Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney CMF

Comments

• SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 574
    Jiminy Cricket!
    ktsam
  • ktsamktsam UKMember Posts: 24
    ^ Oh, I'd love if they made Jiminy!

Aside from the Fab 5, here are some of my guesses:

Pinocchio, Mowgli, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Alice in Wonderland, The Queen of Hearts, Baymax, Cruella deVille, Jack Skellington, Grumpy, Dopey, Tinkerbell, Fairy Godmother
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    edited February 2016
    One of those is in the series! ;)
  • Rambo_BeyonceRambo_Beyonce Mos EspaMember Posts: 22
    I'd love if they made an entire Nightmare Before Christmas series! Sets and minifigures would be amazing. And with so many live action releases you never know, we might see some The Jungle Book stuff as well. All of those would be really cool. But yeah, one of those is in there haha.

I don't mean to be an annoying tease. I thought it would be more fun for the whole community to guess and list their favorites/hopefuls as well rather than just dumping a list. I've already seen some great suggestions that I had not thought of and would make great minifigs!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    So now that you've had your fun, how bout just post the list?

BACbrixkiki180703
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    CM4S said:
    I heard Cobra_TaylorSwift was better at reveals than his/her potato headed sibling 3 posts above....
    Sorry, I'm a potato headed person? 
    Yes. A yam.
    gmonkey76
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 783
    Do we get a Beast?? A proper one?
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    Ha ha people are so serious and so impatient!

No Beauty and the Beast in this series. So sadly still stuck with the half-beast in the Disney Princess set coming out later this year.
    No Beauty and the Beast in this series. So sadly still stuck with the half-beast in the Disney Princess set coming out later this year.
    Check your inbox...

The new Beast honestly isn't that bad. I wanna see someone get it and put it on a minifig body. I'm sure it looks fine.. 

If we got Beast, I think they'd use the new Faun legs, but then they'd have to print shorts on each side which I don't think they'd wanna do.
    edited February 2016
    List!

Mickey Mouse
    Minnie Mouse
    Donald Duck
    Daisy Duck
    Ariel -
    clam shell & jewel
    Ursula
    Peter Pan
    Captain Hook
    Stitch
    Alice
    Cheshire Cat
    Maleficent
    Mr. Incredible -
    newspaper
    Syndrome -
    Omnidroid plans
    Aladdin -
    lamp
    Genie -
    lamp
    Buzz Lightyear
    Pizza Planet Alien

BACbrixkiki180703TXLegoguyJern92LostInTranslationAmanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,136
    So, if this list is inaccurate, where should I send my request for compensation for getting my hopes up?
    kiki180703gmonkey76MattsWhatAmanda1983
    We have a winner!!!
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,485
    cheshire cat? as a minifig?
    and they recycle toy story figs?
    ^ Lego recycling?  Unheard of!
    gmonkey76Amanda1983
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 590
    @CM4S Thank you for not beating around the bush and just getting to the point. I know for a fact that I will be picking up the Pixar charters, good to know which ones will be coming out.
    CM4Skiki180703
    Cheshire cat certainly is one of the stretch ones in my opinion, but the minifigure head for it is outstanding. 
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,391
    So if this list is true, then they are not shying away from re-releasing figures as well as making minifigures of characters available as Mini dolls.
    Geez so many people here can't even take a little bit of fun...sad really. 
    tallblocktooCM4S
    Mynatt said:
    @CM4S Thank you for not beating around the bush and just getting to the point. I know for a fact that I will be picking up the Pixar charters, good to know which ones will be coming out.
    Someone had seen photos from a commercial and the CG top of the box images, too. If you look, you'll find the posts.
    Funny, I was going to register the handle 'Rocky_Adele' or 'Tango_Madonna'.

Nobody likes fun when it comes to rumors and predictions.  We all prefer to consume our fun in the form of raffles and feats of strength.
    Amanda1983catwrangler
    SumoLego said:
    Funny, I was going to register the handle 'Rocky_Adele' or 'Tango_Madonna'.

Nobody likes fun when it comes to rumors and predictions.  We all prefer to consume our fun in the form of raffles and feats of strength.
    and pie
    SumoLegokiki180703gmonkey76Amanda1983
    That's isn't the whole point of rumors and predictions...? I guess I don't take this stuff as seriously as others do. It will all come out eventually anyway!
    The Brickfan just published this list too......so you know if you read it on the internet it must be true. 
    Amanda1983
    ^ Bonjour!

I like pie.  But the shipping from the UK is expensive.  And they tend to damage the goods.
    edited February 2016
    Geez so many people here can't even take a little bit of fun...sad really. 
     The game was fun while it lasted haha. Hopefully we get a proper Beast in the inevitable next wave.

Maybe, since they're recycling figures, they'll release Woody with these as face prints, minus moving eyes and arrows obviously.

Haha those would be awesome!!
    edited February 2016
    Now?? Wut? Also, Maleficent looks lovely. She can double as the enchantress from shovel knight.
    Infinityman
    ^^ Shall we start the countdown until the photo is politely removed?
    Rainstorm26
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Wow so it's like Simpsons moulding but the Disney counterpart.
    Need to get the Aladdin ones as we are doing it as a play at the end of the year at our school (I always wear minifigures on my name tag that deal with what I'm teaching...so these will be perfect). Stitch looks as cool as I pictured him to be. Malificant is amazing. Peter Pan and Hook are cool too. The rest...maybe...they'll have to grow on me.
    Amanda1983catwrangler
    Geez, I hate to sound like a complete shill, but I'm impressed.

My only criticism is that the Mickey/Minnie heads are a bit larger or just not quite proportional.  I had the same problem with the Comic Book Guy in the Simpsons line.

And the Genie head should really be a molded piece.

Love the Buzz Lightyear.  Almost like this version better than the original.
    edited February 2016
    SumoLego said:
    Geez, I hate to sound like a complete shill, but I'm impressed.

My only criticism is that the Mickey/Minnie heads are a bit larger or just not quite proportional.  I had the same problem with the Comic Book Guy in the Simpsons line.

And the Genie head should really be a molded piece.

Love the Buzz Lightyear.  Almost like this version better than the original.
     Mickey and Minnie, as is, look like mascots. Maybe Disney has enough humor in them to include minifig heads underneath. I think they would've looked better if they had the Steamboat Willie style eyes.
    SumoLegokiki180703Amanda1983catwrangler
    ^Wait, what?  They're not real?
    CM4SPumpkin_3CK5Amanda1983
    There's only one!
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 731
    I know everything has to be kept to minifig proportions, but that does not look like Mr. Incredible. The hair is wrong, and there's no big chin. Looks more like a grown-up Dash.

That being said, Cheshire Cat and Maleficent look terrific. Was there really a need to release an updated Pizza Planet Alien? I'd prefer a Beymax, or Tarzan. 
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,964
    Sweet. I was hoping the post explosion meant something.
    I will have to get all of them, but there are several that I definitely must have.

Thanks for the fun, and the list and the pic.
    Amanda1983
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    The case breakdown is gonna be interesting with 18 figures. I wonder if they will still try to keep it 3 full sets to a case? That is easy enough to do, but If not, there may be some "rarer" figures then which will be entertaining. If that box is final art, there is no "series 1" nomenclature which is somewhat surprising. When are these due in stores?
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    I think I read that they're slated for May, so expect to see them in April at targets :)
    I don't recall the Simpsons having a 'Series 1' distinction.  And the 2nd Series didn't have any of that nomenclature, either.

My guess is that if they sell half as many as we think they will, there will be a few more Disney CMF Series on the way.  No need to heighten expectations when not necessary.

Kind of surprised there isn't a tie-in to a new movie?  (That was the foremost basis for my skepticism.  No Zootopia or Moana tie-in?)
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    edited February 2016
    Do we an confirmed MSRP per fig and case yet?

Do we have any pricing from @Minifigsplus?
    legomatt
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    @SumoLego you are correct. I was misrembering =) 
    @pharmjod - I love to hear that.

What were we talking about?

(Kidding!)
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    edited February 2016
    disappointed in toy story when we could have gotten other character like goofy and the mad hater. want two set of these (one for my city and one for display case) but don't want to spend the money.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,502
    Toy Story figures? Crushed that Buzz is not paired with a Zurg. That we could, you know, construct.
    SumoLego
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,964
    SumoLego said:
    I don't recall the Simpsons having a 'Series 1' distinction.  And the 2nd Series didn't have any of that nomenclature, either.

My guess is that if they sell half as many as we think they will, there will be a few more Disney CMF Series on the way.  No need to heighten expectations when not necessary.

Kind of surprised there isn't a tie-in to a new movie?  (That was the foremost basis for my skepticism.  No Zootopia or Moana tie-in?)

I would not expect Moana in the CMFs at this point. I would presume at some point, if she is not already, for her to fall in the Disney Princess category. I would expect to see actual Moana Princess sets. 

As for Zootopia, it would make more sense those in a second wave. The Disney stores currently have a load of Zootopia tsum tsums out. I presume they are not moving well because nobody knows The characters  until the movie is out. 

The reality is there is no need for a movie tie-in for any of these CMFs. They will sell the selves.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    Not sure what, but something just looks a little off with that picture to me, it could just be my natural inclination towards skepticism. I think I'm finding it weird that they have previously done Buzz with a moulded head and genie also looks weird without a moulded head to my eye.
    SumoLego
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    The tiny incredibles logo down next to the license/copyright information intrigues me.
    Amanda1983kajolokiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,568
    edited February 2016
    Genie looks a bit naff to me but the rest are pretty good! I particularly like Maleficent, Cheshire Cat,  Alice and Aladdin. And Ursula! 
    hkcrazy88kiki180703