Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Christmas Village for my local florist

SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
edited November 2011 in Photography/Video
My local florist change her window display every 2-3 months, depending on the season...Never seen any Lego in there...So A couple of months ago, after picking my son at school, I meet the florist outside her shop, and ask her if she would be interested to have a Christmas village in her window in Lego....She accepted...so i build a few different things, nothing compare to some of you guys that create fantastic MOC and things, but I am still proud of myself :)

I built the houses and trees at home, and we put everything together last night.

here is the results, I will try to put more pictures later.
Thanks for watching

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    Wow dude, that is really neat. Job well done.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited November 2011
    Beautiful!
    How did you do the snow?
    It'd look great with some (real) christmas tree lights round the edge of it :)
    What a great idea

Ive always thought the Ollivanders building from Diagon Alley would look great with that set, never seen them all together before and now I think it even more!
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Awesome! really nice, and just what I'm aiming for for my house :-) love the giant tree!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited November 2011
    That's really wonderful Eric, very impressed!

Edit: I love the tree as well Savage, would be a great way to use all those palm trees I seem to have kicking around.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Very nice, I will be attempting something simular (but on a small scale) for my home in a week or so.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    Thank you :)
    pictures are unfortunately not great...sorry about that.
    here are more:
    009.JPG 110.2K
    014.JPG 114.7K
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Great stuff, did you get any free flowers in return?
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    That's great, i think people will stop to look in at that display :-) i also love the big tree
    @atkinsar I do it for fun...but I am sure my wife will get flowers for free (which will save ME money, LOL)

I forgot to say that I also gave polybags to her so she can give to kids that find the two Santa's helper that are hidden...well...not that difficult ;)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,746
    edited November 2011
    Is that the town hall type building from the village square layout? (can't remember the exact name or find the set, the anniversary one I think, with the cinema as well).

Great idea, and well executed! (but where are the polar bears...? :P)

edit: found it http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=10184-1 Nice work!
  • otterotter Member Posts: 12
    Your work is beautiful, but your warmhearted and generous offer to the florist is more beautiful than anything else!! ;-)
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    nice job ,love the tree too!
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Fab!
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    Nice!
    Thanks everybody ;)
    makes my day all your comments!

The florist asked me to think about another display I could do.
    I am very glad with that!

PS: I am sorry about the low quality of the pictures...
  • Ollydc5Ollydc5 Member Posts: 67
    Amazing fair play to you, loving the snowboarder on the hill
    Just thought I'd add, this is my Christmasy-fied MMV and MMR. Dead simple, but creates quite a large village when added to the winter village sets. :)
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    Great idea Savage_Steel !
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Love that you're spreading LEGO cheer with a fantastic display and gifts for kids to boot! It's awesome!
    looks great!
    bet the holiday train looks fab next to those
    ^^^^ Loving that Savage, really nicely done, the small touches really set it off.
    Thanks mate, I've made a nativity to put in the barn now (the angel is quite nice and simple - I used vellum for the wings) but the baby is just a head in a turban, looks a bit odd!
    Can you post some more pics when you can :)
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    @Savage_Steel excellent layout with the "Christmasy-fied MMV and MMR" :o)
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Great mod Savage! Looks excellent and could go into any City layout seamlessly.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    edited December 2011
    Along a similar theme I thought I'd share the attached, which is on my sideboard at home opposite the (real!) tree. The core is the obvious winter theme sets, but I've added a few bits here and there.
    Skislope, yey! Looks great with the Emerald too, nice collection.
    Those weighted snowboards are great, they really work!
    ^^ I like the rack for the skis - the whole thing looks good though.

Si - I got the ski slope on your recommendation for the white plates. got it out and it was pretty much assembled. It never got dismantled. Nick and I spent ages racing each other down the slope. Then my nephew came over and added obstacles (scorpians and spiders). Great little set for playability!
    Here's a few more pics for @princedraven and to inspire all you Lego Heathen's who haven't built their winter sets yet! (It's nothing special, but cute non-the-less!)
    (sorry the photos are a bit grainy, it's in a dark corner)

More pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,746
    I see you have a Genie from series 6 already! Might have to use that excuse (similar to 'needing' a Roman soldier for my nativity scene). It's just a modded POP dagger fight but need to drop in some figs.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I may be a heathen who hasn't put together my Winter Village but I do love Christmas. Last night I found this photo of a model I built back in September and had forgotten about (so this was probably my first proper MoC rather than the market stall for the Brickish party). It's been demolished now so I can't take any better pictures. Looking back at it, I wish I'd brick-built the reindeer rather than trying to mod the cow - looks very bizarre! ;) But hey ho, live and learn.
    edited December 2011
    Lucy that's awesome! I know there's complicated moc's out there, but my favourite part of lego is the details and yours is full of them! I love the stockings, the snowboards by the door and the carrot and mince pie for Santa and Rudolf.
    Ps I like the cowdolf :)

@andhe - yep, got the genie in my first bag, and 30 bags later I've not had another! (or a butcher or snowboarder!) Dagger fight would be good for it, if I hadn't built my barn already I'd have used that. Love the POP sets for parts and fleshies :)
    @lostintranslation, yes looks like a well fed reindeer! :)
    well done Lucy on that moc.