Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Ebay Question

DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
I sold something last light and the winning bid had 3 feedback and last one was from last year in oct. PayPal has a non verified us account but he has already paid for it. Should I be good if I insure it and then send it.

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    I would suggest that you call eBay. This way if anything goes wrong there is record of your conversation with them. I wouldn't worry about the buyer's last transaction being a year ago. A lot of people use eBay only around the holidays. However the non-confirmed address could be an issue.
    madforLEGO
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought as long as you ship to the address provided by PayPal/Ebay (verified or non-verified) and you track it for proof of delivery, they will cover you in case of fraud.

The last CC fraud issue I had via PayPal was shipped to the address provided by Ebay, but it was purchased using a stolen card number so there was no way for it to be verified. I had to provide delivery confirmation and it took 3 weeks, but PayPal covered it.

Just don't drop-ship or do the "Hey, can you ship to this address, it's a gift" shipping. 
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    edited November 2015
    ^, ^^-- Agreed.
    I believe as long as the shipping address appears in Paypal it should be protected, as long as you use that address. Now, if they change the address in the middle of the transaction or ask you to ship to another address I would not do it...at all, regardless of the feedback or recent history. Paypal covers you if you use the address on file at the time of payment I believe. Any other questions, contact eBay but they may tell you to contact paypal. In any case they can calm any fears you may have.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Should I have them sign for it it was for 500 dollars.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    edited November 2015
    Ebay and Paypal need to be checked, but last I heard the only items that require a signature to be protected are over 750 USD now if I am not mistaken, but again check eBay and Paypals policies.
    Signature does not hurt if the person is at a PO box or in an apartment complex, but it just costs you more, unless you charged the buyer with it in the shipping estimate you provided.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    You were really going to send a $500 order without tracking?
    Sent to the PayPal address with tracking and signed for delivery and you're covered.
    SumoLego
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    @Kevin_Hyatt - In the US, insurance would include tracking, which was mentioned in the OP. 

I would cough up for signature confirmation as well. It's worth the relatively small cost just to have that extra layer of protection, even if you didn't charge the buyer for it.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I send a 5 dollar thing with tracking,but I have not seen a not verified address , but it is the same in ebay and PayPal. I might not use insurance normally but I   always use tracking. I appreciate the input makes me feel a little saver sending these minifigs