Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

in desperate search of 10228

dogsbeersbricksdogsbeersbricks Maine U.S.A.Member Posts: 4
I have dabbled in legos all throughout my life. Now that my gf and i have come to grips with our obsession for bricks we are lamenting the fact that we missed out on the monster hunters sets. all of them can be easily obtained on ebay / amazon at reasonable prices. with the glaring execption of the Haunted House. which has more then tripled it's MSRP. if anyone has a lead on the set at a more reasonable price i would be forever in your debt. Thanks for looking and any help you may be able to provide! 

Comments

• wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 510
    3x MSRP seems a bit extreme.  You should be able to find one for less than that, but I wouldn't expect to find one for a "reasonable" price of you are hoping to pay close to MSRP. Not trying to be harsh but rather realistic.  
    madforLEGO
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,111
    Yes, it's a popular set, rather a nice one too. Although have you looked closely at the prices for The Zombies? Prices there went crazy due to it disappearing fast.

I doubt you'll get many good leads though. You rarely get much below market price.
    madforLEGO
  • dogsbeersbricksdogsbeersbricks Maine U.S.A.Member Posts: 4
    thanks for the advice.. as a newb i really appreciate the feed back! if anyone has a site that they use for these kinda things other than ebay i would also like that info. Thanks again!
    Bricklink
    kiki180703dogsbeersbricks
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    Also search for a used one if you don't mind that and want to save a little money.
  • RobertoRoberto Imola, ItalyMember Posts: 117
    Forget at all to find a Haunted House at a reasonable price if you are looking for a new sealed one. But if you don't care for seals I suggest you to have a look at bricklink, there are buyers often who sell unboxed new sets for a better price, in alternative you can also find some used but like new complete sets. Good Luck.
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    There is someone selling 3 in the marketplace here for $395 each. That is a little more than 2x RRP..
    Pitfall69SumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    ^That is a reasonable price
    pharmjoddougtskiki180703SumoLegoGoldchains
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 876
    I have a used one (built once) for sale for €300 (~$330) + postage. No-one wanted to buy at that price :)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,860
    Yeah if you want the complete monsters fighters line you need the #9465 Zombies set, which is much more costly than the HH in terms of percentage of original MSRP to what one costs now.

The other thing you may want to look at is Craigslist as well, you never know when one could appear on there (as long as you take what I call the Craigslist precautions-Meet in public place/police station, be wary of anyone selling a 'sealed box' to ensure the box seals were not tampered with, deals too good to be true usually are, etc .

There is also bricklink.com and brickowl.com, but I would be very surprised if you found the HH there for a 'great price'. Though if you are ever looking for individual LEGO parts, those places are a good place to start (and places always good to know if you ever need to complete a set that may be missing parts).

Though the title to the thread is a bit misleading IMO. As you can find them everywhere, but you are desperately looking for a cheap one. :-)

• Aerros1Aerros1 California, USA Member Posts: 22
    Would the fact Halloween is close might be temporarily spiking the price a bit? I see a lot of people trying to create Halloween displays currently
    Aerros1 said:
    Would the fact Halloween is close might be temporarily spiking the price a bit? I see a lot of people trying to create Halloween displays currently
    Not really. The proximity of Halloween might have increased the prices a little faster in recent weeks, but I doubt they will go down again.
    madforLEGO
    If you are buying #9465 second hand or new open obviously look out for the minifigs (especially the Zombie Bride) but also the moonstone. The moonstone is now about $20US for a new one - more valuable than the Zombie Groom.
    madforLEGO
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    ^odd...and to think I have it lost in my pieces somewhere...
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 763
    ^^ I un-haunted my HH. So somewhere in my Lego spares I have a $20 moonstone? And the inhabitants are worth something too? Hmmm, maybe I need to dig them out and flog 'em..
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Briking said:
    ^^ I un-haunted my HH. So somewhere in my Lego spares I have a $20 moonstone?
    I'm pretty sure the Haunted House doesn't have a moonstone.
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    edited October 2015

Bought the set for normal price when it was still produced few years ago. Because of no time, I now have the set and am hesitating to open it and build it because of the price skyrocketing on secondary market.

Honestly I have the same problem with Fire Brigade, Town Hall and few other EOL sets I own.

Imagine owning a set without enough courage to open it, neither to sell it :D 

MattsWhat
    It's the zombie hand moonstone that has the value. It only came in The Zombies, not HH.
    madforLEGO
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 763
    That's ok then. Wasn't looking forward to trawling through my spares :-D
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    If like you say, "desperate", just pay the 3X and be done with it.   The only other thing I'd do is pay for it myself and leave the GF out of it, cuz the last thing you want is 1/2 a haunted house :)
    kiki180703CircleKdogsbeersbricks
  • dogsbeersbricksdogsbeersbricks Maine U.S.A.Member Posts: 4
    hey thanks guy's, i bit the bullet and got the cheapest i could find still in box. 
    BrikingCircleKBumblepants
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Congrats - You'll love it. It's the set that brought me out of my dark ages and is my favorite by far.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited October 2015
    agreed.  one of the top 5 sets of the past 5 years, possibly a top 5 all time set for that matter
    Legoboy