Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Modular Building

Comments

• SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 565
    So do we get a new piece for the corner of the building as well!?
    wardm
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,606
    Yes, I came here to post exactly that! 5 plates high. The corner uses a combination of those, the 1x1 bricks with stud, and the 1x1 headlight bricks.

MrJ_NYBumblepantskiki180703SirBenAdeelZubairDedgeckobluedragon
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    I'm hoping we get a polybag that is associated with the new modular,the way the Flower Cart was designed almost as an accessory to Detective Office.I've heard rumor it may be the 40221 set images have surfaced of but it seems to be a rather high piece count.Time will tell...
    SumoLegokiki180703khmellymel
    Sorry, I didn't mean there is a new piece for the corner - I was replying to an earlier post!
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,165
    Where on earth are you lot getting hold of the new modular from?? It's not out for another 3 weeks!
    Very jealous! ;-)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,813
    MrJ_NY said:
    I'm hoping we get a polybag that is associated with the new modular,the way the Flower Cart was designed almost as an accessory to Detective Office.I've heard rumor it may be the 40221 set images have surfaced of but it seems to be a rather high piece count.Time will tell...
    Hopefully, it'll be revealed in the January Lego Store Calendar... (or February?)
    kiki180703
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Bah...looks like Nexo Knights Intro Pack,so much for rumors.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/22827394883/in/dateposted/

edited December 2015
    Where on earth are you lot getting hold of the new modular from?? It's not out for another 3 weeks!
    Very jealous! ;-)
    I've also seen the new Ghostbusters HQ in person as well! ;)
    kiki180703JudgeChuckLegoTT
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,646
    MrJ_NY said:
    We do have one though...

BumblepantsVorpalRyukiki180703SirBenkhmellymelJern92madejp86
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,257
    ^Thanks for posting that, I couldn't remember what it looked like. Certainly worth waiting for if it is indeed a promo. Love stuff like that to add to City layouts.
    VorpalRyuAdeelZubairkiki180703SumoLego
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,165
    Very jealous! ;-)
    I've also seen the new Ghostbusters HQ in person as well! ;)
    Lucky so-and-so! ;-)

Did you see them at Bricks 2015, or somewhere else?
  • Lego_Nerd98Lego_Nerd98 Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 235
    Wow....those tiles on the first floor are fantastic. Must have it!
    I want the parts list for that tree!  I want to build twenty of them.
    kiki180703VorpalRyu
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    ^what? You want to build something?
    kiki180703VorpalRyuSumoLego
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    edited December 2015
    SumoLego said:
    I want the parts list for that tree!  I want to build twenty of them.
    The main connection is this new plant stem. The rest of the tree looks fairly common. 

SumoLego
    Obviously, I'm not feeling well.  

But to be hyper-technical, I don't open boxes.  Once the boxes are open, then all bets are off.

But I'm not about to start using my imagination - so I need me some instructions!

(Here's some proof - I do build stuff...)

Rainstorm26VorpalRyukiki180703MattsWhatMrJ_NY
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    SumoLego said:
    What is this 'imagination' nonsense?  First you tell me people build these sets, and now people deviate from the instructions?

Strange.
    And then you show a picture of something you've built, where you have exercised (a little) imagination, and deviated from the instructions?

Also strange.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyu
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    SumoLego said:
    Obviously, I'm not feeling well.  

But to be hyper-technical, I don't open boxes.  Once the boxes are open, then all bets are off.

But I'm not about to start using my imagination - so I need me some instructions!

(Here's some proof - I do build stuff...)

Wait, being handed a bottle of wine (no glass I notice) as you enter a Lego store... this is awesome!
    But why did you used a rotated 1x1 plate for the G and not a 2x1 centrally positioned.  No wait, I shouldn't have mentioned that, you'll put it back in the box.
    kiki180703SumoLego
    edited December 2015
    I don't think there is an elegant way to make a block 'G'.  And I have to change the color to red.

Perhaps my sarcasm doesn't bleed through my comments.  (Maybe I'll use the italics?)
    VorpalRyukiki180703
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    edited December 2015
    The internet, a place where sarcasm can be mistaken for honest advice...

Why at times I'll end a convo with /sarc
    Just to be sure they'll get the point.
    SumoLegoDedgeckoLego_Nerd98kiki180703xiahna
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    SumoLegoTheLoneTensorkiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    I don't think there is an elegant way to make a block 'G'.  And I have to change the color to red.

Perhaps my sarcasm doesn't bleed through my comments.  (Maybe I'll use the italics?)
    Wait, what bit was sarcastic... you didn't actually build anything? You do know an elegant way of making a G and you're not sharing it?  You don't really keep all your lego in the box?
    I'm so confused... everything I know about you is crumbling in a lack of /sarc /sarc

As for the G maybe this?

kiki180703
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    On October 12  FollowsClosely said: 
    I so look forward to every modular. My first impressions:
    1) It has a small footprint. Smallest modular yet (excluding MS).
    2) When I look at it, it fails to keep my attention. No way Jamie designed this.
    3) The laundromat should stick out to give the structure some most needed depth.
    4) The groove bricks on the corner of the second floor look horrible.
    5) I like the use of the zip line and cupcake top.
    6) Windows look printed.
    7) Love the Money laundering.
    8) Like the colors of the laundromat, the rest is just blah.
    9) The bley Gold bricks are connected to a 1x2x2 somehow. Is that a new snot piece?
    10) Nice to see the elves pieces making an appearance.

#9 confirmed:

kiki180703
    SumoLego said:

Try a 1x2 tile with a little bit sticking out on each side? Might ruin the typeface style though
    SumoLegokiki180703
    SumoLego said:

I don't think there is an elegant way to make a block 'G'.
    How so?

Look carefully at that. Look at what actually appears on this page in the quotes. It doesn't have the serif that you're so keen to add. So fonts do; some don't. So if it's hard, don't.
    SumoLego said:

Some people don't do sarcasm. Heck! There are whole countries that don't.
    kiki180703
    I can pretty much make any letter out of bricks. Especially the ones that are built into the wall, such as in the Pet Shop or Fire Brigade.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    Brick show just got their copy hope they do a review soon
    I can pretty much make any letter out of bricks. Especially the ones that are built into the wall, such as in the Pet Shop or Fire Brigade.
    Can you make me an ampersand please ;).  I need it for my Fish & Chip shop.
    FollowsCloselyVorpalRyuLego_Nerd98Paperballparkkiki180703
    Doing a 'G' within a 5 stud by 3 stud confinement requires some imagination.  

Of which I have none.  
    Bumblepantskiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,613
    Forgive me if I missed someone answering this already (catching up on a lot of posts here) but are those glass pieces printed with that designed or are those stickers?

kiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    Doing a 'G' within a 5 stud by 3 stud confinement requires some imagination.  

Of which I have none.  
    Well you DID think of that round gold 1x1 tile out front. So there is that. Give yourself some credit man!
    VorpalRyukiki180703SumoLego
    ^ (It is literally the least creative thing ever.  Aside from a double-decker couch, but someone beat me to it.)

But thank you.

I have no idea if the faux stained-glass window is a printed piece, but I would assume it is a sticker.  All of the translucent parts O've ever seen are stickers.  (Batcave, TMNT mutating chamber, etc.)
    Lego_Nerd98Bumblepantskiki180703
    MattsWhat said:
    Can you make me an ampersand please ;).  I need it for my Fish & Chip shop.
    I'm on it. Can you make it a Fish 'n' Chip shop?
    kiki180703
    It's a bit unrealistic, isn't it? People don't usually get the apostrophes right on signs.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    ^fish n chip's
    SumoLegoricecakekiki180703
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Forgive me if I missed someone answering this already (catching up on a lot of posts here) but are those glass pieces printed with that designed or are those stickers?
    I'm too lazy to find the source, but I'm fairly certain it was confirmed by someone at LEGO that all windows on the ground floor are printed.
    kiki180703madforLEGO
    @MattsWhat what size do you want? Do you have a pic of the sign so far?
    kiki180703
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    binaryeye said:
    I'm too lazy to find the source, but I'm fairly certain it was confirmed by someone at LEGO that all windows on the ground floor are printed.
    Eh, maybe not so lazy after all. It's in the product description at [email protected]
    SumoLegokiki180703

I didn't actually think to check, but I suspect it's printed.
    kiki180703
    Here's an elegant way to build a 'G'....and a few other letters :D

AdeelZubairSumoLegokiki180703sklambJenni
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,858

I didn't actually think to check, but I suspect it's printed.
    I'm sure they're printed. Unlike the posters in the Palace Cinema, which had to be decorated on both sides, cost-cutting is the only real incentive to use stickers for the Brick Bank. And if LEGO was willing to pay to have printed windows in the Detective's Office set, I see no reason they'd consider printing too expensive for this one.

Plus, if the windows were stickered, I'm sure we'd be able to see it in these photos. Stickers on transparent parts tend to be fairly conspicuous, and LEGO doesn't have the best track record for applying stickers even on models they assemble.
    kiki180703sklamb
    Here's an elegant way to build a 'G'....and a few other letters :D
    Small problem - it's"LEGO".
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,044
    edited December 2015
    ^ Ummm... I think that's what he did ;) (The G is the third piece)
    ^ Ummm... I think that's what he did ;) (The G is the third piece)
    And "e" is the second. Not the "E" it should be.
    kiki180703SumoLego
    edited December 2015
    Either way, I like it, but it's larger that the 5 stud by 3 stud palette I am working with.
    kiki180703
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 494
    Maybe you should redesign the area above the door to accomodate larger letters?
    SumoLego
    I could do that, but I'm mirroring another Grand Emporium with the 'Shop' facade.  I think in red, the letters will be fine.
    davetheoxygenman
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,033
    I had the pleasure to build the new LEGO Modular Brick Bank last night. Will
    write up a review shortly. In summary it is an awesome set, a pleasure to build,
    and the play-features are really fun. There were a couple of things I didn't
    like, but I will talk about those in the review.

What I wanted to bring to the attention of you guys is the set I received is
    missing two pieces. A 1x1x6 white round column from the side of the Laundromat,
    and a 1x8 white brick. Unfortunately they are definitely missing - not stuck
    in the bags, or lost from my building surface. The first time I have experienced
    missing large pieces from a set, and the first time I experienced missing more
    than one piece.

I don't know if I'm just unlucky and this is just an isolated incident,
    or if there is a whole batch that is missing these two parts. I have reported
    the issue to my contact at LEGO already, but I don't know if they will be
    able to rectify the situation (if a whole batch is effected) before the set officially
    goes on sale in less then two weeks.

I guess we will see shortly as reviews come online to see if other people run
    into the same thing as well. If there is more than just myself who experienced
    this, this can become a problem. Anyway, just keep your eyes on this set and
    the reviews.
    MrJ_NYkiki180703CircleKbrickupdate
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,646
    LegoTTkiki180703gratefulnatMrJ_NYtallblocktooSarky
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    ^ was just about to post that. Good review. Not my favorite modular, but the build looks enjoyable!