Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Question about Portal of Atlantis set.

OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
edited November 2011 in Collecting
The two sharks...

Are those supposed to actually be attached to their pillars, as if they were captive and serve as a defense mechanism like underwater gargoyles or something?

Or are they just attached to give the illusion of suspension and that they're obviously just swimming around?

Honestly can't tell if they're meant to detach or what.

Comments

• Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 47
    IIRC in the lego atlantis movie, they serve both purposes. They detach to attack the divers but before acted as gargoyles. Hopefully someone else can clarify this for you.
  • Rollo_TomassiRollo_Tomassi Member Posts: 113
    It's all up to you and your imagination. They could be evil Atlantean scientists who look like sharks if you want. They could be pivoting Atlantean security cameras shaped like sharks. It's up to you.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    I'm going to go with the sharks actually being angry hobbits that are guarding the legendary portal to Mushroomville. So, I should probably buy this set now.

Thanks for the insight.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    edited November 2011
    ^I believe they are Shark Guardian statues (like Waterjedi17 said). Meant to be statue/gargoyle type structures that come to life and attack when an enemy approaches (I think controlled and activated by the Portal Emperor).

I like your angry hobbits guarding Mushroomville idea. Add in ManBearPig and you got a winner...;)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    I think they're waterjedis.

Which Lego Atlantis movie? Didn't know there was one.
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 47
    After some research, here's a clip from the movie that shows the sharks at the end:
    (the entire Atlantis movie can also be found on YouTube as well)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHh3zfXVdzA
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Hey, thanks for that. Now I know Lego's own vision for what's going on in that set.