Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

48x48 white base plate

do lego 48x48 white base plate exist?  any ideas on where to by them at a reasonable price?

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Define "reasonable." If you need it badly enough, the BL prices could be worth paying.

It's not listed as having been available at retail, so am I right in assuming the ones listed are of a "fell off a truck" variety?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,392
    ^ No, just obtained through a different channel than retail. It doesn't mean they are stolen or anything untoward.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 780
    Define "reasonable." If you need it badly enough, the BL prices could be worth paying.

It's not listed as having been available at retail, so am I right in assuming the ones listed are of a "fell off a truck" variety?

I think this question has cropped up before on here and the answer was that TLG sometimes do 'small' runs of colours not available at retail to order, for use in conventions, LEGOLAND and other corporate customers - they have a small production line to do this.
  • dkprimusdkprimus RVAMember Posts: 31
    Thanks guys.  I was thinking 20-25 dollars.  Not 50-60 for one base plate.  I'm just getting back into lego and didn't realize it was so scarce
    I'd be better off just getting a cheap grey one and covering it in white bricks of various sizes
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    dkprimus said:
    I'd be better off just getting a cheap grey one and covering it in white bricks of various sizes
    This is what I frequently have to do for scenes where snow is needed on the ground. White plate is far more economical.

Also, thanks for the info @CCC
    Did you mean grey plate is more economical?
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,507
    No, buying white plates and putting them on a grey/blue 48x48 base plate is cheaper than buying a 48x48 white base plate.
    BuriedinBricks
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    dkprimus said:

and the end result is better anyway
    No, buying white plates and putting them on a grey/blue 48x48 base plate is cheaper than buying a 48x48 white base plate.
    Oh OK. I see what your saying.

dougts said:
    dkprimus said:

and the end result is better anyway
    Why do you think its better you have more flexibility to change things?