Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2015 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• cjorgenscjorgens Member Posts: 4
    Sorry for the late posting, we have been away from home visiting family over the holidays. I just wanted to let my SS know that received and of course like my gift of the #60078 Utility Shuttle, a perfect addition to our space collection. I'm also glad to see that my recipient liked their gift as well. 
    hkcrazy88kiki180703Lego_StarGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationrancorbaitAmanda1983
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    My apologies for an ever so delayed post.  I am truly grateful for the thoughtful and well planned gifts my SS sent to me.  :  )

Also thank you to @CapnRex101 and @rancorbait for organizing things this year.
    Lego_Starkiki180703GothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationrancorbaitsnowhitieMordoorAmanda1983CapnRex101
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 178
    BombTec said:
    Awesome! Three TLM polys that I missed out on. And you can't have a Christmas without a tree. Thanks SS!!!
    I am glad you liked your gifts (the cat must have liked them too!)
    Jennifer
    LostInTranslationkiki180703snowhitiehkcrazy88Amanda1983
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 864
    I was busy with work over Christmas so didn't manage to say thanks to my Secret Santa. I was very pleased what I've got as the poly was on my wanted list.
    Plus got a quiz which was a guide what the other item was which got my tired brain think slightly harder at the time. Lots of though and creativity went into it.
     So It is delayed Thank you to my Santa.

rdflegotheLEGOmankiki180703khmellymelAdeelZubairLostInTranslationGothamConstructionCohkcrazy88Amanda1983
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 342
    I have to say, I'm really impressed with the amount of work and care going into people's secret santa gifting on here. I'll have to get on board for 2016, although I have to say, I'm a little intimidated!
    LostInTranslationAmanda1983
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,944
    I have to say, I'm really impressed with the amount of work and care going into people's secret santa gifting on here. I'll have to get on board for 2016, although I have to say, I'm a little intimidated!
    I know what you mean! Some people go way above the budget, but as a student I've always had to stick fairly close to it. People are still pretty appreciative, though usually!
    LostInTranslationDanGPkiki180703snowhitieGothamConstructionCoAmanda1983
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2016
    ^nothing wrong with that, also sometimes someone might pick up a great deal where they live or something, so I would not worry about this. Without wanting to sound cliché, but it's the thought that counts! And I think it's especially nice if someone puts a lot of thought in theirs ;)
    DanGPkiki180703hkcrazy88Amanda1983
    Oh, absolutely! I certainly wasn't criticising people for being generous!
    Amanda1983
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited January 2016
    I think my giftee is happy with what I gave them but I am already thinking about what to do better for 2016. Obviously it depends on who you get as to what exactly you give but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open over the year for cool little stocking fillers :-) 
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,059
    I loved the gift I received (obviously) and I thought I'd put some effort into sending one, but unfortunately the recipient hasn't posted on here so I can only assume I missed the mark somehow :-(
  • DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
    Maybe I'm getting old but as much as getting something expensive is nice thought & effort is more meaningful. The second part of my SS arrived this week. It's always nice to get a little post Christmas pressie. Thank you Secret Santa.

kiki180703LostInTranslationsnowhitierancorbaitGothamConstructionCoAdeelZubairLego_StarAmanda1983
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,170
    Better late than never. I won't go into the story, but my Secret Santa Bricklinked me these store grand opening sets. This is one of the best Secret Santa gifts ever!
    BumblepantsLostInTranslationLego_StarAmanda1983kiki180703SumoLegoiso3200GothamConstructionCoRenegade007cjh
    Already reminiscing of this part years Secret Santa - cannot wait until this years is announced!
    @CapnRex101 and @rancorbait any idea when/if a 2016 secret santa thread will take shape?
    William_Townsleykiki180703Renegade007cjh
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 690
    @CapnRex101 and @rancorbait any idea when/if a 2016 secret santa thread will take shape?
    Strangely enough, I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday!! Last year's was a blast, so definitely up for another go!
    piratemania7LostInTranslation
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I'm definitely up for it.
    LostInTranslation
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Count me in.
    LostInTranslation
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 906
    This will be my third one, bloody hell! Looking forward to it.
    LostInTranslation
    Well, this particular thread was started in November 2015, so hold your horses for a little bit. :-)
    LostInTranslationBumblepantskiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,055
    ^ You mean hold your plastic-light-up-reindeer I already have out on the lawn next to the giant inflatable Santa right? RIGHT?!?
    LostInTranslationplasmodiumstluxkiki180703SalamalexSumoLegosnowhitie
    I thought it was federal law in America that you had to wait till after Thanksgiving before you could think about Christmas?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited October 2016
    Well I am already in the process of making Christmas decorations... Lego ones of course, from Chris McVeigh's excellent book :-) 

Edit - definitely up for doing Secret Santa again,  I need to pay forward the karma and generosity my 2015 Santa showed me.  
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Nope here in America stores start putting up Christmas stuff in September. 

Count me in for secret Santa. 
    gmonkey76LostInTranslationSumoLego
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,662
    I'm in for this. 
    LostInTranslation
    ^Fantastic cannot wait!
    Renegade007cjhkiki180703LostInTranslationMordoor
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    I've been watching Brickset Secret Santa unfold for two years now, I've come to a conclusion that I'd like to participate this year. It looks like a ton of fun!
    SalamalexLostInTranslationGothamConstructionCo
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 297
    ^ Me too.
    LostInTranslation
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,170
    I'm so in again!!!!
    LostInTranslation
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    Can't wait to join this amazing event for my first time! So excited!!!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,351
    edited October 2016
    Nope here in America stores start putting up Christmas stuff in September. 

Count me in for secret Santa. 
    It normally goes: July 4th Sales (July); Back to School (July); Halloween (August); Christmas (August).  I was looking at Christmas lights at Target just a few hours ago.  Blah!

I'm in - it's a fantastic event.  Just make sure to update your 'wants' list.  It makes it much easier for us non-artistic or clever folks that can't build something without some Danish instructions.
    Bricklover18snowhitiestluxkiki180703starwars4everSprinkleOttergmonkey76
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 377
    I'm in
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,059
    I'm in again. I do hope my recipient takes the time to post what they receive on the forum this year though. That's all part of the fun.

I've been slowly putting aside things I dislike some really cool gift sets for a while now for this ;-)
    SeijiAmasawabandit778SumoLegoSprinkleOttergmonkey76snowhitieRenegade007cjhkhmellymelcatwrangler
    Are we making it UK/EU this year instead of UK only? I seem to remember someone suggested that last year but it was too late to integrate it for that time round. I don't know how many non-UK mainland EU-based members we have - maybe it's even worth running three separate gift exchanges?
    stluxkiki180703SprinkleOtter
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 906
    And a we check to see we don't get the same person as last year :) Think I would struggle a third time!
    Bumblepantskiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,055
    edited October 2016
    ^I got the same person back-to-back the first couple years we did this too.
    ^I got the same person back-to-back the first couple years we did this too.
    Same here! "Random"-ness is a funny thing.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    edited October 2016
    I also got the same person the first two years. Definitely in again this year.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,336
    I can assure you that it is a totally random draw!
    starwars4everBumblepantsGothamConstructionCokiki180703snowhitiepiratemania7
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,757
    I'm a little nervous that I'll get some Jack Stone or Galidor in the post, but I'm in...
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 843
    Very cool! I'll be in this year. Sounds like fun.
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 843
    Also, I'm in the US, so if we do it location based I understand.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,057
    edited October 2016
    Looking forward to this, Christmas is the good thing about winter.

If there would be a separate Europe mainland one, I don't mind helping to organise (since I know you got one person per territory so you the organisers could be surprised too...), don't know how many there non UK-EU people there would actually be - I know last year us mainland based ones just entered the UK one since there was only a small amount of people, but I ended up using our UK address anyway.

Don't think it's that much more for a small parcel + it can be quite fun to go outside of the country since there might be other promotions/cool goodies there. But I guess the Captain has an idea of how many people we were actually talking about?
    Bricklover18kiki180703
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,336
    A continental European event would be great if there is sufficient interest.

Is anybody in the US willing to organise the event on their side of the Atlantic? It's very simple and you can still participate in the exchange.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703piratemania7
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    I'm in the US and put my hand up to say "Me!" I'd be glad to organize the US portion.

LostInTranslationstarwars4everkiki180703dspigelBricklover18stluxpiratemania7snowhitiegmonkey76