Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Question about Ebay Buyer

Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
I had an Ebay user create an account, buy a Lego set from me, then delete their account. I have never had this happen to me before. Is this some sort of trick? I haven't shipped the item out yet because of Columbus Day (Bank Holiday). What should I do next? Thank You.

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    i would do a paypal refund and not ship the order
    Renegade007cjhnatro220kiki180703
    that said, this happened to me a year or so ago, only the buyer deleted their account *after* I shipped the order.  I was convinced I was going to get a paypal dispute at some point, but I don't *think* I ever did.  if I did, I ended up winning the dispute in the end (so far, I'm batting 100% on that score)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,348
    I know that with the UK paypal reads eBay transactions and pushes any claims through eBay - meaning that in theory deleting your eBay account could stop you claiming.

I was recently sent the wrong item and sent the eBay complaint but after a couple of days waiting with no response got bored and went looking to see if I could claim back through paypal, couldn't see any way I could and my two accounts are not fully linked.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    Yeah, I was thinking about doing about cancelling the order. I just wanted to get some advice. I have been selling on Ebay for over 12 years and never had this happen. Why would someone delete their account? Sounds very fishy.
    @dougts , should I go through Ebay or PayPal? Will it automatically cancel the order through Ebay? I don't want to get charged fees.
    ebay I would propose
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Pitfall69 said:
    Why would someone delete their account? Sounds very fishy.
    Some people just don't like having online accounts. If the set was rare, they may have had no choice but to create an account - but then deleted it once it had served its purpose.

Or they may have created an account that identifies them (at least, to somebody) and want it to be a surprise.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,252
    I agree that it sounds fishy.  I assume they can't leave you feedback on the transaction if their account is already deleted?

I'd contact eBay for guidance on that one.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited October 2015
    TigerMoth said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    Why would someone delete their account? Sounds very fishy.
    Some people just don't like having online accounts. If the set was rare, they may have had no choice but to create an account - but then deleted it once it had served its purpose.

Or they may have created an account that identifies them (at least, to somebody) and want it to be a surprise.
    I could see that, but I would think most would at least wait until the transaction was complete before 86'ing the account. 

My guess is that a teen logged on to mom or dads account and bought a retired set from @Pitfall69 for about 300x original RRP. Parents find out - lose their mind - account closed. 

I agree with the advise given to cancel the transaction through eb. 
    SumoLegoPitfall69kiki180703
    300x? They got a deal then ;)
    CircleKwagnerml2gmonkey76Sethro3SumoLegokiki180703
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    I didn't think you could request to close an account if you had purchased or sold in the last 30 days?