Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickset Import Tools - Brickpicker

Hi! It appears the brickpicker.com import tool is no longer working. When attempting to import from the file d/l from brickpicker.com, the message displayed below is given. I noticed that brickpicker.com recenlty updated the export file to contain a "#" in the Set Number column. This may be what is causing the issue? Any help for this very useful feature would be appreciated! I prefer brickset.com over the other websites...

Error

An error has occured while importing the file: The file does not contain any valid data lines.

Please upload another file and try again.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    Now I'm home I'll take a look at this when I get 5 minutes.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,240
    [email protected] 

Sorry, about the errors. I also wanted to suggest you consider changing your username. Guests are able to view this forum, thus you could get e-mails from literally anyone (spam) if your username is your e-mail.
  • jeffmacejeffmace Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2015
    One of our members sent me a note about this post.  I just cleared my brickfolio and then imported 165 items that are stored in this system.  I know I need to update the API to Huw's latest version and will do that this week, but it did work fine.  Feel free to email me at [email protected] to help troubleshoot from my end if Huw doesn't see anything here.
    I think the problem is the other way round: importing a BP list into Brickset.

The OP suggests there's a # at the start of numbers now which if the case will break the import but can be easily fixed, once I find time to do it which might not be this week as I have a show to prepare for.
    I've modified the code to handle the new column order of the XLS that BrickPicker exports, so please try again and let me know how to get on.