Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Double VIP points extends to Oct 31, 2015?

Called Lego customer service earlier today as my recent online order got cancelled.  The lady told me the promotion has extended to Oct 31, 2015.  Does anyone hear about this?
pharmjod

Comments

• RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 356
    Saw this on another site as well.   Apparently some one had a major change of heart from only 4 days to the whole month?
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 241
    [email protected] now says it runs through Oct 31. I'm guessing sales need goosing a little.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
     now it's like this:

• TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    I got a email from lego and double VIP points have been extended till Oct 31. 
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    Sales must have been lagging a little behind last year for them to have hanged the promotion twice. 
    dougts
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    I'm still convinced the 4th was a calendar misprint and it was supposed to be first through 14th all along

still the fact that they extended it for the entire month seems to support the slow sales argument
  • tverduintverduin MissouriMember Posts: 3
    I got a VIP card for my 16 year old son. Since he has to be 18 years or older, can I make an account and use the same VIP card?
  • jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    Cool! 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,082
    Hot dog! Double bonus plus the Christmas train! That's like getting 30% off on your $100.00 order.
  • L67L67 New Hampshire USAMember Posts: 6
    I suspect LEGO has a target for how many double points they want to award during the promotion and that they are trying to gauge how long it takes to reach that target. By extending the double points this way they are going after the customers who were on the fence about buying this month, as I'm sure those who weren't (like me) have already committed to a purchase.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    tverduin said:
    I got a VIP card for my 16 year old son. Since he has to be 18 years or older, can I make an account and use the same VIP card?
    Yes.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    richl said:
    [email protected] now says it runs through Oct 31. I'm guessing sales need goosing a little.
    Maybe if their website wasn't a POS every time there was a promotion they would get more sales.
    thenosDawnBumblepantskiki180703FollowsCloselyred237Sethro3Rainstorm26weevin
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247

Lately, every time I am on [email protected], first click get me where I asked, like creator them, order status, but then the 2nd click, to see a specific order or set, I am back to the home page.. can't do anything. Same with Chrome or IE.

Clearing cache/cookies does not do anything, but a log-out and back in of my VIP account allow me 5-6 clicks and enough to order but that is just stupid...

Not sure many people have that patience...

FollowsCloselyweevin
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 356
    I just logged into [email protected] to place an order, and the promotions aren't being shown as being added. Here is the message: 
    "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and your order may take up to 24 hours to process. Please note that if your order qualifies for promotions, they will be applied after we have processed your transaction. Express shipping options and payment using VIP rewards are not available during this time. Product availability may also be inaccurate during this time. Your order confirmation email will be delivered after your transaction has been processed."
  • JELJ1SJELJ1S Member Posts: 94
    @Dawn Ive had this same experience several times over the last month or so.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,364
    The horror stories with the site just make me wish I had a LBR store closer to home.

Wait, no, I would be broke then.
    kiki180703RonyarSethro3
  • squarebear47squarebear47 Ohio - USAMember Posts: 29
    I just placed an order last night (in the US) by phone because of the online issues.

However, the order online does not indicate that the free train set was added. I presume LEGO is good about honoring their promotions, but I'm weary that this will require further phone calls and polite complaining. Has anybody had a similar experience in the past?
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    I placed an order online once where the frontpage said that free gift was included but the final receipt did not.  I *assumed* it was a glitch but the order arrived without the gift.  I called and they said that it was while supplies last, so the answer is likely no.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 692
    busumoe1 said:
    I placed an order online once where the frontpage said that free gift was included but the final receipt did not.  I *assumed* it was a glitch but the order arrived without the gift.  I called and they said that it was while supplies last, so the answer is likely no.

Well supplies are still lasting; the train is not sold out. 
  • squarebear47squarebear47 Ohio - USAMember Posts: 29
    24 hours (ish) later and the item was added to the order after the fact. hope that helps anyone else who was in doubt
    Ronyar
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 758
    Last day of the double points. Did anyone pick up the Scooby Doo poster at a Lego store that's being given out today?