Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Toys R Us minibuild - Nov 14th - Poes X-Wing!!!

Coming up on November 14th, Toys R Us will have a minibuild event from noon - 2 pm. The build, Poe's X-Wing! Cool looking model. Here is a link: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963&camp=CME:TRU:EM110715D_StarWars&csep=90d7d103-0fc7-46cc-b3c5-b54e7e219a68&dtm_em=bb3f4d0b63d625aa74adf50fee1c8987
Remember, this event is intended for children 6 and older...

Comments

• TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 370
    My wife often thinks of me as a child older than six- 30+ years older. 
    krklint
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    Mine is happy that I'm an older-than-average child, and not a frustrated 40 something with lack of a hobby :)
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 535
    edited November 2015
    Having attended previous TRU build events, we arrived early this time (10:45) expecting to wait. We would've been first, had we stuck around. The coordinator guy insisted the build was at noon, & I said on official online notice said "noon Eastern", which meant 11am our time (Central).  Well, I wasn't about to hang around an hour with my kids, so we left. Had other stuff to do so we didn't return.

I was slightly miffed, as I was sure of the event's time, & the guy was a bit haughty about it.

Anyone in the US confirm the time thiis actually began today?

• solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 205
    I'm on Central time and they always run from 12 - 2. I like to go around 1:30 after the crowds die down and they usually still have some to spare. The line was still pretty long even at that time today though, and my daughter was getting hungry, so we didn't stay.
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 535
    edited November 2015
    After seeing the crowds around here the last few times (this wouldve been our 4th event) I wouldnt chance going late. Once it was such a mob scene, I just stood back & sent my son into the crowd to grab the pieces & instruction sheet.

Yeah, I guess now I see we were in the wrong (that timetable would mean the event was at 8am Pacific) but that they included the time zone in the post confused me. I hope that didnt confuse anyone else. Whenever I see a time for "Eastern", I naturally think "oh, that's an hour earlier my time."
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 205
    The only TRU build that we tried to go to past 1 and didn't get was the Jurassic World one. They let us pick a free poly out of four options instead. We would have been able to get the X-Wing today if we stuck around, but that's alright. My daughter got a My Little Pony and I got two of the Threepio polys, so we were both content :) .
    chuckp
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    Our TRU actually started the giveaway at 11:45 EST as the line was getting a bit long. They had the parts pre-packed if you didn't want to wait and build at the table. +1 for thinking ahead TRU, that place was a zoo today!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    I was in the store during the build and just passed it up for the Lego aisles because I thought it was only for kids.

One of the associates saw me and asked if I had gotten my x-wing yet.

When I replied that I didn't, he told me where to go and that I could get one.
    The associate didn't bat an eyelash at me when I got my bag.

Question for all: How did they package your x-wing? 
    I got mine in a Ziploc snack bag (the associate counted out the parts).
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited November 2015
    ^ Ours were in a Ziplock-type bag as well. I'm pretty sure they were supplied by LEGO as they are similar to the ones you get from LEGO when they send replacement parts. They have the warning labels on them, similar to the parts direct ones. 
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 732
    Anyone got a photo to share?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,513
    @donutboy I'm at work right now but can take a pic when I get home. Are you looking for the instructions, set in bag, or built set?
    donutboy
    gmonkey76 said:
    @donutboy I'm at work right now but can take a pic when I get home. Are you looking for the instructions, set in bag, or built set?
    I was thinking of a photo of the built set, but a pic of instructions would be fantastic.
    Thank you.
    @donutboy the one X-wing on the stand is from Star Wars Celebration the other I believe is from the TRU X-wing TIE build. 
    kiki180703chuckpdonutboycmrt1014
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    Awesome! Thanks for the directions. Might be time to build a fleet of micro X-Wings in a multitude of colors :D

gmonkey76
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^^are the original colour x-wings not meant to have the lower wings studs down?
    edited November 2015
    @gmonkey76  Thanks so much. It's very similar to the advent calendar x-wing from a few years ago isn't it. Just need to find some of those orange bits.
    gmonkey76
    @MattsWhat you're right got them second hand and fixing now.
    MattsWhat