Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Modular Building

Comments

• TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    dougts said:

Yeah, I think three full stories that are full width/depth died with TH. PC is only two.  PR was only 24 wide past the first floor, and even then the 3rd floor was narrow and as much roof as wall.  DO was 2.5 stories 
    Parisian Restaurant has three stories. OK, the top one is in the roof (as with Cafe Corner, Green Grocer and Pet Shop) but it's still there.
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 477
    edited October 2015
    Bank sounds good. Should be easy to mod too as it could be a generic old-style building with what sounds like plenty of space inside.  I might make a pub.
    SumoLego
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited October 2015
    TigerMoth said:
    dougts said:

Yeah, I think three full stories that are full width/depth died with TH. PC is only two.  PR was only 24 wide past the first floor, and even then the 3rd floor was narrow and as much roof as wall.  DO was 2.5 stories 
    Parisian Restaurant has three stories. OK, the top one is in the roof (as with Cafe Corner, Green Grocer and Pet Shop) but it's still there.
    Which is exactly what I said. And comparing the third floor of PR to the third floors of CC and GG is laughable. It's less than half the size of those 
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    dougts said:

Which is exactly what I said. And comparing the third floor of PR to the third floors of CC and GG is laughable. It's less than half the size of those 
    Most (all?) of them lose a lot of floor space somewhere. Even Town Hall has a darn great hole in not one but two floors.

As for Parisian Restaurant, one of the reasons the floor is small is because the staircase is external - in others, with an internal staircase, you get a hole (OK, it's not as big) in the (internal) floor instead.

• LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Nice!  Can't wait for pics. Two stories seems par for the course, but I'm hoping for a great looking exterior!  
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited October 2015
    Posing as an innocent photographer taking pictures of a child holding an over-sized check, her real agenda is to repel down from the rooftop through a secret shaft to the vault below...
    Paperballpark
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,347
    Your new modular! :P

LegoTTSumoLegoCrowkillersVorpalRyubricktuaryAdeelZubairkiki180703wardmbobabricks
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 954
    ^
    Really?  Put down the smoke and/or drink.
    edited October 2015
    Did they announce the corner deli finally?  Not that I'd seen the leaked images....

For or what it's worth, I fully intend on buying two of those to modularize it. 
    VorpalRyu
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,347
    LegoTT said:
    Did they announce the corner deli finally?  Not that I'd seen the leaked images....

No annoucement, someone found 2016 images on LEGO's cache :)
    edited October 2015
    CM4S said:
    LegoTT said:

No annoucement, someone found 2016 images on LEGO's cache :)
    There are a lot of images that have surfaced from there.. :D

edited October 2015
    CM4S said:
    Your new modular! :P

Pretty close except for the missing Laundromat located around the corner.. :D
    Jern92
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Surprise press release coming tomorrow morning.  Finally some real news in this thread!
    I wish there was a chance that the modular was released before Christmas...
    Kavster
    edited October 2015
    LegoTT said:
    I wish there was a chance that the modular was released before Christmas...

I do too.. It would make a great present for my wife..

I get the double whammy because her birthday is the 23rd of December..
    SumoLego
    DadsAFOL said:
    Surprise press release coming tomorrow morning.  Finally some real news in this thread!
    If it is about the new Modular Bank, everyone is going to be very pleased.. ;) It's a beautiful set..
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,912
    edited October 2015
    Brew said:
    I wish they would re-release the IF. I have one NISB in my closet and it's really hard for me to crack it open and build it cause it's worth so much. I'm kidding of course (not about have a constant internal debate about opening it, but the re-release part).
    I ended up trading for one that someone else had already liberated.  It makes the hand-wringing much easier.

^ No mention of Space Skulls in the catalog materials.  I can rest well.  Market Street may be an ugly modular, but Space Skulls has no friction pins.
    VorpalRyu
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,929
    The next modular will be unveiled tomorrow.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    edited October 2015
    "Fine I'll Do It Myself..."

This better not be another Town Hall... :/
    kiki180703
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,285
    Stick around everybody. There's news afoot.
    LostInTranslationAdeelZubairHangedSanchezkiki180703SumoLegoRainstorm26
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,717
    A foot? Is it a trainer / sneaker store.
  • KavsterKavster London, UKMember Posts: 75
    ^ Seriously. Where?! …the cache?
  • KovJonasKovJonas SerbiaMember Posts: 36
    I found it on Beyond The Brick Facebook page
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Hmmm. Not sure if this matches with what I'd built up in  my mind. I quite like the use of the gold/silver bullion bars that are now in grey. That's pretty neat.

I'd been told last month that 10231 (if this is it) would be £119.99. But somehow I get the feeling this'll be DA money at £132.99.

Perhaps better pics of the inside will swing it for me. Right now, I still want to know more.
    And what's that massive tile the little lady is holding. It looks like one of those giant pools winners cheques they use at publicity shoots.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Is that a small clothes store on the right side? Would've preferred a vintage style sweet shop but easily changed.
    ^ Think it was mentioned to be a laundry.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 822
    Looks pretty decent!

Some nice parts too with the grey bullion bar and "Elves" fencing in Black! 
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,308
    If that is legit, I'm in. :)
    xiahna
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    Initial thoughts:

- That's a small bank. How is there space for a vault and counters etc?
    - Those windows are hideous. Why are they green? Doesn't quite match the rest of the building's colours
    - The string looks like a setup for a robbery. Perhaps the laundromat will be where money's hidden, or the robbers' escape route
    - Looks like I'll have trouble getting my hands into the model again
    - Cute minifigs. And love that massive cheque!
    - I suspect there will be a story in there somewhere....

Will reserve proper judgment till more pictures are released. But at the moment it just feels slightly underwhelming. And small. Where is the majesty/austerity of a proper bank? 
    Kavster
  • MeadleMeadle UKMember Posts: 84
    Omg, days and days, if not weeks of false alarms (20 or so new comments a day on this thread) there seems to be news!!! Thankfully I was still excited everyday seeing so many new comments so I didn't ignore things today! Btw- I like it!
  • KavsterKavster London, UKMember Posts: 75
    I don't know if it's just me, but the green doesn't look like it's come out well in that photo.
    I'd be interested to see other photos when they come out and how they look.

But either way, I will be buying one. I like it.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    oh and it's gone
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    Wife not too impressed by it but I imagine that will change when more pics. My bank balance might be happy if she still doesn't like it!
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    Press release is on Brickset.com, and all the images are in the database. It looks good, and it's £119.99, @iso3200 ...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,560
    I love it! 
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,045
    I love it, but they increased the price AGAIN in Canada. I guess it's because of the change rate.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,045
    I they this means the end of the pet shop and of the palace cinema, because in the press release, they say: 
    • Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant and 10246 Detective’s Office.
    SumoLego
  • aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
    Looks good and little doubt I'll be buying. But does feel like they're trying to attract a slightly younger audience with the last couple, with the 'hidden details' and 'story line'.
    Just hope that it isn't at the expense of build detail - the 1st floor façade looks fairly 'safe'.

That said, love having two shops, and like having a corner where access isn't on the actual corner.

Overall, thumbs up from me, but looking forward to more detailed images
    HangedSanchez
    edited October 2015
    Sand green windows look better in the official images for sure, and £119.99 is a welcomed price point. Another corner won't work too well in my street - but looks easy to modify to a standalone 24 studs wide, and MOC up a separate laundry.
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    edited October 2015
    Ha ha! I'll fess up and say I had a really good laugh upon learning, as Huw noted, the inclusion of an otherwise innocuous "laundromat."

The cookie thing in DA was a bit of convoluted storytelling. But you don't need a tale to further any "storyline" with this "laundromat"; its very presence is enough to wring a jaded chuckle.

Bank = staid, expected, whatever
    Bank + laundromat = subversive and oh, so cheeky, TLG!

A nod to all knowing AFOLs and a lesson for unsuspecting little ones to revisit in the future.
    pharmjod
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    According to the brick show on YouTube its 2300 pieces and it retails for $170.
    Any word on a release date?
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 584
    Finally, this forum can now explode for a good reason. No more 50 new messages about Market Street being a modular or not. 
    SumoLegoRainstorm26kiki180703VorpalRyuAdeelZubairRsa33JELJ1SGoldchainsgmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,912
    edited October 2015
    The Pet Shop and Palace Cinema are conspicuously absent from the promo photos!
    VorpalRyupharmjodgmonkey76
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Looks great, can't wait to get it
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651

I just found out that the LEGO Creator, Expert - Brick Bank (10251) is designed by Marcos Bessa, the cheque is signed by him ;)

Marcos certainly finished of the new trilogy of Modulars very nicely. It's definitely the most outstanding street layout I have ever seen in the LEGO medium :)

Mynattbluedragondafish
    edited October 2015
    Nice find!  Here are some of the other official images, just to get them in the thread. 

I think I might Bricklink an extra second floor for this bad boy. I love the way this turned out.

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    So many excellent details. I just love it.
    SumoLego