Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Best way to buy letter/number tiles

I have one of those Lego-compatible mugs, and I love to spell out messages on it but i'm limited by my lack of letter/number bricks. I have 850425 (the Business Card holder) but is this the only way to buy those tiles? At all the events i've been to, none of the sellers selling individual bricks ever have any letter ones.

There must be a better way?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,111
    You can buy them individually on bricklink but they aren't cheap, especially the more useful letters.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    I actually thought buying business card holder was a good way to pick up the letter tiles - I think I saw them on sale once or twice - picked up four or five of them for a stack of letters at about £8 each.  However, I'm not sure if they're still in stores - listed as retired on UK [email protected]
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    Saw the usefulness of these and bought a batch of the business cards too when lego had them on clearance and stashed them in the loft - plan to use for mocs and wedding anniversary surprise!  They were available on offer for a while, after most other sale stuff had gone, so I guess they didn't sell that well?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,577
    This notebook comes with letters and numbers too
    http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Notebook-with-Studs-850686
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    I ended up having to buy two of the business card sets anyway - there weren't enough letters in one set to spell my own name, which I thought was a bit lame!
    klatu003
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 656
    Really, I just looked at my letters in the business card set and I can easily spell out PAUL MERTON....do you have an awesome middle name or something ;-) ??
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    ^ My real surname has a U in it :p
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 656
    ahhhh, that'll teach me to trust usernames :-) Paul Murton...
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Would Lego calendars do? They're bricks though...