Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Selling Employee Gift Sets

mjfLEGOmjfLEGO LincolnMember Posts: 5
Howdy,

I'm a recent Lego employee looking to sell on a couple of products and I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested before throwing them on ebay/amazon for just anyone to buy...love my AFOLs. Both unopened and in mint condition.

Products are:
- 4002014 LEGO Hub Birds set. (Lego employee gift)
- 4000013 A Lego Christmas Tale (Lego employee gift)

Let me know if anyone is interested. 

Comments

• djbasics123djbasics123 Member Posts: 45
    How much is 4000013 A Lego Christmas tale please? I am in the uk, Thanks
  • mjfLEGOmjfLEGO LincolnMember Posts: 5
    Currently have an offer of £125 for it to a Lego seller. Would prefer to sell to a collector, so willing to take this amount or slightly less.
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    I agree. Anytime someone says "I have an offer already for xy" normally means they are trying to squeeze the highest amount out they can. If you really did get an offer for 125£ take it right now.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Well cheapest in the US is $78 and cheapest in the EU is 69€, so tbh asking on a AFOL-board with mostly well informed users for a price that´s double than the cheapest on BL is kinda...stupid?! 
  • austin3thanaustin3than Austin, TX, USAMember Posts: 17
    Dose your boss know you are selling these?  I thought employees are prohibited from selling their LEGO while currently employed.  Otherwise they could just use their employee discounts and resell the sets for a nice profit...  Can anyone verify?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    ^ I assume they are ex-lego, looking for their payoff from the free sets they got.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ According to the guys that work at the store to I go to all the time, there isn't a policy on those special gifts, only stuff they buy at the employee store and stuff they use their discount for.
    SumoLego
  • austin3thanaustin3than Austin, TX, USAMember Posts: 17
    Cool, I didn't know...  good luck and godspeed :)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,011
    bobabrickskiki180703
  • mjfLEGOmjfLEGO LincolnMember Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for late reply but to update you, both sets have now been sold. The re-seller was someone I met through working for Lego and got to know well and this was the price he gave me (£250 for both) so I took it presuming this is how much they went for. (But thanks for your kind words of calling me 'stupid'...kind forum here...)

And to answer one of the questions, yes it is highly frowned upon selling ANY Lego products when you work for the company however I have left my position so no longer work for Lego. 

kiki180703
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 694
    I nearly bid on a new/sealed Birdies 4002014 on eBay but I refrained as I don't want a new set, or even a set, just the instructions! It went for £107 with free shipping. The first thing I would do is scan the instructions for others (sorry LEGO) but I can't justify a brand new one just to open it for instructions. It's expensive for instructions :-(
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Member Posts: 115

Thanks for the update and I am so glad that you managed to set aside your principles in not selling to an AFOL and went with the better offer from a re-seller ( see I can do sarcasm too!)

If it's any consolation I wasn't calling you stupid, however I was calling you a liar and someone that tries to take advantage of others.

As for your friend the re-seller, well I think it's probably justifiable in being able to call him stupid as he bought something for double the current market value?

Feel free to visit our "kind" forum more often and maybe read about all the mean-spirited work the charity Fairybricks does?

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Lucky we didn't say anything about the dirty knife.
    legomatt
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,066
    @CapnRex101 - Please close, the sets are sold.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.