Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2015 Brickset Secret Santa

1234568»

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 843
    ^Thank you! And I'll participate.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,438
    I'm one of those Europeans on the continent eager to participate :) Happy to be part of the UK list if there's not enough interest this side of the Channel. However unlike @snowhitie I don't have a UK mailing address.
    snowhitie
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,057
    @stlux that wasn't a prerequisite last year either - I was mostly thinking aloud as I am wont to do.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,944
    Yeah, (for the time being) there shouldn't be any import taxes for mailing from the UK to the EU and vice versa. International postage itself isn't even all that much more than domestic here in the UK.
    snowhitiekiki180703
    Well, for small sets. For large parcels Royal Mail has some eye-watering rates, but that's not what Secret Santa is about ;)
  • steinbriquesteinbrique germanyMember Posts: 26
    I am in ! Mainland or Uk , I don´t mind.
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    @cmrt1014 let me know if you need any help.
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    When is the new secret santa thread going to be posted? I thought it was supposed to be yesterday (Monday). :(
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
    ^hopefully its soon!
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Oh no! Now there's only 74 days left to Christmas!! 

;-) 
    I'm sure it will be posted in good time,  with a decent sign-up period. As somebody mentioned previously, last year we didn't even have the announcement til November. 

Patience is the key to joy. 

stluxSprinkleOttersnowhitieBricklover18kiki180703
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    @cmrt1014 let me know if you need any help.
    Will do.  Thank you.

;-) 
    I'm sure it will be posted in good time,  with a decent sign-up period. As somebody mentioned previously, last year we didn't even have the announcement til November. 

Only 74 more days! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I haven't bought all my presents yet!
    (My aim every year is to have all presents by the end of November)
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,757
    stlux said:

;-) 

Only 74 more days! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I haven't bought all my presents yet!
    (My aim every year is to have all presents by the end of November)
    My aim every year is to have all presents by December 24th. And it usually works out. ;)
    gmonkey76HugeYellowBrickkiki180703Salamalex
    As I don't like crowds, going out on Dec 24 to get presents is a big no-no for me ;)
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
    I'm already planning mine and have even got one on order already. I like to get everything out of the way early, do most of it online.
    I usually start shopping by the beginning of December.
    I am also an early bird buyer as I hate having to go shopping in late November and December and I end up with lots of busy weekends. Plus it helps to spread the cost. And I need to allow time to send the presents for my sister's family to the Netherlands as she often leaves it to the last minute to tell the rest of us whether or not she's coming over to the UK. 
    My mum has sneakily started before me this year though!! I must start buying very soon! 
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703catwrangler
    edited October 2016
    @starwars4ever it will be up by next Monday.

@lostintranslation I love that 'patience is the key to joy' much better than the one I usually use 'patience is a virtue'.
    piratemania7
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    I'm in for 2016. Waiting for the thread.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,055
    @piratemania7 @cmrt1014 I think two people is well enough, but if you guys need a hand, I can help too!
    piratemania7
    snowhitie said:

@lostintranslation I love that 'patience is the key to joy' much better than the one I usually use 'patience is a virtue'.
    Think it was from a fortune cookie :-) 
    snowhitieSprinkleOtterGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 690
    snowhitie said:

And both of those are infinitely better than "Patience is a card game for lonely people..."

Sorry, my witicisms are a bit lowly at the moment ;)
    SalamalexLostInTranslation
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,009
    I`m definitely up for the secret Santa - I love the whole thing. Usually its the only present that I don`t know about (I have to buy all my Lego presents to wrap up because no-one knows, including my wife (and even I forget), what I have and haven`t got!). Even though I`ve moved to Switzerland I will have mine delivered to a UK address. I`m happy though to post from Switzerland so the lucky person gets theirs in time for Xmas. May be it won`t be so secret if the person sees the stamps. Oh well.....
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 526
    I'm in Ireland and would be up for this
    @msanders there is definitely going to be a separate mainland Europe one so you can just use your Swiss address ;)
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,009
    snowhitie said:
    @msanders there is definitely going to be a separate mainland Europe one so you can just use your Swiss address ;)
    Thanks. Not sure whether to just stick with the UK one - the Swiss customs are sooooo strict! 
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    I want in and could do either continent - US or Europe - I'm heading out to Europe Dec 16th ;)
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    You might miss out in european last posting date 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I'll be opening a new thread for the 2016 Brickset Secret Santa on Monday. Looking forward to another great year!
    So is there going to be a new thread? Since the original post was 6 Oct, Monday should have been 10 Oct. Also, since cmrt1014 was so kind to organize a US based one, should that be a separate thread? I'd like to participate but the 2015 thread doesn't seem the right place to say "I'm in". 
    starwars4everSprinkleOtterkiki180703
    @ecmo47 the thread will be up this coming Monday - all will be revealed then :)
    SprinkleOtterRenegade007cjhkiki180703piratemania7Redbullgivesuwind
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2016
    Woo hoo!
    SprinkleOtter
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,984
    @LostInTranslation I tried writing fortune cookies turns out they don't want them from a grumpy guy. Apparently things like "hell is other people" "God is dead" and "You are batting way above your average" are not what people want to hear. 
    GothamConstructionCoiso3200stluxsnowhitieDanGPLostInTranslationRenegade007cjhkiki180703
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    snowhitie said:

And both of those are infinitely better than "Patience is a card game for lonely people..."

Sorry, my witicisms are a bit lowly at the moment ;)
    Personally I'm a fan of "Patience is a virtue or, in your case, a miracle."...
    stluxSprinkleOttersnowhitiestarwars4everLostInTranslationkiki180703
    Lots of people impatient for this year's Secret Santa. Impatient to give something, or impatient to get a gift? ;)
    Muftak1kiki180703
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 526
    stlux said:
    Lots of people impatient for this year's Secret Santa. Impatient to give something, or impatient to get a gift? ;)
    Yes. To both! :)
    The less patient among us could use the waiting time to make sure their Wanted list is up to date and visible to other members :-) 
    stluxBricklover18SprinkleOtterRenegade007cjh
    Already updated my wanted list last weekend - I have 691 sets on that list ;)
    gratefulnatSprinkleOtter
    Where do we see/create wanted lists?
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 356
    stlux said:
    Already updated my wanted list last weekend - I have 691 sets on that list ;)
    Nothing like being prepared :-)
    stlux
    @Muftak1 In your Brickset profile, I think you need to set the "Allow Brickset users to view my collection" flag to "Yes". This will allow us to see the sets where you have ticked the "I want this set" box.

Muftak1
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Just updated my want list. :)
    THANKS @CapnRex101.  LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!
    SprinkleOtter