Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Advanced forum search now available

HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,017
edited October 2015 in Forum Operation
In response to complaints here and in the user survey about searching the forum, I've asked the Vanilla team to enable advanced searching.

To access it, search as usual using the box above then if you don't find what you're looking for, click on the down arrow in the long search box to access the advanced searching fields.

Let me know if it's an improvement.
Shibdougtskiki180703JenniCupIsHalfEmptysnowhitieJosephmr.pigglesSlapNutsAndorchuckp

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,484
    WOOHOO! Now to waste hours trying it out. It's always been the biggest weakness of the forum so that's a change that's greatly appreciated!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,742
    edited October 2015
    Cheers, Huw - it's definitely an improvement.

The ability to interrogate all search hits using a second search term would make it even better.
    Andor
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,064
    edited October 2015
    FINALLY! I love it so much!!!! Thanks you Huw!
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 442
    Just to confirm that I'm not being a numpty - I can't find any kind of search in the mobile version, is that correct? I can switch to the full site to do it so not too worried, but just thought I'd ask :)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,017
    Not sure, haven't tried but will do.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    Great news. Indeed it doesn't seem to work on my mobile either but I don't think it ever did...
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    Yeah, mobile site doesn't have a link to search (and indeed never did) but it can still be used if you go to: http://www.bricksetforum.com/search

Incidentally, you could also get to it via the usually annoying 'bug' when clicking on a set number. (Ex. #20006 )
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    Excellent! Just what we've been needing all these years! ;-)
    Andor