Comments

• KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,875
    The only one I recall is March 6-16. What am I missing here?
    Was there were last calendar year but within the past year? I refer to general 2x VIP rather than 2x on particular items.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    Was sure that there was some 2x VIP points event before now, but guess I'm thinking of last year, but in any case there are typically two events, one in the Spring and one in the Fall.
    KingAlanI
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Is mini VW still being given away online? l added $99 set to my bag and all l get was a helicopter?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826

leetshoe said:

Is mini VW still being given away online? l added $99 set to my bag and all l get was a helicopter?

Apparently it is gone already.

leetshoe said:

Apparently it is gone already.

Completely forgot about the VW giveaway.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 447
    I'm hoping it comes back...
    Only been around for a bit over a year...I don't remember a promo running out this fast except for the Darth Revan bags last fall
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Ordered chargers for the EV3 batteries.
    Backordered back in late February.
    Finally got them a few days ago.

Called twice to Lego because they were for a Mindstorms class at my school.
    Second time I called, the rep put a rush order (two-day air) and gave me 500 bonus points for the inconvenience.

I wonder what is up with their Mindstorms supply chain. Other items I have seen are also backordered.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    edited April 2017
    Just speculation on my part, but I wonder if some production is shifting over to the upcoming Boost, set to release in August.  I held off on Mindstorm products because my kids are too young, but the boost product line would be just right and at a much more attractive price point.
    Dedgecko
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Do your Lego retail stores stock Mindstorms on the shelf?  Or is it simply a display only box?
    The LEGO store near me does not carry any Mindstorms if I recall correctly, not even the main kits. They do also only have 'display boxes on the shelf for bigger items like Death Star and I think the bucket excavator
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 708
    Prolly not the right forum for this, but can anyone confirm that a LBM joker poster was given out in brick and mortar Lego stores on April Fools Day?  I placed an order online after midnight on April 1st...no poster in the box and had I known, I would have just went to the store...
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 736
    edited April 2017
     @jmeninno ^Yes. I got one, but had to say the phrase "Batman smells".
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 708
    The ones I've seen on eBay say "jokes on you".
  • PoorestyorickPoorestyorick Oakland, CAMember Posts: 6
    I believe those were the ones they were giving out on April 1.  CaptainRogers is saying he had to use the secret password "Batman Smells" to get one.  I didn't personally get one, but that is what I had read elsewhere.  I would try calling your local store, they may still have some.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439

The LEGO store near me does not carry any Mindstorms if I recall correctly, not even the main kits. They do also only have 'display boxes on the shelf for bigger items like Death Star and I think the bucket excavator

Ask a CS person to go in the back. They keep them there.
    Wish I had known about the joker poster, as it would go with the ones from February and I was at a LEGO Store anyway

I often saw store employees going in back for more copies of regular sets
    Sethro3
    #40237 Easter Egg hunt seasonal set is on sale for 7.99 at [email protected] now
    KingAlanI
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 447

#40237 Easter Egg hunt seasonal set is on sale for 7.99 at [email protected] now

I saw it for that price in store 2 Fridays ago.  I didn't purchase them since I thought they'd drop down to $4.99 like the previous seasonal sets but looks like maybe they won't?
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 343
    Although I don't believe I will be taking part in the May shopping extravaganza on [email protected], if you are planning to do so, Card Cash (not sure if I am allowed to advertise this here? If not, please let me know.) is offering an extra 5% off GCs today. The highest percentage off GCs from the LEGO store, as of right now, come to almost 12% off with this deal. 
    edited April 2017

Although I don't believe I will be taking part in the May shopping extravaganza on [email protected], if you are planning to do so, Card Cash (not sure if I am allowed to advertise this here? If not, please let me know.) is offering an extra 5% off GCs today. The highest percentage off GCs from the LEGO store, as of right now, come to almost 12% off with this deal. 

Looked this up on Slickdeals and there's a cloud over the deal.
    I'll let you all decide. I am sure some have had good experiences, but I'll just leave this here:

""Poor Merchant Reputation" doesn't even begin to describe how awful CardCash is. Stay far, far away from this shady merchant. Search Slickdeals, search the internet - you'll see a large number of dissatisfied victims.

Screwed by CardCash? File a chargeback with your credit card company and a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General.

To file a chargeback with your credit card company, simply call the number on the back of the card and speak to a customer service representative. They will likely release the funds you are disputing with CardCash while the investigation is in progress. CardCash "customer service" has a track record of stonewalling and stalling. Don't bother with them - go directly to a chargeback with your credit card company. For PayPal, open a dispute and then escalate to a claim if/when CardCash ignores the dispute.

To file a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General Office of Consumer Affairs, go here: https://njconsumeraffairs.state.n...complaint/ (You can also mail in your complaint)
    Again, since CardCash has a history of stonewalling and stalling, it's probably best to go straight to filing the complaint so there is yet another record of their malfeasance. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many gift card scams out there, but that does not necessarily fall onto Cardcash. I have used them with success before and sometimes the cards have 0 balances. The issues were always addressed within 2 business days with their support. I will continue to use them as any other secondhand GC merchant that has these problems.
    KingAlanI
    edited April 2017
    What's worse is someone asked if this is a safe site to use and a CardCash rep posted a response: "We believe so."

Yeah. Not a 100% assuring.
    josekalelmonstblitzKingAlanI
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 343

What's worse is someone asked if this is a safe site to use and a CardCash rep posted a response: "We believe so."

Yeah. Not a 100% assuring.

I can see where they are coming from making a comment like that because they can't control what people do with these cards, but it is still hilarious coming from a rep's mouth.

I have also purchased from them on multiple occasions before and not had an issue as of yet. 
    KingAlanI
    ^I and my friends have both been ripped off with gift cards from the cardcash website. Never going back.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    ^Too bad that isn't for the US.  Still waiting for something.
    madforLEGOKingAlanI
    Are you sure? It's on Lego.com; wouldn't that be the US site?
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ It's the Denmark site ("en-DK" in the URL).
    madforLEGOBuriedinBricksKingAlanIDeeC2_Josh
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Can someone in the US please post a pic of the VIP May the Fourth postcard? Mine was recycled before I saw it

red237 said:

Can someone in the US please post a pic of the VIP May the Fourth postcard? Mine was recycled before I saw it

It is posted in the May 4th thread
    red237
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    I wonder if LEGO will ever partner with a credit card company. I mean, they already have a rewards program without a credit card, so I don't see why it wouldn't be a bad idea. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    edited April 2017
    ^ You mean why it would be a bad idea? Or wouldn't be a good idea?
    bgl_84gmonkey76
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    edited April 2017
    ^Would be a bad idea...although, it WILL be a bad thing for most of us...
    gmonkey76
    Yellow Submarine, Bat Tank and new Hulk set are on sale now. -20%
    KingAlanImadforLEGO
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    Discussion about 'cashback' and similar sites is not permitted here as it discourages the use of our affiliate links, our main source of income used to keep the site running, so the comments have been removed.
    DedgeckoKingAlanImadforLEGO
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Don't know if it has been mentioned, but the #21306 Yellow Submarine is on sale for $47.99
    KingAlanI
    I noticed the Yellow Submarine sale, but forgot to post about it. @Bumblepants and @elspankdog both mentioned it. got mine at full price but the promos were better then.

@Huw thanks for explaining where the posts went. you mean the links to amazon and such on the non-forum brickset pages?
    edited May 2017
    @Bumblepants said it, but  #76078 Hulk set is discounted on LEGO [email protected] ($47.99) as well as the #76055 batman/croc sewer set ($63.99) though slightly cheaper on amazon right now).
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    I am pretty sure for the European Star Wars event, the Snowspeeder was excluded from double points.  But I had not seen anything in the US marketing materials saying that.  I just added the snow speeder to my shopping cart and got 399 points instead of 199!
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    EU lego shop does not have double points offer :(
    edited May 2017
    EDITED:

oops.

Saw Huw's comment.

Sorry!
    From the May 2017 Calendar for those interested in bonus points (mentioned in an earlier post):

KingAlanI
    I see several star wars constraction figures, minifigure clocks, books and keychains added to sales and deals. The regular sets listed there are on backorder.
    Easter Egg Hunt is out of stock.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    Do we know if the R3-M2 polybag is coming to North America?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    It appears that Lego North America might be out of R2's. I tried to placed an order to see if both the Milano poly and the R2 would show up but only poly did. No double freebees! :-(
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 212
    edited May 2017
    The Milano polybag was available along with R2 this morning, and on one transaction you could get both and double VIP.  Now it appears R2 is out of stock in the US.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    I see from the site today that the Mini Milano freebie goes from today through the 19th, not 8-21st as stated in the May calendar.
    edited May 2017

flord said:

Do we know if the R3-M2 polybag is coming to North America?

The #40268 is in the US now. Just found out that the LDCs (at least the one in Schaumburg) apparently have a promo if you buy 50 or more dollars of any LEGO theme from an LDC you get one (have to remind the folks behind the counter though). Cannot confirm, but my guess is that all LDCs are doing this. Not sure if it is a promo for May the fourth or what, but was very low key IMO.

• MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    Great, now I've placed an order to get the Milano! I chose #76075 and the Nexo villain pack since I can never find those in the store. 

R2 is no longer listed on the home page with the other Star Wars offers. Oh well, I have a second one coming with my order from last Thursday. For some reason I have two tracking numbers for this order. Maybe #75171 is coming separately from the Imperial Battle Packs?
    edited May 2017
    R2 apparently sold out sometime this morning. When I was at the store they had a sign saying due to the limited stocks of R2s they could only provide one per customer or something like that. Since that is what they typically do Im guessing they will be doing that for every promo now.