Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Ugh, VIP set is gone? That's lame.
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 179
    ^ Wow figured it would at least make it through the day.  Glad I ordered this morning.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Rakul said:
    ^ Wow figured it would at least make it through the day.  Glad I ordered this morning.
    Apparently I should have read further up...it showed up when I went to the actual checkout page.

Despite being backordered, I went ahead and got the Old Fishing Store. I really should get Slave I before it goes away, but I don't want to miss this set either.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,824
    I was up, so I figured I'd see if the deals started at midnight for double VIP. Was able to make two purchases, so I'll be getting two Lloyds, two Caveperson pairs, two VIP sets, and a Lego Store Minifig from attending Brickcon. 

Oh yeah, plus all the other stuff I ordered and nearly 600 VIP points! 

Seems like a good day
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    edited October 2017
    VIP set already gone? What the heck... Not even been a full day

Edit: Oh wait l checked out and it was added to my order. It didn't show up in the bag before checking out.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,007
    want #853556 for camping collection, wish it was less than $11.99, but glad it's on sale at all and works as a promo throw-in. the actual threshhold seems to be $25.
    wedding set and what am I fill out order.
    tic tac toe, lloyd, cave couple and VIP set all show up in cart. no sign of the friends gift box.

I'll have a chance to go to the LEGO Store on Friday, as I get out of work early.
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 356
    do these promotions also work in phisical stores?
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    ^Only the VIP set (& maybe the Friends one - they had a sign up about it). The cave couple & Lloyd are online only. Possibly the physical stores sold out on their supplies.
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 356
    and the double VIP still works in the Physical stores, right?
    I`m leaving the country in 2 days, so don`t really have the time to get the sets through UPS, so i`ll have to drive to a shop to take advantage of it.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    ^Yes, I got double VIP points at the store!
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Got my Ninjago City that I ordered on the 10th today.  Woo-hoo...double boxed as well.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 941
    arathemis said:
    do these promotions also work in phisical stores?
    YMMV - I bought NINJAGO City at my local store and got:
    - Double points : current promo
    - VIP set : current promo
    - Lloyd : was told that they had plenty left over
    - Canvas tote bag : it is a November promo and it was a promo before; was told that they have a lot of them. probably got it because of the $300 set ;-)
    edited October 2017
    LEGO Store had plenty of 40161 and 40165, was limited to 5 of each, fair enough
    Most of a case of S17 at $3.19 - discount on nonrandom CMFs is a win win. All 3 Rocket Boy and all 3 Elf Girl were still there. A TLNM case was also out but a quick search yielded no N-POP Girl.
    I was surprised #40178 was a bagged set as most promos that big are boxed. Cashier wasn't sure if register would let me get 2 on a $250 purchase, but I didn't find that much to buy anyway. The only other promo they had was the Friends box.
    Nothing really stood out on the PAB wall, but 2x1 white curved slopes seemed to be the best deal by volume, so I got a large cup of those. Might as well get a refill during 2x VIP even though I wasn't buying more cups. I weighed rather than count them. 389.8g (cup is 463.5g full, 73.7g empty). I weighed small batches and got aobut 0.31g, so 1257, call it 1250. It didn't quite fill a quart ziploc bag.
    They had some polybags but for $4.99, I might've gotten #30398 if I saw any more Friends to get with it.

last time my promos got damaged being in the same bag as my other purchases, I meant to bring bubblemailers, but it worked to have the promo bagged separately. The LEGO Store's bags can't be tied off, so I brought some oversized grocery bags. This helped mightily bringing the stuff home by bus and bike.

I had limited time, so didn't have as much time to think of additions, and took pictures of the PAB wall rather than write down contents. Some pieces I couldn't identify from the picture. I saw a sign that said buy any PAB cup, get a sand baseplate for $5 - not a bad deal if you have any need for both. I wish I had noticed this while in store.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,667
    KingAlanI said:
    last time my promos got damaged being in the same bag as my other purchases, I meant to bring bubblemailers, but it worked to have the promo bagged separately. The LEGO Store's bags can't be tied off, so I brought some oversized grocery bags. This helped mightily bringing the stuff home by bus and bike.

I had limited time, so didn't have as much time to think of additions, and took pictures of the PAB wall rather than write down contents. Some pieces I couldn't identify from the picture. I saw a sign that said buy any PAB cup, get a sand baseplate for $5 - not a bad deal if you have any need for both. I wish I had noticed this while in store.
    I have been 'cashing in' on the baseplate offer for a bit of time now as I typically get a PaB cup filled (may as well get a baseplate for 5 dollars).
    Typically I only get PaB and build a figure packs when at a LEGO store as the rest I can typically get online.
    For promos such as the VIP set I will spend a bit more to get them, but typically I reserve most of my larger purchases online (mostly due to the sales tax at the store vs where I live)
    KingAlanI
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    What percent of everyone's lego purchases are from Lego [email protected]?
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 422
    ^30% 5 years ago.  90% the past few years.  100% so far this year.

Has anyone noticed better packaging implementation for [email protected]?  I ordered giant exclusives for the Double VIP promo and all the packages came with the promos inside the box.  None of the promos were even remotely damaged and usually they come mostly crushed when they are put inside the box.  That's on top of the super fast shipping they had.  I haven't been buying a lot to resell, so I wonder if they are giving better service because they see me as a common collector which they value more over resellers.
    ryjay
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,877
    ^ Maybe it's the new distribution center.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    @ryjay I'd say 10-20%. Add Lego Store purchases to it and it'd be around 30-40%.
    ryjay
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,667
    Yeah, I will say the promos are what usually does it for me, partly because it seems like Amazon (where I usually buy most of my LEGO) does not appear to have been doing a lot of big time sales on LEGO so far this year. Im guessing that will change around BF through to Christmas though.
    Hanzo77ncaachamps
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 471

The perfect storm of 2x VIP points and a promo I'm interested in is what does it for me.  Otherwise, I get mine elsewhere, almost always for less.

Hanzo
    I had some relatively minor issues with my most recent order when it arrived. I contacted customer service to talk through options. Within a couple of minutes I had a replacement on the way and some additional VIP points headed toward my account for the trouble. 

I must say, I've been super impressed with CS on the few occasions I've reached out to them!
    Hanzo
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 798
    ryjay said:
    What percent of everyone's lego purchases are from Lego [email protected]?
    For a person me, who doesn't have that much disposable cash or live near a Lego store: I buy from a Lego store probably 2x a year, and almost never online. I can usually find  better deals at other sites,  or in store (usually at a Wal-Mart).
    Hanzoryjay
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Yeah I try to limit my purchases directly from Lego, they are usually higher than other sources even when running a sale. But those darn promos sway me. I'd say I'm roughly at 20% purchased through S&H/in store. 
    77ncaachampsryjay
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 941
    40-45% combined LEGO store and online. All because of promos and PaB.
    77ncaachampsryjay
  • PoorestyorickPoorestyorick Oakland, CAMember Posts: 6
    I'v e gotten about 30-40% of my purchase this year at Lego store or [email protected]  I've started taking my son to Lego Life events and the workers have been very accommodating with promos.  For example, if the promo threshold is $75, they will give me 3 promo items if I spend $225, which is really great if I am buying a larger exclusive set.  The max they will give me is three, which is plenty. 

I'll probably spend less there next year, since there are fewer large exclusive sets on my wanted list at this point.
    ryjay
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981

Pretty disappointed to have this arrive the other day. Outside of box was completely fine, looks like they added too much padding on the top, which crushed some of the boxes. Emailed Lego customer service, hope they can find a way to make this right. 
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 220
    teal93mr2 said:

Pretty disappointed to have this arrive the other day. Outside of box was completely fine, looks like they added too much padding on the top, which crushed some of the boxes. Emailed Lego customer service, hope they can find a way to make this right. 
    I've had lots of issues with them overstuffing boxes with bubbles recently.  I made a call to customer service, so hopefully others will do the same.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 471
    I've had the above happen as well.  They simply sent replacements.
    Might go tomorrow or Wednesday before work if I get up and moving early enough - last days for 2x vip and the promo set, and items not available online might help me get to $125
    The Caveman set was still showing as available this morning. As I was looking through a few more sets I suddenly saw my cart total lower one item. The caveman set dropped off. Appears I just missed my chance at scoring another set...figures!

I swear my Lego luck never goes in my favor!
    BrickByBrick
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 77
    ^ Same thing happened to my order this morning.  I didn’t want anymore cavemen actually, so was relieved to see it disappear.  Sorry about you missing out on them since you wanted another set. 
    ^ The email receipt for my order says the cave couple set is included now.  I will have to wait for delivery to see if one is included.  Interesting :)
    I should just go ahead and submit my order then and see if I luck out. If not, I'll take your Cavemen @MooreFX :)
    MooreFX
    I had no trouble getting to the LEGO Store this morning (I got lost on the way back, but that's not TLG's fault)
    They were out of the VIP set and said they thought the website was too, but I still found well over $125 to buy
    Another 5 each wedding set and What Am I?, 2 each S17 Elf Girl and TLNM N-POP Girl (they have a lot better turnover on CMF's than regular stores)
    #40171 Hedgehog Storage and 3 #30398 Adventure Camp Bridge polybag to get #40266 Mini Keepsake Box - none of the larger Friends sets interest me at MSRP even with promo value and 2x VIP, these are hard to find, and I wanted a 30398 for my camping collection
    PAB large refill and $5 tan baseplate - multiple times they've put in the price of a new cup and have to take that off to put in the refill price. Also, they said I could get only 1 discount baseplate even if I got multiple PAB cups
    @Switchfoot55 did the cave people set get added? I hope so. I got an email that my order has shipped already. I think we will have 5 cave people sets, and a few other cave people mini-figs from CMF duplicates my son bought before he became skillful feeling the bags. I think we need to build a cave for them all :)
    kbw
    No Cavemen ever added to the order unfortunately. I must have waited just a tad too long! 
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 406
    Easter minifigure is showing up now
    MooreFX
  • eddieweddiew South JerseyMember Posts: 80
    Saturn V is available. Surprised to see it during the double points promo period.
    canon03MooreFXNellyRenny
    @Switchfoot55 It was sad to see your post.  Did you get the Easter mini-fig added instead?  If not call customer service.  A couple of times I just missed out on a promo and called.  Both times Lego helped me out, once with some VIP points and the second time sending me the promotional item.  I think the last time was for the Lego Canvas bag that I didn't realize I had to add a code, so they sent me the bag in a separate shipment.  I think Lego will do something if they know you have had such bad timing luck.  
    @kbw and @eddiew Thank you both for your posts.  I was too slow to get the Saturn V until today.  The Easter mini-fig and double points are nice surprises.  
    kbw
    @MooreFX, no Easter Mini-Fig added. I'll give CS a shout today and see if they're show me pity and ship one on over. It would definitely take the sting off missing the Cavemen by minutes!

Thanks for the FYI!
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Thanks @eddiew, I was able to finally order this set at rrp :)
    Figured I'd post this out there just in case. I have an extra promo code for a free Lego Store Employee polybag that is good on an order of $35 or more made prior to October 31st. Is there anyone out there who would benefit from it? I can't order a second one, otherwise I would :). 

It'll go to the first one I get a PM from. 
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for the heads up guys! Just ordered another Saturn V and threw in two wedding favors to get the Easter minifig and a VIP promo :) And all with double VIP points!
    MooreFX
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    May I ask why they are offering an Easter minifig in October? Very odd.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    Just placed my order for the Sat V as well, can confirm the Easter chicken set included.  Wish they had more leftovers of the better promos instead but I'll take it!
    Renny said:
    May I ask why they are offering an Easter minifig in October? Very odd.
    Cheap way to goose sales on last day of double points and use up an old promo from 2016?
  • PoorestyorickPoorestyorick Oakland, CAMember Posts: 6
    @eddiew Thank you for the heads up.  I was able to get it for double points.  That and a seasonal set got me the VIP.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    Figured I'd post this out there just in case. I have an extra promo code for a free Lego Store Employee polybag that is good on an order of $35 or more made prior to October 31st. Is there anyone out there who would benefit from it? I can't order a second one, otherwise I would :). 

It'll go to the first one I get a PM from. 
    Out of curiosity where do promo codes like that come from typically?
    jmeninno