Backordered".
    Cool- thanks for the feedback!  I sent an email to Lego Customer Service to see what they'll do. If all else fails, I guess I'll just ^have^ to find something else to order...ha!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    edited June 2016
    I though there was mention that now LEGO does not send anymore the promo first but will wait for the item to be back in stock.
    Just today I received my May the 4th order (Ewok Village) with the promo poly and poster packed with it.

Edit: Found original post from @cmrt1014  http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/401062/#Comment_401062
    LegoTT said:
    Cool- thanks for the feedback!  I sent an email to Lego Customer Service to see what they'll do. If all else fails, I guess I'll just ^have^ to find something else to order...ha!
    Yeah, sorry about the typo. They should send out the promo set immediately and you will get the set you order (to get the prom) whenever it comes off of backorder
    JooTog said:

@black_towr

#30350 Volcano Jackhammer with a City purchase of $35 or more. July 15-31.

I am not that interested in the Volcano Explorers theme, but since I am going to buy other City sets anyway (e.g. #60134 Fun in the Park), might as well get the free set.
    black_towr
    LegoTT said:
    Yeah, sorry about the typo. They should send out the promo set immediately and you will get the set you order (to get the prom) whenever it comes off of backorder
    I guess you can always cancel the back order and they may be fearful of it.
    JooTog said:
    There's a Classic Pirate promo too, with purchases of $50 or more.
    ^ It's a Classic Knight set :-) It goes June 30 - July 10 with any purchase of $50 or more. I'll be buying the new Creator sets then (e.g. #31052 Vacation Getaways).
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685

During the May 4th promo, I received my Stormtrooper and poster in a padded envelope less than a week after ordering and the sets arrived about 2 weeks after that.

JooTog said:
    ^ It's a Classic Knight set :-) It goes June 30 - July 10 with any purchase of $50 or more. I'll be buying the new Creator sets then (e.g. #31052 Vacation Getaways).
    Err Knight lol that one!
    I also saw $35 free shipping but was ordering $75 for fountain anyway.
    I went ahead with #21302, #70324 and #40165.
    PayPal checkout helped so I could apply my balance.
    #60134 Fun in the Park is a good minifigure pack, but I don't need that, and the price is a bit high. #60102 Airport VIP Service didn't interest me either. Next time I will order out of stock stuff I want, last time I didn't.

Just realized: Free VIP shipping at $35 lasts until June 30th. The July calendar indicates the VIP Classic Castle set promo starts on June 30th! So if we order then we only need to spend $50 to take home the Castle set instead of $75!
    CircleKKingAlanIcanon03thedingman5LegoKipteal93mr277ncaachampsSumoLego
    Ford Raptor set, Camaro set, and a few others have been added to the sale page. Sadly I already ordered. Hoping they stay up there for the whole month.
    For what it's worth- my first shipment went out yesterday and the packing materials include the Wish Fountain. 
    had a keychain ship with the fountain but the lighthouse is still in the warehouse and fun in the park is on backorder.
    Just realized: Free VIP shipping at $35 lasts until June 30th. The July calendar indicates the VIP Classic Castle set promo starts on June 30th! So if we order then we only need to spend $50 to take home the Castle set instead of $75!

Don't forget to redeem your Lego Calendar minifigure polybag in July as well.
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 243
    is the fountain really worth it?
    madejp86 said:
    is the fountain really worth it?
    I dunno, they are going for about 20 USD on eBay right now. I guess people have to ask themselves if they want the promo. It is enough for me to buy exclusives (which never can be put on sale in the US) anyway
  • erequenaerequena TXMember Posts: 52
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is that? Are you referring to the knight/City minifigure or is that something else?
    erequena said:
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is that? Are you referring to the knight/City minifigure or is that something else?
    The LEGO 2016 wall calendar from the 2015 holidays promo includes 3 coupons. The last coupon is a Nexo Nights "mystery minifigure".

Found this image from Brick Picker:
    https://www.brickpicker.com/images/uploads/news_images/lego_news_38014.jpg
  • erequenaerequena TXMember Posts: 52
    Ahhh I was thinking on the wrong type of calendar! Thanks for the clarification, I'm fairly new to LEGO (as an adult) and still catching up on everything. 
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I ordered 3 Speed Champions sets: #75870, #75874, and #75875, all at 20% off, coming up to right at $76, so a good deal as these are only available at TRU otherwise, plus the fountain on top of that.
    madforLEGO
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 532
    I wonder if my local store (well, the store close to me) has any of those coupons or calendars left. I would be interested in that coupon for the Nexo Knight figure. My family loves that theme.