Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited October 2017
    It has a different set number and box ( #40253 for the 2017 one vs. #40222 for the 2016 one), and the models on the boxes do have some differences.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    Looks like it is a different 24 in 1 set, will pass on this years as well.  Creepy looking nutcracker?  No thanks.  November 18-19 double VIP points looks like the only "deal" for that month.
    Rainstorm26
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545

It's a new set, last years was #40222 and the set listed on the calendar is 40253.  I compared the models on the calendar to what was in last years and they are different.  Similar...but different.

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,823
    Just because I still have limited experience buying from [email protected], do purchases from the Pick a Brick "wall" on the site count toward VIP points, promo thresholds, and pursuit of free shipping (and/or anything else I didn't think of)? Or is that all separate? 
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 707
    Pick a Brick counts towards all of the above.
    Switchfoot55
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,111
    Bought the old fishing store and had the ninjago mini as well as the cavemen promo from earlier this year added nice bonus.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,647
    Hmm, So I went to put an order in for a Saturn V and another Cocoa Van from Friends (to get another gift box and tic tac toe game). I kept getting errors, either checkout error, or 'generic error'.. Tried different times, different payment methods, different browser. no change. Then removed the Friends set, which removed the promos, my transaction then went though. Still getting the Cave people and the Lloyd promos, but by god, those Friends promos must be made of gold or something...
    Anyone else experience this lately?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Hmm, So I went to put an order in for a Saturn V and another Cocoa Van from Friends (to get another gift box and tic tac toe game). I kept getting errors, either checkout error, or 'generic error'.. Tried different times, different payment methods, different browser. no change. Then removed the Friends set, which removed the promos, my transaction then went though. Still getting the Cave people and the Lloyd promos, but by god, those Friends promos must be made of gold or something...
    I just added the Friends Advent Calendar ($29.99) and the following promos popped up:
    MegtheCat
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I would like to purchase the winter village train station and holiday train station sets but was wondering, is there a double points day coming up this month? 
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 406
    Yes, starts on the 10th. Think it runs to the 25th
    Found the October calendar,  looks like no double points until November so I went ahead with the purchase ;)
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Renny said:
    Found the October calendar,  looks like no double points until November so I went ahead with the purchase ;)
    Huh?  Were you looking at the right year?

Renny
    Cancel! Cancel!
    HanzoRenny
    DOH!
  • pansyppansyp Pacific NorthwestMember Posts: 93
    I had the same problem last night. Tried a couple of times, then took a deep breath, waved a magic wand over my computer and then it worked in Chrome.  I was using points, not sure that made any difference, but it worked.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 675
    Which sets get bonus VIP points this month?
    Looking ahead to November, it mentions "Brick Friday" sale offers. Historically, has there been any hint as to what types of sets get put on sale? Soon-to-be-retired ones get marked down at all?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,288
    ^More often then not it is the older products that have been out a year or more. Hard to make any serious predictions for specific sets though.
    kbw
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Which sets get bonus VIP points this month?
    The calendar doesn't indicate the sets. 

And the VIP Promotion tab indicates there's nothing...
    https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Promotions
    I just added the Friends Advent Calendar ($29.99) and the following promos popped up:
    Never said they did not appear, said I could not check out with them in the cart. Once I removed the Friends set (thereby removing the Friends promos) it let me. Tried with IE and Mozilla, and both had an issue.. until the Friends items were removed.
    77ncaachamps
    @madforLEGO Apologies. I was able to check out with them with Chrome.
    @madforLEGO Apologies. I was able to check out with them with Chrome.
    Yeah...completely forgot to check with Chrome though :-(
    Interesting that the cavemen promo is being added again.  I thought it was a limited exclusive earlier this summer.  
    77ncaachamps
    It’s almost a dilemma in a way: if you’re not buying anything big for the double points period, you may want to snag this bundled promo.

But what if they extend the bundle through the Double Points period?

It’s almost a dilemma in a way: if you’re not buying anything big for the double points period, you may want to snag this bundled promo.

But what if they extend the bundle through the Double Points period?

Id be a bit upset and, at the same time, pleasantly surprised by that.
    Well with the double points period coming up there is that special VIP promo set right?  Thats a whole other ball game.  I am happy with what I snagged now.  I even placed another order to get another bundle.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,823
    Again, pointing out my noobie-ness with [email protected] Assuming I make two $125 purchases during the upcoming promo, would I then get two of the VIP promo sets? Or is that limited per card to just one?
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 421
    @Switchfoot55 You should get two promos.  If you place 50 orders, I don't think they will send 50 promos.  However, someone needs to explain to me how I see people on eBay that have sold 150 of the same promos.  Clearly there is a way for some people to get on TLG's good side which I have no idea how to.  Especially as I hear how much they hate resellers..........
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Whenever I'm made multiple orders as long as I meet the threshold each time they send whatever freebie.  It's automatic, there isn't a system that decides if you've had enough of them.
    piratemania7
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I do want that VIP exclusive set, but at $125 threshold, that seems difficult for me to reach. This year's budget was decreased since we had to save for a Disney vacation. I'm surprised it isn't a typical $99 offer, although that would be hard to swing as well..

As the above stated, I tried checking out earlier this week for some sets and all of the promos popped into my cart AND I kept getting error messages, but without removing anything it still let me check out technically, but I did receive an error message on every page. I was using Safari on my tablet I think.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,555
     PapaBear said:
    @Switchfoot55 You should get two promos.  If you place 50 orders, I don't think they will send 50 promos.  However, someone needs to explain to me how I see people on eBay that have sold 150 of the same promos.  Clearly there is a way for some people to get on TLG's good side which I have no idea how to.  Especially as I hear how much they hate resellers..........
    Calling customer service and asking nicely seems to have worked for me. On Monday I noticed there were 4 different Christmas ornaments on sale for $2.00 each (down from $7.99), limit of 5. 3 of them prompted me to call customer service when I tried to order, so I called. The nice lady I spoke to told me 3 were sold out but they had "lots" of the other one, so I asked if I may order 20 of that one. She had to get a manager to approve it, but on Tuesday she called and let me know she got approval. Tomorrow I'll have 20 of them and another caveman promo (got one with the '66 Batcave a month ago). Some resellers get bigger quantities, but I figured 20 ornaments should be enough for my little chrome Christmas tree. The same bauble #853345 is back up to $7.99 today.
    Sethro3 said:
    I do want that VIP exclusive set, but at $125 threshold, that seems difficult for me to reach. This year's budget was decreased since we had to save for a Disney vacation. I'm surprised it isn't a typical $99 offer, although that would be hard to swing as well..

As the above stated, I tried checking out earlier this week for some sets and all of the promos popped into my cart AND I kept getting error messages, but without removing anything it still let me check out technically, but I did receive an error message on every page. I was using Safari on my tablet I think.
    I think Ill be buying a Palace Cinema to get the VIP set
  • PhonegalPhonegal Bagram, AfghanistanMember Posts: 22
    Under VIP promotions there is a Star Wars Vip card if you buy the Millennium  Falcon by 12/31 and says it will enable promotions throughout the next year. Really hoping they get some back in stock by then. Has this shown up for other countries?
    Has anyone ever seen the Ghostbusters Firehouse on sale somewhere?  It's the main set I am thinking about getting during Double VIP.  I was thinking about the Porsche too, but I know I've seen that one on a significant sale before, as usually the Technics do go on sale eventually.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 471
    PapaBear said:
    Has anyone ever seen the Ghostbusters Firehouse on sale somewhere?  It's the main set I am thinking about getting during Double VIP.  I was thinking about the Porsche too, but I know I've seen that one on a significant sale before, as usually the Technics do go on sale eventually.
    What sale did you see on the Porsche before?
    edited October 2017
    I wanna say I saw it on sale for around $200 USD on a UK website, but with shipping it would have been around $280.  There's someone on Bricklink in the UK selling them for $230.
    PapaBear said:
    I wanna say I saw it on sale for around $200 USD on a UK website, but with shipping it would have been around $280.  There's someone on Bricklink in the UK selling them for $230.
    Yeah, the only time I think they have been on sale in the US is when someone at Amazon lost their mind and had them for around 100 USD or whatever the price was for that 15 minutes.

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 786
    Well considering both the Porsche and the Ghostbusters Firehouse are D2C Exclusives, they aren't going to go on sale. At least, not officially
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 471
    Yeah, that's why I was surprised and asked about sales on the Porsche.  I don't count Amazon glitches or 3rd party sellers selling them a bit cheaper than RRP as sales.
    The Porsche seems to be the most overpriced set I have seen since the classic batcave and assault on hoth.  The Mercedes-Benz Arocs has more pieces with more useful technic parts and is consistently found on sale for $190.  The Porsche might sell well, but I would never consider buying one for myself unless I could get it for around $250, D2C exclusive or not.
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 319
    Placed my order, and made out well.  Double points, Lloyd minifig, cave people set, and the VIP set.  Whole lotta Lego headed my way.  :-)
    TyresOFlaherty
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 769
    Did the above and got the two friends promos as well!
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 494
    Not working for me, though--I'm definitely signed in, and they have the details of my VIP account correct, but I'm not getting either the double points or the special VIP set. Quite depressing since I'd planned to buy Ninjago City and get double points...certainly won't do it until things are working correctly!
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    Posted about this in another topic, but like @Legogram, I just put in an order of over $150 and got:
    • The Lloyd Minifig (30609)
    • The Caveman Minifigs (5004936)
    • AND the VIP set (40178)
    USA [email protected] Hope this helps someone!!
    LegogramMooreFX
  • MachONEMachONE USMember Posts: 38
    sklamb said:
    Not working for me, though--I'm definitely signed in, and they have the details of my VIP account correct, but I'm not getting either the double points or the special VIP set. Quite depressing since I'd planned to buy Ninjago City and get double points...certainly won't do it until things are working correctly!
    Doesn't show up in bag, but if you go to checkout it should. Just tried a second order to see if it worked on ninjago city.
    MooreFXsklamb
  • cooldude00cooldude00 ukMember Posts: 44
    keepsake box no longer showing up for me but everything else still is
    I didn't go all the way to checkout--OK, I'll try again! Thanks for letting me know.
    Yes, going to checkout settled all my worries. Guess double points by itself doesn't make the system as unstable as a popular new set being released!
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 179
    Too late for the keepsake box I guess.  Too bad but the rest of the promos are there.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 91
    Posted about this in another topic, but like @Legogram, I just put in an order of over $150 and got:
    • The Lloyd Minifig (30609)
    • The Caveman Minifigs (5004936)
    • AND the VIP set (40178)
    USA [email protected] Hope this helps someone!!
    Thanks for the confirmation. I had set a reminder for midnight, but it only said "VIP", so I wasn't sure how much I was supposed to spend to get what. I just knew I HAD to buy something :-) Three orders later, I'm now $700 poorer.