Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sell CMF Series 14 Case or 60 Individual?

Should I sell my CMF Series 14 Case of 60 sealed? Or should I open it and sell it 1 by 1?

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    Is there a reason why you are selling your Series 14? The reason I ask is because they are still available and haven't appreciated yet. With that said, I would think that it would be better to sell 3 complete sets (sealed) and then sell off the extras. It is too much work to sell off all 60 individually. 
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,252
    And perhaps it's just me, but I am highly adverse to purchasing 'sealed' boxes of CMFs that have been retired.

I'd rather have the guarantee of a set (or three), than purchasing that one case that may be 35 Zombie Pirates and a smattering of the rest.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    A sealed box will have a consistent ratio of figs in it, right?
    SumoLegoPitfall69
    It should.  Or it may not actually be sealed...

(It's easy to replace the seals.)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,111
    mlarue3 said:
    Should I sell my CMF Series 14 Case of 60 sealed? Or should I open it and sell it 1 by 1?
    What is your major objective and how much work are you willing to put in? Do you have packaging supplies and are you willing to do multiple post trips?
  • mlarue3mlarue3 Member Posts: 25
    I guess I want to make a decent profit on it. I run a Brink Link store. I see them sold different ways...individually, and 1 of all 16 and sell of individuals. I'd like to sell the packs sealed, but I'm not great at feeling the packages and knowing what they are.  I usually just dump them in another baggy and sell it as New/Complete since I never built or displayed it.  Packaging supplies and post office runs are no problem. I live 5 min from one and work 2 min from another. Is it a big deal between complete and complete/sealed?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,111
    For most buyers complete vs complete sealed is not that big a deal. If you make a mistake, it is a big(ger) deal. Superlots if complete series do sell, but may take some time. You'll get more from them by selling individually, but that takes more orders.
    Still waiting on my handheld x-ray machine...
    Where have you been? I ordered these years ago from the back of a comic book ;)