Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney CMF

Comments

• BrickgenesisBrickgenesis Member Posts: 8
    Really hoping we get some figures from Gravity Falls, Dipper and Mabel would make great mini figures! 

As much as my entire family would like to see Gravity Falls Lego (or in any toy medium besides the very little offered to date), I think that would be a long shot with the show ending soon. The times I've been to Downtown Disney in Orlando over the past year, whenever I ask about Gravity Falls merchandise, no one know what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, I kind of expected that but it could be a good representation of the Disney Channel without going into the live action stuff. Plus no molds would need to be made.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,392
    Really hoping we get some figures from Gravity Falls, Dipper and Mabel would make great mini figures! 

As much as my entire family would like to see Gravity Falls Lego (or in any toy medium besides the very little offered to date), I think that would be a long shot with the show ending soon. The times I've been to Downtown Disney in Orlando over the past year, whenever I ask about Gravity Falls merchandise, no one know what I'm talking about.
    I saw Gravity Falls Action figures at Go! Games and Calendars in the mall. Not many though.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    i would love to see at least two waves one with all micy mouse and another with a mix
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 590
    edited December 2015
    http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/ukranian-site-posted-a-list-of-2016-disney-collectible-minifigures-is-it-real-71012/

Minifigurepriceguide has found a list of all of the names for this series. The list seems real enough I would be slightly disappointed if this isn't the legit. I am glad that pixar supposedly made it onto the list.
    hkcrazy88kiki180703Amanda1983
    Would rather have other figs instead of inside out
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    18 figures? That will be an interesting case breakdown if true. If they stick with 60 figs per case, expect there to be some chase figures in each assortment (ie one or two of a fig per case).
    Amanda1983
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,003
    edited December 2015
    Mynatt said:

Minifigurepriceguide has found a list of all of the names for this series.
    They didn't find it, they copied it from Robert8 on eurobricks.

As to the list itself ... I'm interested in the bold ones

1. Mickey Mouse
    2. Minnie Mouse
    3. Donald Duck and Pluto
    4. Peter Pan
    5. Mulan
    6. Genie
    7. Aladdin
    8. Lilo
    9. Stitch
    10. Tarzan
    11. Jane
    12. Captain Hook
    13. Jafar
    14. Joy
    15. Sadness
    16. Anger
    17. Fear
    18. Disgust

5 from one film seems a bit much, but I guess the CMF series is there to support the figures from that film (and there won't be real sets from it).

Is something happening with Tarzan? It seems strange to have that in there - old film and didn't do very well.
    LostInTranslationARo2891kiki180703Amanda1983
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,245
    edited December 2015
    ^ Me too!  It seems like a disproportionately large of the figs are dedicated to Inside Out, but I guess it's Disney's latest Pixar animation, so the timing seems right in order to capitalise on a new franchise that's might be popular - at least for the moment.  I would have preferred a different Pixar film though, like Monster's Inc. (although I guess if you did Mike, Sully and Boo, you'd have two character spots to fill...)

There are some characters there that I wouldn't have thought would be in the (first?) Disney CMF series - I would be very happy to have Lilo & Stitch, and Mulan, and less inclined for Tarzan and Jane.  

To me, the list looks promising, if there are follow-up series'.  If it's a one off, I'd be slightly (though not overly) disappointed.

This is of course assuming that this list is true!  Can't wait for pics :)
    LostInTranslationkiki180703Amanda1983
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 70
    These are going to be wildly popular, but I think this may be a series I avoid.
    Amanda1983
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I'm generally not interested in CMFs, and by extension these. But I'm very interested to see how LEGO handles them simply because most Disney characters don't fit the minifigure form.
    Amanda1983
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,541
    CCC said:

Is something happening with Tarzan? It seems strange to have that in there - old film and didn't do very well.
    There is a live action  version  next year 
    Amanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,147
    ^ Tarzan did actually do pretty well at the box office and in DVD/digital popularity.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Hunchback or Home on the Range minifigures.  Those did terrible.
    Amanda1983
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,080
    Donald Duck and Pluto as one figure?
    I'm notconvinced
    andheAmanda1983
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 747
    ^ A Donald fig with Pluto as a Pet  accessory, such as Maggie Simpson and Santas Little Helper perhaps.
    kiki180703
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Except Pluto is Mickey's dog. 
    madforLEGOnychromastonekiki180703Jern92andheAmanda1983
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    Interested in the same ones as @CCC  and like @khmellymel slightly disappointed if this is the only series but considering Simpsons got two, I think Disney is pretty likely to get at least another series. 
    khmellymelkiki180703Amanda1983
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    Saw a link to the source posted on eurobricks this morning, doesn't seem likely to be. Five slots devoted to inside out when the series won't be out for months yet seems really off to me. I could be wrong but I'm remaining skeptical.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I hope that list isn't true. With all the classic Disney goodness that exists, they're going to waste five spots on something that doesn't even look like Disney? They may as well leave the count at 16 so they can force me to buy only three sucky characters to complete the series instead of five.

In other places people keep saying Mulan is a princess. She was just a normal girl wasn't she and fell in love with the captain of the guard, who wasn't a prince. Of course I haven't seen the movie in years so I could be wrong.
    @chuxtoybox - while not technically a princess she is included as one of the Disney Princesses for merchandising purposes.
    andheAmanda1983
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    That there are 5 from inside out makes me think the list is legit, no one making up a list would think of that.
    Amanda1983
    Or would they? Double bluff.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyuAmanda1983
    I had just watched The Incredibles a week or two ago and I said to my wife that I wondered why they never came out with a sequel since it's such a good movie and a lot of bad movies had sequels. After a little web surfing to find out what Inside Out was actually about, I just learned that they are releasing The Incredibles 2 in 2019.:)

Apparently Inside Out has really good reviews so I will have to see it one day. Toy Story, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, and Up are all great movies (there are probably other Pixar movies that I can't remember right now) but I personally wouldn't want to see Pixar characters in a Disney CMF series, unless it was all Pixar.

If they are going to include Pixar characters that's definitely not an enticing choice to include in a premier series. In my opinion of course. Sully would be cool and the daughter from The Incredibles would be cool if they did her half transparent.  
    Amanda1983
    That there are 5 from inside out makes me think the list is legit, no one making up a list would think of that.
    they could have been lazy and just stuck inside out at the end to make a fake list.
  • ArmyofdarknessawArmyofdarknessaw PAMember Posts: 22
    I've seen some people wondering why Tarzan and Jane may be included, but not sure if people know a new Tarzan live action movie is coming out next year. Perfect timing to add Tarzan and Jane in.
    wardmAmanda1983
  • ArmyofdarknessawArmyofdarknessaw PAMember Posts: 22
    I guess i take that back. I looked and Tarzan is by WB. I thought it was Disney like they have been doing with other past animated classics. I guess this is more like the failure of Pan. I guess i understand comfussion of why they arw part of this.
    Amanda1983
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 327
    I think a Scooby Doo sized Pluto with Chip and Dale would be a nice figure for the Disney series.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    I guess i take that back. I looked and Tarzan is by WB. I thought it was Disney like they have been doing with other past animated classics. I guess this is more like the failure of Pan. I guess i understand comfussion of why they arw part of this.
    Surely this proves it has to be fake.  No way they would produce Tarzan and Jane if it is a WB film!  Even if they were the old Disney designs, wouldn't this cause all manner of problems with the WB merchandising regulations.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    I'm not sure if I believe this list is true yet. Something seems fishy about it. I kind of hope it is though, for those Inside Out minifigures. I really wasn't expecting that. For anyone who hasn't seen Inside Out, stop what you're doing right now (really) and go watch it. It's one of the best movies Disney-Pixar have made. 

If this means that Pixar characters are on the table for future series, I'd really like to see characters from Up, The Incredibles and Brave. 
    InfinitymanJenniAmanda1983
    So are the heads on many of these going to be done similar to the Simpsons? I can't see Mickey or the Inside out characters being done any other way. At the same time I would want Peter Pan to have a standard head. It definitely would be different if there was a mix of both.
    ^ It will be interesting to see how they do a character like Captain Hook. He has exaggerated facial features that seem hard to wrap flatly around a minifigure head, yet giving him a sculpted head seems uncalled for and would end up looking un -LEGO like.
    dannyrwwkiki180703Amanda1983
    I hope for all molded.
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 590
    I shiver at the thought that the heads follow the Chima style.
    Interested in the same ones as @CCC  and like @khmellymel slightly disappointed if this is the only series but considering Simpsons got two, I think Disney is pretty likely to get at least another series. 
    I think there's enough Disney goodness to safely say that LEGO could easily make 14 Disney CMF series and more.
    Amanda1983
    ^ It will be interesting to see how they do a character like Captain Hook. He has exaggerated facial features that seem hard to wrap flatly around a minifigure head, yet giving him a sculpted head seems uncalled for and would end up looking un -LEGO like.
    Minimates did a decent Captain hook without a sculpted head.
    73.jpg 88.5K
    kiki180703hkcrazy88Amanda1983
    Those are the scariest Minimates I've ever seen! (Tinkerbell looks good)
    A Russian website is saying that the Ukrainian list is fake. Politics or truth? :-)

Coolguy5000kiki180703Amanda1983VorpalRyu
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    I hear Putin is really into keeping his LEGO rumors accurate.
    sonsofscevakiki180703Amanda1983VorpalRyu
    Is that why their is a well-appointed shirtless man on a horse minifig in CMF Series 15?
    Toc13pharmjodkiki180703Amanda1983VorpalRyu
    ^  I wish I could give this 100 likes.
    kiki180703Amanda1983VorpalRyu
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    SumoLego said:
    ^  I wish I could give this 100 likes.
    That would be cheating and @samiam391 would have a fit (Inside Joke) ;)
    kiki180703SumoLegoVorpalRyu
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    ^ I wish I could like this one 100 times as well!

(2nd funniest Seinfeld board game reference.)

kiki180703Pitfall69GothamConstructionCo
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Some news -

the series will be teal! :)
    Amanda1983
    Eurobricks has now found some promising new part moulds for this series which suggest Peter Pan is confirmed,  along with Ursula  (Yesss!),  Mr Incredible and Syndrome.  Genie,  Hook and Mickey also "confirmed".  Also there is a source saying the series will include "Princesses",  though not which one(s). 
    khmellymelhkcrazy88Amanda1983
    I've been following the tread over there and it has to be said, the syndrome and ursula hair pieces look great, the Mr Incredible one is generic looking enough to be useful but doesn't automatically put the character to mind (except after seeing the syndrome one)

Users on eurobricks are so quick to call something confirmed, to the point that several of the rumour threads are near impossible to keep up with, i think the Marvel 2016 thread got completely derailed by people stating things as confirmed when they were quoting reliable sources who were obviously speculating, makes me hate seeing the word confirmed (but appreciate @LostInTranslation using " around the word, i think a lot of people over there need to adopt that practice)
    Amanda1983
    Exactly, Shib, that place is a nightmare and I refuse to accept anything as confirmed til I see something official.
    Cautiously excited though! 
    Shibkiki180703Amanda1983
    I'm exactly the same, even with the leaked part images i have a small voice of scepticism that says "they could be tests that get scrapped" so while i accept characters as almost certain i think that LEGO are the only people who can actually confirm anything.
    Amanda1983
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    I thought you couldn't get a thread derailed on EB due to their strict moderation Gestapo?
    VorpalRyu
    Its still pn topic to argue about what has been confirmed apparently so there were at least two pages of "discussion" about what had been confirmed...one mention of the films somethings based on gets you in trouble there though apparently
    VorpalRyu