Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

X-Raying the MiniFigures

SteverdSteverd Member Posts: 29
edited May 2012 in Everything else LEGO
I wanted to share a video I made for another way to figure out what's inside of a Lego MiniFigure pack.
I am horrible with the feel method and the Dot method doesn't always work. Also I haven't tried the weighting
packs yet either.

So here's what a few packs look like under X-rays, See if you can figure the packs out.

Steve

Comments

• 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,005
    Cool video! I'll stick to the feel method.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Luckily, these minifigs are made in China, so the lead paint will protect them from the harmful X-rays! [J/K]
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    Where did you get an X-ray machine? And do you return the ones you don't want? As won't they be slightly radioactive? Which seems a bit dangerous for a kids toy....

I think I'll stick to the feel method. I find wheeling an X-ray machine down the toy aisle is a bit conspicuous :p
  • nodnarb162nodnarb162 Member Posts: 58
    My brother and I have had no trouble with the feel method, we just look for particular parts in the package, like for the pharoah queen i looked for the big obvious slope piece :P So far so good, we have collected series 4 and 5 this way so far and no unintentional duplicates. Of course we bought plenty of duplicates anyways, i mean c'mon, you need at least 4 extra hazmat guys, maybe soon to be more ;)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,101
    Hazmat guys I look for the hose part with the gun, found 3 Hazmat guys that way.. normally I do not stock up on one fig, but they are just so cool..
    That and I got a few extra Gangsters and clowns with pies

I think Xrays are a bit gratuitous never mind the misuse of radiological equipment....
  • SteverdSteverd Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the comments. I really need to work on the feel method.
    Right now I many use the dot method with the Minifigure app on my iPhone.

As for misuse of radiology equipment? Are you serious, I've worked in radiology for 30 years this is nothing!!!!!!!! Btw the most gross misuse of X-rays are doctors ordered completely unnecessary xrays on people. 90+% of the exams we do are a complete waste of radiation on a human being!!!! Oooh don't get me started on medical waste....
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,101
    ^-- Sorry, still does not justify, in my opinion, the use of a major medical device to see what toy is inside a package..
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Lol! I think it's funny. Most people start to take liberties with work after they've been there a while.
    Now I just need to book some time on the electron microscope ;-)
  • nodnarb162nodnarb162 Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2011
    ^ LOL :P, although I dont think an electron microscope would be very helpful for figure out whats in the bags :O jk
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    I prefer the "get the package home and open it" method. I am 100% using it and all in all its pretty fun being a bit surprised.
  • fascistfigfascistfig Member Posts: 15
    Neat video. I try to use the feel method at home, then steer those packs to the correct kids.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    edited November 2011
    Very interesting technique. Any chance you have access to an Ultra Sound machine?

My wife is the best decoder in our family. I was away on business when 3 and 4 came out. Let's just say she dominated them for me.