Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Sorry I have been away a long time...

jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
edited November 2015 in Forum Operation
but I suffered a stroke on Nov 06, 2015. I am getting better but I have no control of my left arm or left side in general. They believe my family history and my migraine caused it. Having a stroke at 41 is no easy thing I don't talk like I used to. I still have my migraine (scary huh.)  still can build Lego but now it is for physics and occupational therapy. I am getting a heart monitor I played soon also because of this stroke. 
CCCsamiam391PoochySumoLegoSirBenMasterBeefyRedbullgivesuwindLostInTranslation

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,467
    dang, prayers for full recovery.
    jadedancMasterBeefy
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    I hope you make a full recovery. PS, it's not a 'like' like but a 'support' like.
    jadedancLegopantsdougtsSumoLegoTheBigLegoskiSirBenEddieDoesntMindMasterBeefyLostInTranslation
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Best of luck to you and your family in your recovery.
    Legopants
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    I'll keep you in my thoughts this season. I don't visit here all the time, so I guess I hadn't realized your absence yet. I remember many of your forum contributions though, and I thank you for helping make our Brickset community such a great place on the web. Best wishes!
    jadedanc
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    That is awful news for which I am really sorry to hear.  Keep strong and I wish you a full recovery.  J.
    jadedanc
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 
    jadedanc
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    Sorry to hear this. Hope you are soon on the road to recovery.
    jadedanc
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    I'm so sorry for you. I hope you'll be able to use the left side of your body soon. Best wishes!
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 682
    Very sorry to hear that. Best of luck on the recovery. 
    jadedanc
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Sorry to hear it..   Hang in there!  
    jadedanc
    Thank you everyone it is a slow process to recovery but I am determined. 
    kiki180703LegoboyLego_Star
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,081
    So sorry to hear about that. My thoughts and prayers for your full recovery. Mosaics have been looking great! 
    jadedanc
    Thanks @ecmo47  I been trying to work on them since the stroke. It's been difficult but I am not giving up at all. Just get frustrated at times. 
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    edited November 2015
    So very sorry to hear this. I'm wishing you a swift and full recovery @jadedanc

Keep on building... and listening to lots of music.
    (I don't know if it really helps at all, but there's so much anecdotal testimony of how music has aided some people in their recovery process. Usually classical, mozart type stuff).

Best wishes on your recovery.
    kiki180703jadedanc
    Thanks @legomatt
    kiki180703
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    That is awful. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.
    On the upside you can still play with Lego, great that you can incorporate that into your physical therapy to train and regain your motor skills.
    All the best, take care.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    edited November 2015
    Holy crap, that is terrible news! Glad to hear you are coming out of it. It could take a long time, but so many folks have been there and survived a stroke. Coming out the other end okay. And it is good that you are young. A coworker went through a similar stroke around your age and was back in the classroom teaching a year later. SO hang in there buddy and know that lots of folks are pulling for you. And feel free to update us all you want. Do you need any particular LEGO? 
    jadedanc
    edited November 2015
    Looking right now for the gingerbread house, set #40139. I have lots of things to trade for one. I wasn't able to make it to the Lego store or online to grab one. Anyone looking to trade?)
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 655
    Really sorry to hear your news, but great to hear your working on that recovery, just wanted to let you know that your help got me into mosaics and I've already completed the obligatory lego logo and am now working on a picture of a friends cat for a Christmas pressie, so thanks and hope your feeling more like your old self soon . I'll send you a pic of the cat when the pieces have arrived x

legomatt
    Yeah! Cool! Glad I got you interested in them :)
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,769
    Hi! Sorry to hear your news and hope your recovery goes well. I've not got an extra gingerbread house but it should be available online from this weekend again (that's what I heard anyway). Hope you find one!
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,234
    Prayers for swift recovery @jadedanc !

Stay determined with the knowledge that your Brickset family is here to support you!
    legomatt
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,081
    By the way, the GB house is available again starting Black Friday.
    edited November 2015
    @ecmo47 ;yeah but sadly  I don't get paid till the 1st :(
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,221
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery @jadedanc !
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,855
    Very sorry to hear this.
    Like other bricksetters have said, stay strong, and we are here for you @jadedanc ;

Wishing you a full recovery.