Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Cafe Corner secret message!

asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 129
edited November 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I was putting together my Cafe Corner set for the 2nd time (after being in storage for a few years), and as I was completing the first few steps I realized that the sidewalk mosaic on the left side spelled out "CAFE"! I never realized this. When I was putting on the 1x1 tiles, I kept thinking...wow this is a totally random design, then it hit me!

Comments

• snailladsnaillad Member Posts: 4
    Just looked at mine behind me and never noticed it before either. :D Suppose its hard to see clearly due to the tables and chairs. Nice touch by Lego!
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 891
    If you put all of the modular street sets going from right to left in the order they were released, you get a secret message that syncs up with Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz (when it goes colour).

Shhh though. THEY don't want you to find the secret...
  • Rollo_TomassiRollo_Tomassi Member Posts: 113
    Oh sure. Rub it in that you have Cafe Corner. :-P ;-)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Not that secret a message really - the clue is in the name :)

Also, if you build it starting from the back of the book and working your way forwards, it makes an exact replica of one of the Roswell UFOs from area 51.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ And you know this to be true, because men in black suits will be paying us all a visit shortly, to wipe this knowledge from our minds...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ Black suits... or white coats? :)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    Lol.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Just like @snaillad I merely had to look behind me, and amazed, realized you are right! Very cool.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    @mr_benn Oh they sync when it goes COLOUR!! That's why it never worked for me!
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    I know how I'm spending Thanksgiving... unpacking the Cafe (I moved in August) so I, too, can wait for the M.I.B. to visit. I'm in Miami, so I'm sure Will Smith is already on his way.
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Hah, they'll never find me in my loft in the middle of Scotland....well unless they read this forum that is! ;)