Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Any way to find out about releases arriving before December (2015)?

bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
Hey all. I have a gif vouched=r for the lego store which expires at the end of November. Theres nothing that currently tickles my fancy so I wanted to know if there's a way I could know if something cool is coming down the pipes in the next 6 weeks. I'm generally interesting in OG SW sets, and models like the Mini Cooper, Wall–E, and UCS Tumbler (great recreations).

Thoughts?

If I'm down to the wire, I'd probably go for a couple Ideas birds sets (to piece together Cardinal), or *maybe* the Ferrari.

Comments

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Try searching "2015" on Brickipedia and you'll see the schedule of known releases for every theme.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,790
    On the basis you're buying from a Brand Store @bkpr, I'd consider buying in November and exchange your unwanted item at the same store in January.  Too much hassle for me but might be more convenient for you.
    bobabricks
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,729
    2016 sets will be in US brand stores at the end of November, probably at thanksgiving.
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    Legoboy said:
    I'd consider buying in November and exchange your unwanted item at the same store in January. 
    Meaning spend the gift card today, keep the set unopened until something better comes along, then exchange it for the better thing?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,790
    ^ Exactly.  You're just 'extending' the longevity of the gift card by a few weeks.
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    Might have to give it a try. 
    Also, I wonder whether the staff at the Lego store would simply extend it for me until the new year and new sets are available. 

Side note: I saw Eurobricks' image cache for the 2016 sets this morning, but nothing appealed :(
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,860
    edited October 2015
    Legoboy said:
    On the basis you're buying from a Brand Store @bkpr, I'd consider buying in November and exchange your unwanted item at the same store in January.  Too much hassle for me but might be more convenient for you.

I do not think this is good advice to be giving. Taking advantage of the return system to 'postpone' use of a voucher is not the main reason why a return system is there, it is to returned sets that were received as a gift and not wanted, or there was an issue. Not when someone has a goal in mind to undermine the expiration of a voucher. Again I get people apparently do it, but not sure about endorsing such behavior for others to think that is a good idea. Never mind that if you are a regular at the store and the employee remembers you getting the item then waiting to return it later it may burn a bridge of good faith between you and the store employees.
    I would say ask the store first and see if they can extend, or like @Huw says, 2016 sets may start appearing in late November, and even late December (right after Christmas, before new years.)
    goshe7
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,252
    http://www.people.com/article/lego-shortage-threatens-europe-christmas

Time for some old-fashioned profiteering!  Grab your Mindcraft and Frozen Lego now and sell them above RRP before Christmas!
    DedgeckoFollowsCloselybobabrickskiki180703
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    It'd be funny if after all this info, the voucher was for $5.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    Since when do gift cards expire?  Isn't there a federal law against that activity?  Or is it a coupon?