Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Modular Building

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,460
    Sarky said:
    CCC said:
    It also seems someone is burning unopened mail - Credit card statements after buying too much lego?
    Where did you find that? Seems interesting.
    Back of the box.
    VorpalRyu
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    Not really 'going green', if we're burning mail.
    VorpalRyu
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited October 2015
    SumoLego said:
    Not really 'going green', if we're burning mail.
    The envelope contained Item 9... That dude is about to be high as a kite.

VorpalRyu
  • dafishdafish Copenhagen, not too far from BillundMember Posts: 35
    I do a monthly lottery with my cc statements. The winner gets paid. Those who send a reminder do not take part in the following drawing.
    VorpalRyupharmjodkiki180703
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited October 2015
    ^ Genco Soda Pop Importing.
    edited October 2015
    Let's try that again...
    Sethro3 said:
    ^Good idea. What business front would they have for them to sneak into...the laundromat would have been a good fit there too.
    Genco Soda Pop Importing
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 156
    O.o memo to self, do not go from page two to page thirteen without reading in between. Else you will be going... HUH?!?! lol
    SumoLegokiki180703VorpalRyu
    ^ That's probably also true going from one post to another.
    VorpalRyusklambandhekiki180703Sethro3Goldchains
    With the big reveal of the GBHQ and the Brick Bank, is anyone else suddenly itchy for a Police Station?

(And more importantly, should I start the speculation thread for the 2017 modular?)
    VorpalRyugmonkey76kiki180703mr.pigglesGoldchains
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,610
    ^ A Police Station? No.
    gmonkey76binaryeye
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    SumoLego said:
    With the big reveal of the GBHQ and the Brick Bank, is anyone else suddenly itchy for a Police Station?

(And more importantly, should I start the speculation thread for the 2017 modular?)
    A butchers would be better. Plus it would include loads of sausages.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142

Must have for me. I am curious about the outer color of the second floor though, some people say it is white and all those tan pictures are caused by a bad angle/light etc. However when you compare the bank with Parisian restaurant on last pictures (with the DO in between), the "white" of the bank is not that white as the snowy white of the restaurant. A new color then?

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Black brick bricks too!! That's another first.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 751
    ^^ Are Lego sausages carcinogenic?
    JELJ1S
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2015
    ^they are if you put them on the BBQ.
    The Simpson House has a problem then...
    MattsWhat
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Patrik78 said:
    I am curious about the outer color of the second floor though, some people say it is white and all those tan pictures are caused by a bad angle/light etc. However when you compare the bank with Parisian restaurant on last pictures (with the DO in between), the "white" of the bank is not that white as the snowy white of the restaurant. A new color then?
    The front of the bank is farther from the light coming from the left, so the whites aren't as bright and shadows are more pronounced. There is also a slight tint on some of the bricks due to light reflected from the Sand Green. If you measure the RGB values of areas that should be white, there is essentially no difference. The upper right corner of the central arch on the PR is 242/242/242 and the upper left corner of the left arch on the BB is 238/238/238.
    Black brick bricks too!! That's another first.
    Where do you see these?
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    edited October 2015

^ In the close up of the banker giving the little girl a cookie..

The ones on the right? Those are dark gray.
    Pitfall69
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    yep, looking at them again they are definitely dark gray..
    MattsWhat said:
    ^they are if you put them on the BBQ.
    Not at my BBQ.  Purely for bludgeoning, only.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    SumoLego said:

Yes. Some will argue that there are already too many LEGO police stations, but the same could have been said about fire stations before Fire Brigade was announced (and even after it was released).

With LEGO constantly updating the police and fire themes, you would think eventually they will add the missing one to the modular line. That and look at it this way...the majority of the modular have had a retail spin to them. You could say that only FB and TH didn't. In due time we'll see another that isn't focused on shopping/entertainment/food/etc.

The 32x32 base probably limits it, but some sort of factory or builder's yard would be good. Perhaps on a 48x48.  Or 48x32
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^or even a modular under construction with 1.5 floors and a crane and workforce maybe.  Would get all manner of criticism for not having the different floors you can remove but hey, It would look nice in my street.
    FollowsCloselygmonkey76kiki180703prevere
    Begun again, the Police Precinct discussion has
    graphitegmonkey76Bumblepantskiki180703Pitfall69brickupdateSumoLegoLostInTranslation
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,259
    MattsWhat said:
    ^or even a modular under construction with 1.5 floors and a crane and workforce maybe.  Would get all manner of criticism for not having the different floors you can remove but hey, It would look nice in my street.
    They would still increase the price $10 over the BB.
    edited October 2015
    binaryeye said:
    The front of the bank is farther from the light coming from the left, so the whites aren't as bright and shadows are more pronounced. There is also a slight tint on some of the bricks due to light reflected from the Sand Green. If you measure the RGB values of areas that should be white, there is essentially no difference. The upper right corner of the central arch on the PR is 242/242/242 and the upper left corner of the left arch on the BB is 238/238/238.

I've just found a video of it and I am convinced it isn't pure white. I am getting more and more confused now. Because of the different colors on official pictures and now because of this video as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G0pQux1vdc

• TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    The are a few issues. White reflects everything - and then a few other things as well. bricks facing in different directions will adopt different hues according to what's in front of them. Indeed, the fact the colour varies so much might even be a clue that it is white! Then, some of the images are generated, rather than photographed, then photoshopped, combined with some other similar images and photoshopped some more.

So let's stick with one image at a time. If you look at the last picture above, the office seen, tyou know the clock is white, it matches the wall, and it it's taken squarely. If you think the back wall is a different colour, then look at the aerial view of that floor. The clock's still there; so is the back wall; but so too is the front wall - indeed, it positively glows. And considering what we've seen of TLG's offices, it was probably take in a very LEGO-white room, without any hints of other colours - even other whites.
    Patrik78 said:
    I've just found a video of it and I am convinced it isn't pure white. I am getting more and more confused now. Because of the different colors on official pictures and now because of this video as well...
    It looks pretty clearly white in that video, to me.
    edited October 2015

I agree. Most clues show it is white. The other confusing materials are probably a mistake.

Same with GB HQ being placed in Ideas category then removed. And the lack of more GB HQ photos as well.

Actually both reveals are quite strange and a bit lacking in Lego's high standards.

dougts
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    I have a feeling they weren't really ready to announce GB HQ. Their twitter feed was full of stuff about Weiwei - and then, suddenly, after GB HQ, it wasn't. Perhaps they've been learning a trick or two from the politicians!
    VorpalRyu
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,891
    If can get a GB headquarters, why not a BTTF clock tower?
    William_TownsleySumoLego
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,260
    prevere said:
    1955, 1985, 2015 or Biff Tower from alt 1985?
    Pitfall69
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,430
    I would have no clue it's a police station.
    In another hand, police station around here rarely distinguish themselves much from surrounding buildings.
    edited October 2015
    Occam's razor called to say that the bank is white.
    VorpalRyuSumoLegobinaryeyeJELJ1SDedgecko
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
    prevere said:
    And a Minas Tirith?
    Jenni
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,615
    To be fair I was not impressed with FB being released as again it is a fire station which LEGO readily had in the city line. Now, that being said the FB turned out to be a really great looking building. Not sure how great the police station would look. Maybe it would look great, but you still have the idea of a mod slot being used for a Police station/Precinct for 4-5 years at (now apparently) 169.99 USD.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    ^But we can say PP!!!!
    SumoLegoYodaliciouskiki180703
    PP rocks.  Not as much as set 58008, but fun nonetheless.
    JELJ1S
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    edited October 2015
    I'm getting used to the idea of the Bank, but I'm still on that boat of really wanting a Police HQ above all else. Except maybe a sweet museum, because... dinosaurs. Listen, the crime in my modular city cannot go unchecked. Cookie bootlegging, money laundering... next the citizens will start to doubt the mayor, they'll begin to move out, lawlessness will reign, I'll have to bring in Batman, it will be a mess.

(Aaaand NyQuil is winning over brain. Time to log off.)

matticus_bricksPitfall69VorpalRyuYodaliciouspharmjodSethro3JELJ1Skiki180703brickupdate
    Chase McCain is all the police my modular town needs.

(And maybe some help from Deputy Johnny Thunder.)
    gmonkey76matticus_bricksPitfall69VorpalRyuThanos75
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    My personal police force is usually made up of some combination of Marvel heroes, time travelers, a particular scribble-faced cop, and occasionally, the Lone Ranger. Right now, the core Avengers are attending a movie premier at the newly-opened Palace Cinema, so I believe Ant-Man and Spider-man are filling in for them. It just occurred to me that I'd also like to recruit some dwarves and the Fellowship of the Ring to patrol the streets as well. 
    VorpalRyupharmjoddafish
    Maybe an FBI HQ...
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    Our modular town has the Avengers, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine & the Ultra Agents, but I think it's high time the city council built a station & started recruiting Police Officers... Just as long as they're not like Mahoney & Co from Police Academy, should be all good.
    LostInTranslationmatticus_bricksxiahna
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,610
    I think the next modular should be a Post Office.
    William_Townsley
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I think the next modular should be a Post Office.
    A post office would be good on a corner 
    JELJ1S
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,460
    With more and more play features being added each time, it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere down the line one contains a Friends slide (part 11267).
    SumoLegoBumblepantskiki180703wardmklatu003
    With the new bank, I can't see us getting another corner until 2019 at the earliest.
    SumoLego