Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

'Accessories' and the 'My Sets' Tab

Lego_Nerd98Lego_Nerd98 Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 235
edited November 2015 in Brickset.com
I have several accessories sets (such as storage containers), which are included on the 'Sets' category when you search for them. They are also included in the total set count at the top right of the page. But they do not appear on my sets lists or anywhere in my collection. Should accessories be included on the 'My Sets' tab? Or maybe should they go in the 'Sets' category in the personal collection? I don't know about everyone else, but I personally love my accessories and think they should get a little more attention, especially since there are so many LEGO accessories out there.

I also think the 'My Sets' tab should be renamed 'My Collection', since it already does not include just sets but minifigures also.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,453
    I think 'My Collection' wouldn't fit in the tab space.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,452
    edited November 2015
    ^ You are right. It was called 'my sets' prior to minifigs being included so it remained that way so it fits on the tab.

Accessories, 'gear' as we call it in the database, or 'tat' which better describes most of it,  is not something we priortise or put much effort into maintaining. If I had my way it would all be deleted!

They should appear here: http://brickset.com/sets/mycollection-owned/theme-Gear, unless you've ticked the box to exclude them http://brickset.com/profile/categorypreferences or here http://brickset.com/profile/themepreferences
    SirKevbags
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    Huw said:
    If I had my way it would all be deleted!
    He's deadly serious, so let's not push it...

:-)
    gmonkey76Matthew
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Can we have a poll on deleting the tat? ;-)
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 795
    Anything that doesn't include "system" pieces should be purged!
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,031
    ^ no :( Technic is also cool
    Lego_Nerd98
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    Ice cube trays and stuff like that out, but if it has a minifig (books, picture frames, magnets, key chain, etc....) or made with bricks (pencil pot, calendar, bank, etc...) it stays. 

By the way I think Huw and the rest of the brickset staff does a great job. Thank you.