Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Buying an original set box

Any ideas how I can go about buying a box of the original product? The box of my tower bridge is pretty crushed so looking to have a new one

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    They are occasionally listed for sale on Bricklink. If you search for the set, it would likely be in the lower price listings.
    AceCobra1
  • AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
    Thanks guys
  • AceCobra1AceCobra1 UKMember Posts: 565
    How come some of these boxes are listed as "new" ?

Would it be safe for the box to be "folded" during transport?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    AceCobra1 said:
    Would it be safe for the box to be "folded" during transport?
    Flattened, perhaps, but I can't imagine any way to fold a LEGO box and not damage it.
    AceCobra1
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    edited October 2015
    I've bought boxes off Bricklink before with no problems.As long as they are flattened & shipped properly they have arrived in perfect condition.They're listed as new when someone usually buys the set to part out or just want the set & don't want the box,so the box is in new condition.
    AceCobra1
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited October 2015
    It's new.  Except for the fact that it was used.  As in folded open, filled up with stuff, tape sealed on both ends.  Shipped halfway around the world, put on at least one if not ten shelves, handled multiple times, eventually loaded into a vehicle,moved again, at which point the seals were opened,it was emptied, and then finally the box was flattened along its seams and stored. 

But it's in new condition by bricklink standards.  :-)
    AceCobra1kiki180703BuriedinBricksSumoLegoBumblepants