Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney CMF

Comments

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 845
    Otherwise can perhaps bricksetters who are buying in bulk or sealed boxes(however that is done) can set up regional exchanges/swap shops for those of us who need only a few figures? 
    http://swapfig.com/ is run by a Brickset member I believe.
    Amanda1983
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Boo!

I hope they don't make a habit of this and go back to the non-branded figures.
    Amanda1983
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 577
    Aleydita said:
    Otherwise can perhaps bricksetters who are buying in bulk or sealed boxes(however that is done) can set up regional exchanges/swap shops for those of us who need only a few figures? 
    http://swapfig.com/ is run by a Brickset member I believe.
    Thanks I wasn't aware of that site.
    Amanda1983
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,310
    Users have swapped on brickset via the marketplace for years too.

Amanda1983
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,897
    Be interesting to see if they go with moulded heads (eg Toy Story) or stick with the standard fig plus identifiable headgear (eg POTC) or... a mixture of the two?

I'm guessing this is mainly going to go with the animated side of Disney rather than the live-action side? (Hands up for a Mary Poppins fig).
    Amanda1983
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    Does this mean they'll be no more Simpsons CMF series?  Don't get me wrong, Disney will be awesome, but just hoping it won't kill the Simpsons.
    Amanda1983
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    edited November 2015
    So excited to see what will come in this wave. I am sure there will be no Marvel or Star Wars characters as these will be under separate licensing agreements, disputed both being owned by Disney, so this wave should be full of Clasic Disney characters.

if I had a wish list for this first wave (let's face it there could and probably will be many waves) it would be:

Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Pooh Bear, Pigglet, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Mini Mouse, Daisy Duck,Chip, Dale, Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey & Louie, Doc

Maybe wave 2

Goofy, Bad Pete, Pluto, Jaffar, Aladin, Angel, Mallificent, Fairy Godmother, Tigger, Happy, Grumpy, Dopey, Mr Smee, Wendy Darling, Mad Hatter, Alice

maybe wave 3

Sneezy, Bashful, Sleepy, Peter Darling, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, Baloo, Mowgli, Cruella De Vil, Ludwig Von Duck, Clarabelle Cow, Arial, Mary Poppins, Launchpad McQuack, Mrs Beakley, Magica De Spell

Sorry, got carried away there :)
    Amanda1983
    Gooker1 said:
    Does this mean they'll be no more Simpsons CMF series?  Don't get me wrong, Disney will be awesome, but just hoping it won't kill the Simpsons.
    I think the answer is yes, Simpsons will be no more. Which is a real shame seeing what important characters are missing. Edna is the Mouth of Sauron and Skinner is the Witch King. And as for Barney and Moe ...

andhe said:
    Be interesting to see if they go with moulded heads (eg Toy Story) or stick with the standard fig plus identifiable headgear (eg POTC) or... a mixture of the two?

I'm guessing this is mainly going to go with the animated side of Disney rather than the live-action side? (Hands up for a Mary Poppins fig).
    If animated, I hope they just go down the molded head routes for cartoon accuracy. If live action, then regular minifig heads.

Amanda1983
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366

The Peter Pan and Captain Hook rumor may give us some insight into the makeup too. For instance, if it's true, then we'll likely get pairs in some cases. They wouldn't just give us Captain Hook by himself. It makes no sense. So Peter Pan is included. I'm guessing that if other villains are included, the hero from the same story will be as well. Just a guess, but it seems somewhat logical as some characters don't really stand by themselves.

Amanda1983
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,528
    As a grandpa who sees firsthand which Disney characters my grandson is watching, I'm hoping to see:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse series
    Mickey Mouse
    Minnie Mouse
    Pluto
    Goofy
    Donald Duck 
    Daisy Duck
    Pete
    Clarabelle
    Ludwig Von Drake

Jake and the Neverland Pirates series
    Jake
    Izzy
    Cubby
    Scully
    Captain Hook
    Mr. Smee
    Sharky
    Bones
    Tic-Toc Croc
    Peter Pan

Winnie The Pooh series
    Winnie the Pooh
    Eeyore
    Kanga and Roo
    Rabbit
    Piglet
    Owl
    Tigger
    Christopher Robin

Amanda1983
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,322
    There will be 18 minifigures in this series instead of 16! 
    LostInTranslationkiki180703Amanda1983
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,802

^ Odd trying to work out if there could be a reason, can only think of one for the football line.

Amanda1983
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    And they will have the Disney tax, MSRP $4.50
    Amanda1983
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 579
    edited November 2015
    Oh how I remember the days when they only cost 2 dollars. The good ol days. 
    TXLegoguySumoLegoyys4uAmanda1983
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,154
    Well as I was expecting $5 I guess that isn't too terrible.

As far as which characters go, my bet is a diverse mix that doesn't quite get all of any one group so we will have to buy Series 2 and so on to collect all the Mickey gang or whichever other groups get chosen.
    Amanda1983
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2015
    I expected $5.00 as well, but $4.50 is still too much IMO. 

So a complete set of 18 will cost me $86.47 after tax. No thanks. 
    Amanda1983
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
     Hope there's not 2 extra figures because they're going to make 2 Disney "Mr. Golds"  to chase this time.

It's kind of hard to picture a yellow Peter Pan, Captain Hook or Tinkerbell. This series will most likely  break the streak and use fleshies.

Yodalicious said:

The Peter Pan and Captain Hook rumor may give us some insight into the makeup too. For instance, if it's true, then we'll likely get pairs in some cases. They wouldn't just give us Captain Hook by himself. It makes no sense. So Peter Pan is included. I'm guessing that if other villains are included, the hero from the same story will be as well. Just a guess, but it seems somewhat logical as some characters don't really stand by themselves.

If I want the consumer to buy series 2 after they've bought series 1, wouldn't it make more sense for me to split the heroes and villains in series 1 and 2  so they would want to buy both? I'd give you Captain Hook in series one and Peter Pan  in series 2.

kiki180703oldtodd33Amanda1983
    ^ While I agree from a business standpoint, the rumor is that both Pan and Hook are in this first series. Just a rumor, but they are they only rumored names at the moment and they are always mentioned as both being in. 
    Amanda1983
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,517
    edited November 2015
    In LUG Notts we already have a CMF exchange.

Actually I just feel for the ones we want and buy as many as we need. :)

I'll have to see the characters to decide whether I want any Disney CMF.
    Amanda1983
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 327
    I'm thinking with these all being named characters there should not be a need for army building with this series. 
    Amanda1983
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,154
    I kinda hope numbers 17 and 18 are silver and gold Mickeys so there will be more reading material around here for awhile.
    YodaliciousTheLoneTensorthedingman5chuckpAmanda1983
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,346
    Would love some oddball/obscure characters like VINCENT from the Blackhole or Tron, but I bet they will all be pretty mainstream.
    chuckpAmanda1983
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    I think they will all be mainstream but if anyone is listening at Disney/Lego  Sparky from Frankenweenie would be my want
    ARo2891dannyrwwdoodlebirdkhmellymelAmanda1983
  • aid_77aid_77 NewburyMember Posts: 186
    I'm ready to be proved wrong, but I have zero interest in these, House of mouse? no ta
    Amanda1983
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    edited November 2015
    Sorry if this is kinda off-topic, and not sure if it was discussed yet, but is it too early for rumours about the CMF series that comes out after the Disney CMFs? This year's equivalent has been Halloween-themed monsters, could 2016's be - wait for it... LEGO Simpsons Series 3: Treehouse of Horror!? :)

I know it seems the Simpsons line might be done and dusted since there hasn't been any word of further releases yet, but I'm remaining optimistic, no news is good news for Simpsons fans here. It would kinda make sense, timing-wise, and helps inject some variety into the Simpsons CMF line if they decide to give it another series (and hopefully cover a few missing main characters if they decide to give it a break after that). Of course, they could always give us a Principal Skinner in a LEGO Dimensions pack, but I'm really hoping for a crazy group of ToH figures next year. :)
    black_towrAmanda1983
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,322
    Sorry if this is kinda off-topic, and not sure if it was discussed yet, but is it too early for rumours about the CMF series that comes out after the Disney CMFs? This year's equivalent has been Halloween-themed monsters, could 2016's be - wait for it... LEGO Simpsons Series 3: Treehouse of Horror!? :)

I know it seems the Simpsons line might be done and dusted since there hasn't been any word of further releases yet, but I'm remaining optimistic, no news is good news for Simpsons fans here. It would kinda make sense, timing-wise, and helps inject some variety into the Simpsons CMF line if they decide to give it another series (and hopefully cover a few missing main characters if they decide to give it a break after that). Of course, they could always give us a Principal Skinner in a LEGO Dimensions pack, but I'm really hoping for a crazy group of ToH figures next year. :)

Nope, the next series is a normal Series 16. There's a small German Soccer one too.
    Amanda1983
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    dannyrww said:
    Would love some oddball/obscure characters like VINCENT from the Blackhole or Tron, but I bet they will all be pretty mainstream.
    When I first saw this thread I was hoping for the exact same thing. 
    Amanda1983
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    CM4S said:

Nope, the next series is a normal Series 16. There's a small German Soccer one too.
    Aw. :( Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part, I heard about the Euro 2016 CMFs but hadn't heard any news about S16.
    Amanda1983
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    this better have micky and mini and pluto in this
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    I want Grumpy!!!!
    Amanda1983
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    edited November 2015
    ^ I want Snow Ruddy White!!
    Who continues to grow overlooked by the Disney Princess sets along with Belle (and others but those are my main two gripes).  
    We even already have perfect hairpieces for Snow and Belle that just need recolouring! (starlet and Calamity drone) 

I want so many Disney characters it's unreal.  I'll avoid saying Princesses,  because obvidently I want all of those.  
    In addition (in no particular order and clearly some of the animals would have to be accessories like Santa's little helper) :
    - Mickey (classic,  Steamboat Willie  and Fantasia versions), Minnie, Donald,  Daisy,  Goofy and Pluto 
    - Maleficent
    - Ursula 
    - Lady and Tramp
    - Mike and Sully 
    - Beast,  Lumiere and Cogsworth
    - All of the Incredibles
    - Aladdin,  Jafar,  Sultan,  Genie  and a mini Abu 
    - Kuzco as llama,  Yzma and Kronk 
    - Peter Pan,  Tinker Bell and Hook
    - Mowgli,  Baloo,  Bagheera,  Shere  Khan and King Louie
    - Robin Hood 
    - Alice,  Queen of Hearts,  Cheshire  cat and White Rabbit 
    - Winnie,  Tigger,  Eeyore and Piglet
    - Mary Poppins and Bert 
    - All 7 dwarves  (spread across multiple series) 
    - Pinocchio and Jiminy cricket
    - Pongo and Perdita and Cruella DeVi
    - Simba and Scar, Timon and Pumbaa
    - Hercules and Hades 
    - Wreck-it Ralph and Vanellope 

So, enough to bleed my wallet dry for years :-) 

Oh and Jack Pumpkinhead. 

Coolguy5000hkcrazy88Amanda1983
    I see similar problems as for Simpsons, unless they pair them carefully within a series. So don't give us Maleficent without Snow White, don't give us Mickey without Minnie, but also don't give us key characters in S1 only to have to repeat them again to sell S2 (like repeating the Simpsons). I cannot see them doing all seven dwarves unless they all appear in one series,cwhich seems unlikely.
    Amanda1983
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 205
    They could do it over 3 series, Snow White and 1 dwarf in S1, 3 dwarfs in S2&3.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    edited November 2015
    CCC said:
    I see similar problems as for Simpsons, unless they pair them carefully within a series. So don't give us Maleficent without Snow White, don't give us Mickey without Minnie, but also don't give us key characters in S1 only to have to repeat them again to sell S2 (like repeating the Simpsons). I cannot see them doing all seven dwarves unless they all appear in one series,cwhich seems unlikely.

Unless you know Disney's merchandising figures...but im aware of having seen far more merch for Dopey and Grumpy than any of the other Dwarves, presumably they are the more popular ones qnd therein might be made without the others...I don't think pairing is entirely nessisary, but i can see variations of Mickey across multiple series if they get multiple series.

I'm not going to get into wishlisting because I'm sure my list would probably be into triple digits.
    LostInTranslationAmanda1983
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    CCC said:
    Maleficient is paired with Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).  You're thinking of the unnamed Evil Queen.

Btw, I can totally see them splitting up pairs because why not?  Got Mickey from S1?  Well, now you have to get Minnie from S2.  They have done it many times already with Grandma & Grandpa, Sheriff & Bandit, Caveman & Cavewoman, King & Queen, etc.
    Amanda1983
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I would prefer they split them up to be honest
    Other way round, I meant Sleeping Beauty but typed Snow White. :-)

The problem with splitting over series is lack of interest in later series - what seems to have happened with Simpsons S2. If these are spread over three series in three years, there is nothing for new collectors to get them to buy in, unless they go to the secondary market. Then the other problem, so we have Fallout Boy but no Radioactive Man. Edna but no Skinner, etc.
    Amanda1983
    edited November 2015
    Splitting wasn't the major fail of Simpsons S2, it was the fact that 6 (nearly 40%) of the figures were the exact same characters from S1, only in different costumes.
    Yodaliciouskiki180703SumoLegotamamahmhkcrazy88Amanda1983Adzbadboy
    edited November 2015

^ And were in the Simpsons House and then some were in the Kwik E Mart. Homer, Marge and Bart became the Batman of the Simpsons theme.

Sure they are the main characters, but I know I for one have enough of each of them.

TheLoneTensorSumoLegoAmanda1983Adzbadboy
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    Also for the most part the repeats were weak choices...there were far better versions of them they coukd have gone for, Bartman being the major exception.
    Amanda1983
    That is kind of the point, if all the good ones are done in series 1, then S2 lacks a bit. So Burns and Krusty may have been better in S2, although they missed so many more important characters than the ones they did.
    Amanda1983
    That has also set up some distrust too. Why buy into say a series of seven dwarves, when they'll probably only do two or four (based on what they did with Simpsons, LOTR, etc). 
    Amanda1983
    Well, I'd think the Seven Dwarves are a bit more a cohesive group than say Edna and Seymour.  If they did indeed only do say 4 of them, there would be uproar.
    Amanda1983
    Although if they do four and stop, people will have already bought in by the time they realise there will only be four.  Uproar or not, they've already paid. So Lego probably won't care.
    Amanda1983
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    edited November 2015
    According to the updates in the data base the Disney CMFs are real!! What are they? I don't know, there's no pictures!
    Amanda1983
    We don't know yet.
  • BrickgenesisBrickgenesis Member Posts: 8
    Really hoping we get some figures from Gravity Falls, Dipper and Mabel would make great mini figures! 
    kiki180703
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 659
    Cruella de ville would make a great minifig or minidoll
    Amanda1983
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 778
    Be interesting to see Maleficent in minifig form. Hopefully with a new headpiece. 
    Amanda1983
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Really hoping we get some figures from Gravity Falls, Dipper and Mabel would make great mini figures! 

As much as my entire family would like to see Gravity Falls Lego (or in any toy medium besides the very little offered to date), I think that would be a long shot with the show ending soon. The times I've been to Downtown Disney in Orlando over the past year, whenever I ask about Gravity Falls merchandise, no one know what I'm talking about.
    Amanda1983